2021 Draft advice and results

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Just finished my 14 team league .5 ppr draft which also has draft picks to trade every season. I sold the farm last season as I was on contention for 1st. Ended up 3rd and with not a lot of picks in the first half of the draft.

qb/rb/2wr/flex/k/d

16. Mahomes

18. N. Harris

39 Pitts

60+ picks later

102 Corey Davis wr

103 tony pollard rb

122 Jarvis landry

123 mike gesicki

130 Tampa bay defence

139 jackobi meyers

151 jaylen waddle

158 Darnell Mooney

160 Ryan succop

179 Justin fields

186 jd mckissic

so my thoughts were a #1 qb, rb1 and te1 were the most important things to get off the rip as I had no picks from 39-102 where most of these postitons will be completely gutted. I was pretty much right lol. Then i just concentrated on finding wr1s or possible wr1s on shit teams for volume. Grabbed pollard as he was the only good backup left and went early on D as they were projected to provide more points then any players left.

don’t love it but I think I did ok considering the large gap of talent I missed. Crossing my fingers for some breakouts.

This i'm guessing is your rebuild year haha, but i love the high upside WRs you took (Jacobi/Waddle could be WR1s on their team, Mooney is my target this year in late rounds). All three are on my radar for late round picks.

Corey Davis is a sneaky WR1 that you can find late in drafts, great pick.

Love McKissic at the end as he could get 3rd down work. Another RB i'd take a flier on is Kenneth Gainwell, but chances are he's gone? He could get the Nyheim Hines role in the philly offense.

Love Justin Fields, I think him and Mooney as a stack could be very good near the end of the season. I think he will take the job from Dalton.

Yeah, think this year is out of your hands....either Pitts becomes elite or Pollard and Harris break out

Reactions: tacogeoff

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Just finished my 14 team league .5 ppr draft which also has draft picks to trade every season. I sold the farm last season as I was on contention for 1st. Ended up 3rd and with not a lot of picks in the first half of the draft.

qb/rb/2wr/flex/k/d

16. Mahomes

18. N. Harris

39 Pitts

60+ picks later

102 Corey Davis wr

103 tony pollard rb

122 Jarvis landry

123 mike gesicki

130 Tampa bay defence

139 jackobi meyers

151 jaylen waddle

158 Darnell Mooney

160 Ryan succop

179 Justin fields

186 jd mckissic

so my thoughts were a #1 qb, rb1 and te1 were the most important things to get off the rip as I had no picks from 39-102 where most of these postitons will be completely gutted. I was pretty much right lol. Then i just concentrated on finding wr1s or possible wr1s on shit teams for volume. Grabbed pollard as he was the only good backup left and went early on D as they were projected to provide more points then any players left.

don’t love it but I think I did ok considering the large gap of talent I missed. Crossing my fingers for some breakouts.
I would have punted QB and took a WR/RB at 16. You can replace QB so easily, even Fields combined with like Kirk Cousins would have gave you a solid QB position. Like most of the rest of your picks though, don't think you have a chance unfortunately.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
In a 10 team, half ppr league, standard scoring and positions, drafted 10th. Ended up with:
QB-Wilson
RB-Chubb, Ekeler, Davis, Carter, Conner
WR-Allen, Robinson, Moore, Boyd, Gallup, Mooney
TE-Goedert, Gesicki
Def-San Fran
K-Blankenship
Could've taken Kelce on the wheel but would've sacrificed at RB, which I didn't like the idea of doing. Wilson fell further than expected though, so surprisingly took him as QB9 off the board. Too many drafters started doubling up on TE way too early, so I lost out a bit there.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Drafted 5th in a 12 team league for my fiancee's work league.

QB - M.Stafford
RB1 - A.Kamara
RB2 - M.Sanders
WR1 - C.Ridley
WR2 - J.Julio
TE - G.Kittle
FLX1 - OBJ
FLX2 - Devonta Smith
DST - GB Packers

BN - Corey Davis
BN - AJ Dillon
BN - Devante Parker
BN - Tua
BN - Malcolm Brown
BN - L.Murray
BN - R.Cobb

RB's are a little light, but since we have Kamara (and Murray) hopefully it will balance out. I'm also happy we got a top 5 RB, TE and potentially WR with Calvin Ridley.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I would have punted QB and took a WR/RB at 16. You can replace QB so easily, even Fields combined with like Kirk Cousins would have gave you a solid QB position. Like most of the rest of your picks though, don't think you have a chance unfortunately.

Agree, mistake to take Mahomes 16th. Could have gotten a good RB and taken Tannehill much later

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
This i'm guessing is your rebuild year haha, but i love the high upside WRs you took (Jacobi/Waddle could be WR1s on their team, Mooney is my target this year in late rounds). All three are on my radar for late round picks.

Corey Davis is a sneaky WR1 that you can find late in drafts, great pick.

Love McKissic at the end as he could get 3rd down work. Another RB i'd take a flier on is Kenneth Gainwell, but chances are he's gone? He could get the Nyheim Hines role in the philly offense.

Love Justin Fields, I think him and Mooney as a stack could be very good near the end of the season. I think he will take the job from Dalton.

Yeah, think this year is out of your hands....either Pitts becomes elite or Pollard and Harris break out

Agree with gainwell he was still there. I chose mckissic over him but flagged him to watch how their committee unfolds.

My hopes is fields starts sooner then later and performs well then I can flip mahomes for a solid wr

it’s gonna be a rough one but with 14 teams anything can happen when injuries start to pile up.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Agree, mistake to take Mahomes 16th. Could have gotten a good RB and taken Tannehill much later

he was gone almost all good qbs were gone when I got my next pick at 102. I guess I could of went fitzmagic or tua but my hopes is to flip mahomes for a wr if fields takes over and performs decently

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Prepping for my TD Only league draft tonight. Making this league exceptional is QB’s get 6 points for passing TD’s unlike 4 points in a traditional TD league.

How much does this scoring system muck with rankings? Here’s my top 10 x-ranked players:

1. Mahomes.
2. Allen
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Herbert
6. Hill
7. Henry
8. Wilson
9. Adams
10. McCaffrey

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

it was a tough choice. I was trying to anticipate the draft based on the previous 6 or 7 seasons we had. Unfortunately with no picks from 39-102 and 14 teams all the good qbs were off the board so I’m kind of glad I didn’t risk it BUT a WR1 like Allen or Robinson would have been very helpful.

oh I won’t have a chance to win unless I can flip mahomes if fields plays early and is efficient. But then there is injuries so I do have some optimism but we will see how I am feeling by week 6 … that optimism may have turned to disgust and horror lmao

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

QB - M.Stafford
RB1 - A.Kamara
RB2 - M.Sanders
WR1 - C.Ridley
WR2 - J.Julio
TE - G.Kittle
FLX1 - OBJ
FLX2 - Devonta Smith
DST - GB Packers

BN - Corey Davis
BN - AJ Dillon
BN - Devante Parker
BN - Tua
BN - Malcolm Brown
BN - L.Murray
BN - R.Cobb

RB's are a little light, but since we have Kamara (and Murray) hopefully it will balance out. I'm also happy we got a top 5 RB, TE and potentially WR with Calvin Ridley.

Looks great. Stafford should hopefully feast with the rams. Sanders will be iffy at rb2 as I believe Philly may be going committee with all that talent in their backfield. Not a fan of obj but he could bounce back. Kamara, little Julio and Ridley should be great this year.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Prepping for my TD Only league draft tonight. Making this league exceptional is QB’s get 6 points for passing TD’s unlike 4 points in a traditional TD league.

How much does this scoring system muck with rankings? Here’s my top 10 x-ranked players:

1. Mahomes.
2. Allen
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Herbert
6. Hill
7. Henry
8. Wilson
9. Adams
10. McCaffrey

that is different but sounds like a lot of fun.

Reactions: mouser

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
that is different but sounds like a lot of fun.

I love it, we’ve been running this league with the same rules and most of the same owners for 20+ years. Every few years someone suggests we change to a more standard scoring system, and the rest of the group says no. It’s fun having a very unique scoring system that most fantasy magazines and many online sources won’t help you plan for that well.

I still chuckle over the 2006 Giants where Tiki Barber is a 1st round pick in our league, goes for 2100+ combined yards on 385 touches, but only 5 TD’s.

I took Brandon Jacobs in the 10th round, he got every single goal line carry, finishing with 570 yards on 107 touches and crushing Tiki with 9 TD’s.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

1. Mahomes.
2. Allen
3. Brady
4. Rodgers
5. Herbert
6. Hill
7. Henry
8. Wilson
9. Adams
10. McCaffrey

Draft is done, again this is a 12 team TD Only scoring system where QB’s get 6 for passing TD’s. Five QBs went round 1 and five more in round 2. My top 4 ranked QB’s were all gone by pick #10.

Draft picks:
1-7: QB Brady
2-18: RB Jonathan Taylor
3-31: RB Carson
4-42: RB D Harris
5-55: WR Cupp
6-66: WR Marquez Brown
7- 79: WR Antonio Brown
8-90: RB Henderson
9-103: WR Marquez Callaway
10-114: WR Gabriel Davis
11-127: QB Cousins
12-138: TE Henry
13-151: K Succop
14-162: D New England
15-175: QB Watson
16-186: WR KJ Hamler

Depth chart (starting slots):
QB(1): Brady, Cousins, Watson*
RB(2): Taylor, Carson, D Harris, Henderson
WR(3): Cupp, M Brown, A Brown, Callaway, G Davis, Hamler
TE(1): Henry
K(1): Succop
D(1): New England**

*Will likely dump Watson before the season starts, took a late flier as I didn’t have any better choice.
**Will be streaming D’s. Took NE for the week 1 matchup.

Mostly happy with the team. Brady should be a top 5 QB in this league, good depth at RB and WR. Disappointed with the TE, but never had an opportunity to draft a better one, always had a RB or WR ranked significantly higher—could be an early cut if he doesn’t show good synergy with Mac Jones.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

QB - M.Stafford
RB1 - A.Kamara
RB2 - M.Sanders
WR1 - C.Ridley
WR2 - J.Julio
TE - G.Kittle
FLX1 - OBJ
FLX2 - Devonta Smith
DST - GB Packers

BN - Corey Davis
BN - AJ Dillon
BN - Devante Parker
BN - Tua
BN - Malcolm Brown
BN - L.Murray
BN - R.Cobb

Dude that'ss a great team, especially for a 12man.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
8 man league - Full PPR - Superflex - IDP's - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Superflex, K, 2DL, 3LB, 2DB

Picked 6th - 1st year of a 5 year keeper

QB - Dak, Tannehill, Fields
RB - Kamara, Ekeler, J Robinson, T Sermon
WR - T.Lockett, K.Allen, R.Woods, T.McLaurin, T.Higgins
TE - Andrews
K - Bass

DL - D.Hunter, J.Houston
LB - D.Davis, D.Jones, M.Milano
DB - J.Johnson, T.Walker III

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
8 man league - Full PPR - Superflex - IDP's - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Superflex, K, 2DL, 3LB, 2DB

Picked 6th - 1st year of a 5 year keeper

QB - Dak, Tannehill, Fields
RB - Kamara, Ekeler, J Robinson, T Sermon
WR - T.Lockett, K.Allen, R.Woods, T.McLaurin, T.Higgins
TE - Andrews
K - Bass

DL - D.Hunter, J.Houston
LB - D.Davis, D.Jones, M.Milano
DB - J.Johnson, T.Walker III

great set of RBs and Dak should hopefully come out winging the ball like last season.

Reactions: sabresEH

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
What is everyone's favorite tweaks to league standard format?

Options:
3 WRs
2 TEs
2 QBs
Replace kicker with FLX
Replace DST with FLX
"Big play" scoring 50+, 70+, 90+ yards
IDPs
Superflex

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
12 team full ppr, had the 7th pick. Haven't been paying much attention to the NFL lately so some picks might not be great. 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex.

QB: Tannehill 103, Lance 162
RB: Chubb 7, Gibson 18, Mostert 79, M. Gordon 114
WR: Kupp 42, D. Johnson 55, Higgins 66, Beckham 90, Hardman 138, Ruggs 151
TE: Waller 31
K: Carlson 175
D: Cleveland 127

Receivers are weak unless Beckham of old shows up. Don't even know who D. Johnson from Pitt is and he was my 2nd one taken so hopefully he's decent.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
First draft, had 6th pick, 0.5 PPR, 10 Team. I call this the Boom or Bust Rookie Draft.

QB: Brady, Lance
RB: Chubb, Gibson, Mostert, Sermon
WR: A. Robinson, Godwin, Kupp, Waddle, Mooney
TE: Hockenson, J. Smith
K: Blankenship
D: Browns

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
First draft, had 6th pick, 0.5 PPR, 10 Team. I call this the Boom or Bust Rookie Draft.

QB: Brady, Lance
RB: Chubb, Gibson, Mostert, Sermon
WR: A. Robinson, Godwin, Kupp, Waddle, Mooney
TE: Hockenson, J. Smith
K: Blankenship
D: Browns

You are well rounded. Brady has three excellent targets to throw to plus Jones and now little moustache man to throw to put of the backfield. Chubb and Gibson will have a ton of touches. You have mostert and sermon in case of injury or if he takes the lead. Robinson and hock will see a ton of targets. Waddle will be boom or bust. Plus you have Godwin to start with Brady if you like and Cupp should have a great year with Stafford.

overall I think you have a great well rounded competitive team that can take some injuries as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS7

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Have a draft tonight in a 12 team .5 PPR, picking 1st. Talking McCaffrey #1, but the question is what is the best strategy for my next two picks (which aren’t till 24/25)?

I’m in the same spot but am leaning toward taking Cook and then really considering going Waller or Mahomes at 24 (I know, early for a QB, but I always feel better with a top 2/3 QB)

Not 100% sure yet, though.

Anyone else think Cook is a better play at 1?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I’m in the same spot but am leaning toward taking Cook and then really considering going Waller or Mahomes at 24 (I know, early for a QB, but I always feel better with a top 2/3 QB)

Not 100% sure yet, though.

Anyone else think Cook is a better play at 1?

I don't know if I personally would do Cook over McCaff. I believe McCaffrey is healthy and good to go for this season. He has been fully healthy and available for every game in the three seasons prior to last season. .Cook seems to be a bit more of a frequent mild injury bug and misses games every season so if you go that route make sure you have a bit more rb depth. As for terms of production and gameplay...when they are both healthy I would say they could share that title of #1.

Reactions: DS7 and sarge88

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
10 team. 1 pt PPR

QB-Dak
WR-Hopkins
WR-Moore
WR-Claypool
RB-Kamara
RB-Sanders
TE-Waller
Flex-Gordon
K-Butker
Def-Tampa

Bench:
Gallup
Gronk
Waddle
Jamaal Williams
Michel
Stevenson

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ended up inheriting a team from a friends league as one of the members backed out randomly.

QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Edwards, Swift, Sermon
WR:Hill, Higgins, McLaurin, Anderson, Woods, Gage
TE: Pitts, Engram
K: Zuerlein
D/ST: Steelers

Receiving core is freaking deep but my RB depth scares the shit out of me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad