Gondor
12-Team, Full PPR, Superflex Keeper league (3 players),

QBs: Stafford, Lance, Darnold
RBs: CMC, Cook, Jacobs, Sermon
WR: Kupp, Julio, Chase, Gallup, Mooney, St.Brown
TE: Everett
K: Crosby
DEF: Pats

I'm hoping Lance takes over early in the season and ride him as my Superflex instead of Darnold.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
10-team PPR league, Pick #4

QB: Mahomes KC
RB: Kamara NO
RB: Robinson JAX
WR: Hopkins AZ
WR: Thielen MIN
TE: Fant DEN
Flex: Hunt CLEV
K: Sanders MIA
D: Buffalo

Bench:

QB: Stafford LA
RB: Mostert SF
WR: Beckham Jr CLE
WR: Landry CLE
WR: Smith PHI
==

Draft was two nights ago and I completely winged it without any prep. So hopefully things turn out well.

Not too happy about taking Mahomes in the 3rd round but nothing else appealed to me and I believed Allen would also be gone by next round. In addition the second rated TE was off the board as well.

I also originally drafted Giovani Bernard late. But with the game being tonight, I made the risk of cutting him and grabbing the highest rated WR in waivers in Landry. I'll wait and see with Tampa having so many offensive weapons. I'm always active in waivers anyhow and multiple guys will pop out of nowhere.

Didn't want another QB on the roster either but I've been somewhat burned by injuries past couple years and this league has owners who collect multiple guys and don't release them. So I wanted a legit one and took Stafford over Hurts.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Draft is done, again this is a 12 team TD Only scoring system where QB’s get 6 for passing TD’s. Five QBs went round 1 and five more in round 2. My top 4 ranked QB’s were all gone by pick #10.

Draft picks:
1-7: QB Brady
2-18: RB Jonathan Taylor
3-31: RB Carson
4-42: RB D Harris
5-55: WR Cupp
6-66: WR Marquez Brown
7- 79: WR Antonio Brown
8-90: RB Henderson
9-103: WR Marquez Callaway
10-114: WR Gabriel Davis
11-127: QB Cousins
12-138: TE Henry
13-151: K Succop
14-162: D New England
15-175: QB Watson
16-186: WR KJ Hamler

Depth chart (starting slots):
QB(1): Brady, Cousins, Watson*
RB(2): Taylor, Carson, D Harris, Henderson
WR(3): Cupp, M Brown, A Brown, Callaway, G Davis, Hamler
TE(1): Henry
K(1): Succop
D(1): New England**

*Will likely dump Watson before the season starts, took a late flier as I didn’t have any better choice.
**Will be streaming D’s. Took NE for the week 1 matchup.

Mostly happy with the team. Brady should be a top 5 QB in this league, good depth at RB and WR. Disappointed with the TE, but never had an opportunity to draft a better one, always had a RB or WR ranked significantly higher—could be an early cut if he doesn’t show good synergy with Mac Jones.

Six weeks in and leading my 12 team TD league in scoring by a healthy margin. Draft turned out very well so far.

Depth chart (starting slots): Position rank and # of TD's

QB(1): Brady (#2, 18TD), Cousins (#11, 13TD)
RB(2): Taylor (#6, 5TD), Henderson (#6, 5TD), Harris (#21, 3TD), Carson (#21, 3TD injured)
WR(3): Cupp (#1, 7TD), M Brown (#4, 5TD), A Brown (#9, 4TD), Callaway (#15, 3TD), Patrick (#15, 3TD waiver), Osborn (#32, 2TD waiver), G Davis (#52, 1TD)
TE(1): Henry (#5, 3TD)
K(1): Succop (#12, 45PT)
D(1): streaming

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
First year playing fantasy. I am in a 10 man league. I have Murray, Henry, Jefferson, Fournette, TB Def, M. Brown, Claypool, and Moss (amongst others). Pretty good team, and I started 2-0. Well 6 weeks later, I am still number 1 in the league in points (by about 40+) yet I've lost 6 straight in a row. Everyone has their best game of the year against me. Literally every. single. week. Beyond frustrating. I have people in my league who have been playing fantasy for 7+ years, and they said they've never seen a stat line like mine when compared to my record. f*** fantasy.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
First year playing fantasy. I am in a 10 man league. I have Murray, Henry, Jefferson, Fournette, TB Def, M. Brown, Claypool, and Moss (amongst others). Pretty good team, and I started 2-0. Well 6 weeks later, I am still number 1 in the league in points (by about 40+) yet I've lost 6 straight in a row. Everyone has their best game of the year against me. Literally every. single. week. Beyond frustrating. I have people in my league who have been playing fantasy for 7+ years, and they said they've never seen a stat line like mine when compared to my record. f*** fantasy.
I feel the pain! I have a 12 man league where i am, like you, first in points, but yet, I am still only 3-5. Only 4 teams in the playoffs, so even if I win all the remaining games, I will maybe be eliminated. It's frustrating, because that team, with a little bit more luck, would probably be competitive in a 10 teams league...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
haha this is why I play in multiple leagues, sometimes the bad luck is insane, but more leagues gives you a chance to get good luck too.

I'm in one league where I am 6-2 and 2nd in the league despite having the 6th most points for. Just getting lucky.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This is the best and worst part of fantasy football. Sometimes you hit every opponent on their down weeks, and sometimes every opponent hits your on their up weeks.

Couple seasons ago I was undefeated in the regular season. 1st round bye week I would have lost to any playoff team. 2nd round I lost to a guy who barely squeaked into the playoffs. 3rd round I lost to the guy everyone thought would win the league. Ended up 4th with zero prize money.

Sometimes the fantasy gods just smite you down for some reason.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
This is the best and worst part of fantasy football. Sometimes you hit every opponent on their down weeks, and sometimes every opponent hits your on their up weeks.

Couple seasons ago I was undefeated in the regular season. 1st round bye week I would have lost to any playoff team. 2nd round I lost to a guy who barely squeaked into the playoffs. 3rd round I lost to the guy everyone thought would win the league. Ended up 4th with zero prize money.

Sometimes the fantasy gods just smite you down for some reason.
Just incredibly frustating, especially with the "projections". Twice now I've been 75 or 79% to win going into Monday, and ended up losing. Hell, one of those games I was 70-30 to win with just the 4th quarter left and still lost. I am almost at the point where I want to drop every player and just quit.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Just incredibly frustating, especially with the "projections". Twice now I've been 75 or 79% to win going into Monday, and ended up losing. Hell, one of those games I was 70-30 to win with just the 4th quarter left and still lost. I am almost at the point where I want to drop every player and just quit.
I try as hard as I can to block out the "projections" usually they're pretty misleading. I was the same way in my first year, I was getting smashed all the time and didn't feel like I could do anything.

Idk how much research you did for the team, but I recommend finding some good Fantasy football advice outlets (I suggest Fantasy Headliners on Youtube), and trying to figure out a particular strategy that you're going to utilize. Keeping up with information throughout the week can help you make the right line-up decisions and waiver selections.

Sometimes you're still going to get crunched no matter what, but the guidance of proven successful fantasy outlets can help put you in the best position possible.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I try as hard as I can to block out the "projections" usually they're pretty misleading. I was the same way in my first year, I was getting smashed all the time and didn't feel like I could do anything.

Idk how much research you did for the team, but I recommend finding some good Fantasy football advice outlets (I suggest Fantasy Headliners on Youtube), and trying to figure out a particular strategy that you're going to utilize. Keeping up with information throughout the week can help you make the right line-up decisions and waiver selections.

Sometimes you're still going to get crunched no matter what, but the guidance of proven successful fantasy outlets can help put you in the best position possible.
Thanks, I listen to theScore's fantasy podcast occasionally. Just feel like a joke every week listening to all this stuff, optimizing my roster, watching my team put up mad points (minus last week - first week I legit got crushed), and watching the other guy's team go step for step with my until Monday where they pull away.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Thanks, I listen to theScore's fantasy podcast occasionally. Just feel like a joke every week listening to all this stuff, optimizing my roster, watching my team put up mad points (minus last week - first week I legit got crushed), and watching the other guy's team go step for step with my until Monday where they pull away.
Yeah, we can plan as much as we can, but sometimes the Fantasy Gods just aren't in our favor. It's unfortunate it's going this way for you in your first season, but try to keep your head up. I almost quit after my first season, but I stuck it out and had a lot of success in the following seasons.

Reactions: novisor

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Draft is done, again this is a 12 team TD Only scoring system where QB’s get 6 for passing TD’s. Five QBs went round 1 and five more in round 2. My top 4 ranked QB’s were all gone by pick #10.

Draft picks:
1-7: QB Brady
2-18: RB Jonathan Taylor
3-31: RB Carson
4-42: RB D Harris
5-55: WR Cupp
6-66: WR Marquez Brown
7- 79: WR Antonio Brown
8-90: RB Henderson
9-103: WR Marquez Callaway
10-114: WR Gabriel Davis
11-127: QB Cousins
12-138: TE Henry
13-151: K Succop
14-162: D New England
15-175: QB Watson
16-186: WR KJ Hamler

Depth chart (starting slots):
QB(1): Brady, Cousins, Watson*
RB(2): Taylor, Carson, D Harris, Henderson
WR(3): Cupp, M Brown, A Brown, Callaway, G Davis, Hamler
TE(1): Henry
K(1): Succop
D(1): New England**

*Will likely dump Watson before the season starts, took a late flier as I didn’t have any better choice.
**Will be streaming D’s. Took NE for the week 1 matchup.

Mostly happy with the team. Brady should be a top 5 QB in this league, good depth at RB and WR. Disappointed with the TE, but never had an opportunity to draft a better one, always had a RB or WR ranked significantly higher—could be an early cut if he doesn’t show good synergy with Mac Jones.

Update after week 11: smashed this draft out of the park. Hopefully my guys stay healthy and Antonio Brown returns for the playoffs. We do 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. No flex.

Twelve team TD league, currently at a 9-2 record. Have a 2 game lead over the only team that can catch me for best record (our biggest payout). Have a 23% scoring lead over the next best team in the league (another payout). Top scoring team in 6 out of 11 weeks so far.

Currently have the #1 scoring QB, RB, WR and TE in my league—Brady, Taylor, Cupp and Henry. Plus a few other top 10 RB and WR’s in Henderson, Harris, M Brown and Callaway.

I’m sorry I doubted you Hunter Henry. I looked for someone else to cut you for after weeks 2 and 3 without success. Been a red zone monster after a slow injury plagued start to the season.

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I present to you "Team IR"

A.Kamara - missed 4 games
C.Ridley - played 5 games and left football
C.Carson - played 4 games to IR
G.Kittle - missed 3 games
R.Woods - played 9 games to IR
T.Higgins - missed 2 games
R.Wilson - missed 3 games
C.Edmonds - missed 3 games
J.Smith-Schuster - played 5 games to IR
J.Williams - missed 2 games
T.Brady
M. Callaway
M. Jones Jr.
T.Pollard
H.Ruggs - played 7 games to JAIL
T.Bass
KC D

I trotted out Tee Higgins, Curtis Samuel and Jajuan Jennings as my WR's this past week...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad