WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
looks like these stats Player Statistics have been updated.

Anyone else worried about Byfield.. Is that possible 1 goal 0 assists through the 4 games. He should be producing more than that. I think we are too deep to give him a spot and hope it all falls into place. I am not a Byfield basher. Good thing we get 14 forwards

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
Ya, we're all kinda disappointed they couldn't even just have one stationary camera set up or something
Someones gotta invent an unmanned puck recognition tracking camera. Its easy.

You just put a gps micro chip in the puck. Problem solved.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Anyone else worried about Byfield.. Is that possible 1 goal 0 assists through the 4 games. He should be producing more than that. I think we are too deep to give him a spot and hope it all falls into place. I am not a Byfield basher. Good thing we get 14 forwards

Dont think those stats are right, unless all the reports from yesterday were actually wrong.

That site shows Newhook being at 0 points but he scored a goal yesterday. Barron should also be at 3 Goals and 5 points now, though it looks like tonights game isn't added in yet so his stats might still be right.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah it looks like he has already been demoted and then lays another goose egg in the final game.

There have been players who have played much better then him and produced.

Oct 18, 2011
Why is Drysdale playing with Byram? is he going to essentially be Byram's babysitter? don't mean that as shade towards Byram

Oct 18, 2011

these guys have barely played hockey in many months, i wouldn't look much into stats here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah it looks like he has already been demoted and then lays another goose egg in the final game.

There have been players who have played much better then him and produced.

I checked it earlier it was messed up then I thought they have updated McMichael's points , and they include tonight.. so I guess they are just unreliable... some probably right and some probably wrong

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
these guys have barely played hockey in many months, i wouldn't look much into stats here

Its a short tournament. the guys that are going are the guys that your going to need to rely on.. most of them are in the same boat that way. I think a forward you are relying on to produce , needs to produce.

We got to see 2 games /4 so he could have played great and just had no puck luck I suppose.
The 1st 2 games were not great though.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dont think those stats are right, unless all the reports from yesterday were actually wrong.

That site shows Newhook being at 0 points but he scored a goal yesterday. Barron should also be at 3 Goals and 5 points now, though it looks like tonights game isn't added in yet so his stats might still be right.

Yeah the point totals are wonky and not accurate. They have Jarvis with 2 goals and 2 assists but going through the game sheets he has 1G and 1A. A number of other players are also wrong and some are right. Definitely not using them. Maybe I will post a manual tally from the game sheets.

username6799

Apr 4, 2020
Yeah the point totals are wonky and not accurate. They have Jarvis with 2 goals and 2 assists but going through the game sheets he has 1G and 1A. A number of other players are also wrong and some are right. Definitely not using them. Maybe I will post a manual tally from the game sheets.

Wouldn't worry too much about stats. Only time stats are really going to matter in a short camp like this is if a bubble player drastically over or under produces.

For example, Byfield drastically underperformed stats-wise... will he get cut? Highly doubt it.

Clarke, Tomasino, Goncalves, Zary, and Suzuki are all listed in the top 10 in scoring.... will they all make it? Also highly doubt it.

Getting on the scoresheet definitely helps, but don't be surprised tomorrow when kids with 1 or 2 points make it over a kid with 4+.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

I don't know whats going on with the stats there but multiple players have more than 5 games played and I don't think Clarke had 8 points in these games.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ok here are the stats that I got manually tallied from the game sheets:

Dach 3g 4a 7p
Tomasino 2g 4a 6p
Cozens 1g 4a 5p
Zary 2g 3a 5p
Clarke 1g 4a 5p
McMichael 2g 2a 4p
Perfetti 0g 4a 4p
Barron 3g 1a 4p
Suzuki 1g 3a 4p
Rees 3g 0a 3p
Gonclaves 1g 2a 3p
Pelltier 1g 2a 3p
Byram 1g 2a 3p
Quinn 2g 1a 3p
Sebrango 0g 3a 3p
Jarvis 1g 1a 2p
Holloway 1g 1a 2p
Korczak 0g 2a 2p
Schneider 0g 1a 1p
Spence 0g 1a 1p
Byfield 0g 1a 1p
Mercer 0g 1a 1p
Krebs 1g 0a 1p
Poulin 1g 0a 1p
Harley 0g 1a 1p
Guhle 0g 1a 1p
Bourque 0g 1a 1p
Newhook 1g 0a 1p

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn't worry too much about stats. Only time stats are really going to matter in a short camp like this is if a bubble player drastically over or under produces.

For example, Byfield drastically underperformed stats-wise... will he get cut? Highly doubt it.

Clarke, Tomasino, Goncalves, Zary, and Suzuki are all listed in the top 10 in scoring.... will they all make it? Also highly doubt it.

Getting on the scoresheet definitely helps, but don't be surprised tomorrow when kids with 1 or 2 points make it over a kid with 4+.

The difference is that most players expected to produce points in this camp did. Byfield and Krebs really underperformed from that perspective.

I hope Byfield ups his game but he hasn't had a strong showing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The difference is that most players expected to produce points in this camp did. Byfield and Krebs really underperformed from that perspective.

I hope Byfield ups his game but he hasn't had a strong showing.
I don't understand why they'd bring Byfield at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad