WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
I find it interesting that the brass at Team Canada are higher on players like Pelletier, Zary, and Rees than Jarvis. Considering none have played league-wise since the draft, it's interesting Jarvis is so low on the depth charts for them, I can definitely see him getting cut before the tournament starts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I find it interesting that the brass at Team Canada are higher on players like Pelletier, Zary, and Rees than Jarvis. Considering none have played league-wise since the draft, it's interesting Jarvis is so low on the depth charts for them, I can definitely see him getting cut before the tournament starts.
Its not like those guys are chumps though .. If Jarvis clearly outplayed any one of them .. I'm sure he'd be there.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Totally agree, perhaps I just figured a player drafted a high as Jarvis was would stand out more, similar to how much Schneider and Guhle (picked after Jarvis) have stood out on D.

Jarvis is 18, the other guys except Guhle are 19 which can make up for a small difference in draft range. I believe Rees is the lowest as a mid 2nd rounder. Jarvis should be one of the go to guys next year, likely playing a higher role then than any of Zary, Rees, Pelletier, Guhle, or Schneider will this year.

Plus the depth on D is not as strong as the depth up front where basically everyone with a chance at making it except Rees is a 1st rounder.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jarvis is 18, the other guys except Guhle are 19 which can make up for a small difference in draft range. I believe Rees is the lowest as a mid 2nd rounder. Jarvis should be one of the go to guys next year, likely playing a higher role then than any of Zary, Rees, Pelletier, Guhle, or Schneider will this year.

Plus the depth on D is not as strong as the depth up front where basically everyone with a chance at making it except Rees is a 1st rounder.
I thought Rees could have made it last year .. He was great in the U18 WJC.

I agree I think there is a separation between Guhle and Schneider over Cormier, Barron, O'Rourke, Spence .. so placing them above the other is easier
Guys like Zary and Pelletier are versatile .. play them anywhere, checking roles, pks, and as a compliment with other offensive guys. Rees would be a guy that Jarvis would have to beat out and Rees has such a good motor its not easy to do; plus he has produced.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jarvis this year feels very similar to Newhook last year. I wanted them to find him a spot but in the end they couldn't. This year is that much deeper too so it's no real slight on Jarvis if he doesn't make it. Like Newhook should play a bigger role this year I expect Jarvis to do the same next. Still holding out hope they can find a spot for him, though I don't see one unfortunately. He'd be my last cut.

username6799

Apr 4, 2020
Red up 3 nothing after 2 periods:

McMichael from Barron
Krebs on the PP from Harley and Perfetti

Seems like the McMichael, Perfetti and Krebs line having a productive game to date.

The overall consensus heading into this game was White as the 'stacked' team... I know it's just 2 periods, but considering the lead and shot totals, I think it shows that Canada needs a lot more than just the high-octane offense guys on team red and more of the possession/playmaking players like Krebs, Perfetti, Jarvis, and Rees ...

obviously, the game could be a completely different story, maybe red's dominating just not getting shots. Who knows. Fun to play the guessing game though.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The overall consensus heading into this game was a lot of people having White as the 'stacked' team... I know it's just 2 periods, but considering the lead and shot totals, I think it shows that Canada needs a lot more than just the high-octane offense guys on team red and more of the possession/playmaking players like Krebs, Perfetti, Jarvis, and Rees ...

obviously, the game could be a completely different story, maybe red's dominating just not getting shots. Who knows. Fun to play the guessing game though.

It was really only the Byfield line that wasn't doing anything for Red.

Perfetti's line was always strong and produced as was the one with Suzuki. Creating a dominant top line with Krebs, McMichael and Perfetti i think really evens the paying field.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I wonder if anyone had him making Team Canada... :teach2:

Pronman did too. I tried tagging you in a post earlier that I couldnt get to work

I thought Sebrango had a shot after the 1st 2 games.
Clarke is having a good camp points wise as well. Doing his best to make it hard to cut him

Not really gonna be surprised either way if he makes it or gets cut but it sounds like hes had a really good camp. Hes also quietly got the second most points by a dman behind Byram in the scrimmages.

I think final 2 D spots will go to 2 of Korczak, O'Rourke and Sebrango. Since they all bring something similar I would rather see the younger guys get it so they can bring more experience for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA