WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think that it matters whether Quinn played well or was just adequate. At this point this team has played solid enough opposition and succeeded to the point that there isn't much to critique. Levi couldn't have done much more to this point. He's played some tough teams and not given up any goals that he shouldn't have (and hardly any at all). The defence has been very impressive, from the system to the play of the individuals. Very good one on one defensively, efficient puck movement up the ice. I didn't like putting Byram and Drysdale together but it's worked and the other pairings haven't suffered given Canada's ridiculous even strength dominance so I'm glad to have been wrong. The forwards generally move well and put good pressure on the other team all over the ice. Cozens is getting close to the Canadian record for points in a WJC tournament and the way he's playing isn't even something that can be stopped since he gets his points through winning battles and skating. These are some of the best "grinders" Canada has had at this tournament. Credit to the team thus far.

And all that said, it won't mean much without finishing the job tomorrow. I favour Canada against either team but it could still be a difficult game. Still much work left to be done.

That’s interesting. I didn’t remember the so-so Czech game. I do remember giving up three to Slovakia, but it was still a solid thrashing.

Eh Schwarz got a lot of credit for keeping Canada to only 3 goals in that game. I think that Canada outshot that solid Czech team by 30ish.

What are people's thoughts on Pelletier? He seems to be putting together a quietly impressive tournament so far, continuing to move up the lineup.

He looks good every game. Great compete and a smart player.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Peyton Krebbs isn't the only one to drop the F bomb on TV at the World Juniors. He has company with Jonathan Toews from the 2007 World Juniors during the post gold medal game interview. Toews' face at the :12 of the interview was priceless after he realized that he swore on national TV...lol

Reactions: 780il

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
What are people's thoughts on Pelletier? He seems to be putting together a quietly impressive tournament so far, continuing to move up the lineup.

Already penciling him in on our third line haha.

Came in more pumped about Zary but clearly Pelletier is further along.

WildWillie

Jan 9, 2019
Already penciling him in on our third line haha.

Came in more pumped about Zary but clearly Pelletier is further along.

I knew Pelletier would really impress people in this tourney. He honestly could have been on last years team ahead of other Q guys like Lavoie or Mercer.

He's one of those guys you have to watch in high volume to really appreciate what he brings. He is everything you want in a hockey player. If he can somehow improve his skating a little bit, he could be a great NHLer.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I like our chances 5 on 5 but any special teams battle will put us at a disadvantage IMO.

Interesting if the Finns knock them off, but I predict a US rout.
I agree with this. USA’s PP is deadly whereas ours is anemic.

That said, the Americans struggled mightily with a Finnish team that we walked over. We dismantled Russia like nothing and they beat the Americans. If we play our game, it’s a Canadian route. I’m confident in that.

Reactions: MessierII

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If this game is mostly played at 5v5 I feel like Canada should win it. The American PP looks deadly and is probably their best chance of winning it.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I feel good about Team Canada winning this

Same. USA can be very dangerous but I think Canada will feast on that bottom 6 and defensive pairings of the states. Not super confident but I would say its been the most confident I've been in Canada winning gold in a long time.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Canada has way too much depth and I think they likely overwhelm the Americans. The Americans have been relying hard on two lines while Canada has been rolling 4 consistently and walking over opponents.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Both teams are good teams and I like them both but have to say there is an edge to Canada but anything can happen in one game.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
We certainly have our work cut out for us tomorrow. This US team is a formidable and experienced unit. It will be a hell of a duel for sure.

Reactions: d rake

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
We certainly have our work cut out for us tomorrow. This US team is a formidable and experienced unit. It will be a hell of a duel for sure.
If they give up even half the ice they gave the Finns we will light them up. They do have the ability to find the net on short notice though. They have some snipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad