Speculation: 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That ship has sailed. We're tanking. Just join me in a group UGH for a couple more years. If this doesn't work, I'm done with hockey.

They are tanking next year. Have you been paying attention? We're not getting any decent hockey to watch, at least from our Yotes for at least another 18 months.
Pretty sad isn't it. To be honest, I have not missed watching this team. Sure I will pop in and watch here and there, but I don't think I have watched a complete game this year. Maybe a year off and getting lucky in the draft might get the juices flowing again.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Shane Wright needs to be in the NHL next year. The others can go back.

I'd have to agree. The difference between a center and a winger is how much the center can learn on the third line but with special team play. I feel the winger need top six minutes.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The below assumes 3 things:

1. A Chychrun for Lundell deal
2. We win Shane Wright
3. We take on cap guys like Lucic, Barrie, Mrazek to fill out the roster and add picks

Keller - Lundell - Schmaltz
Crouse - Wright - Perron (UFA)
Maccelli - Hayton - Ritchie
Lucic - Jenik - O'Brien
Ladd

Gostisbehere - Barrie
Moser - Soderstrom
Capobianco - Mayo
Kolyachonok

Vejmelka
Mrazek

Thoughts?

I am not sure if this reaches the floor but I think it's a good next step. First D pairing would be a nightmare in its own zone and I doubt Soderstrom is ready for top-four minutes. Should be enough dollars to go UFA shopping or add another cap dump to the back end. Maybe even sign Yandle to play bottom pair and retire a Coyote.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That's fine. I'm not nearly as devoted to sports as I once was. Family and health are now first in my life. Priorities change as we get older and wiser.;)
Well, I certainly hope your recent blood pressure comments aren't coming from a place of ill health. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, my friend.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The below assumes 3 things:

1. A Chychrun for Lundell deal
2. We win Shane Wright
3. We take on cap guys like Lucic, Barrie, Mrazek to fill out the roster and add picks

Keller - Lundell - Schmaltz
Crouse - Wright - Perron (UFA)
Maccelli - Hayton - Ritchie
Lucic - Jenik - O'Brien
Ladd

Gostisbehere - Barrie
Moser - Soderstrom
Capobianco - Mayo
Kolyachonok

Vejmelka
Mrazek

Thoughts?

I am not sure if this reaches the floor but I think it's a good next step. First D pairing would be a nightmare in its own zone and I doubt Soderstrom is ready for top-four minutes. Should be enough dollars to go UFA shopping or add another cap dump to the back end. Maybe even sign Yandle to play bottom pair and retire a Coyote.
#1 just ain’t happening.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Nice little update on Chychrun from Seravalli via Daily Faceoff. Seems Armstrong doesn’t want to trade him, and doesn’t need to, but will if someone is willing to overpay. Maybe that Lundell + Knight asking price isn’t as crazy as everyone thought…just wasn’t happening from Florida’s side.
Scoop: It’s been rather quiet on the Chychrun front in the last week or so. His name has been out there for a while since first percolating in December. There was no shortage of interest in Chychrun, with so many teams reaching out that two assumptions could be made: either no one was ready and willing to pay the Coyotes’ price, or Arizona isn’t really that keen on trading Chychrun. The latter would make more sense. He was GM Bill Armstrong’s only ‘untouchable’ last season, coming off an 18-goal campaign as a defenseman in a shortened season. If Chychrun is gone, especially for more futures, it becomes difficult to imagine what Arizona would have to build around in future years. That’s also why the reported ask from Arizona has also been high.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, I certainly hope your recent blood pressure comments aren't coming from a place of ill health. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, my friend.
My high blood pressure comments were in jest, thankfully. Priorities change during ones life, and I don't feel that sports is a priority for me any longer. Like I said, maybe I need some time off from caring for this franchise. There is just no excitement with this team, for me anyway. Maybe a top three pick this year and the #1 next year might do it.;) Maybe I was kind of spoiled living in Edmonton with the Oilers winning all those cups, and now knowing how many years we are away from even smelling the SC. It is what it is. Oh, and also, my health is fine, as far as I know, but thanks for asking.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nice little update on Chychrun from Seravalli via Daily Faceoff. Seems Armstrong doesn’t want to trade him, and doesn’t need to, but will if someone is willing to overpay. Maybe that Lundell + Knight asking price isn’t as crazy as everyone thought…just wasn’t happening from Florida’s side.
I'm fine with this, and it makes perfect sense. Most have said Chych is someone you build around. Maybe now we can stop all these crazy trade speculations.

Reactions: RemoAZ

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
This contradicts what Friedman said in 32 thoughts earlier that he believes the coyotes actively want to move him. I guess maybe the truth is in between

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Pretty sad isn't it. To be honest, I have not missed watching this team. Sure I will pop in and watch here and there, but I don't think I have watched a complete game this year. Maybe a year off and getting lucky in the draft might get the juices flowing again.

Do you miss watching the team that was the prior 5 years? Certainly, I miss the additional wins, but even the games they won were boring. The only enjoyment I usually had was enjoying the other teams fans complaining about how badly their team was playing instead of complimenting (or complaining about) the stifling defensive brand of hockey played by the Coyotes we've seen with DT & RT coaching.

It's worth tuning in now just to watch Keller impersonate Patrick Kane.

Oh well, as long as 2 years from now we're ALL enjoying Coyotes hockey regardless of our current opinions.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chychrun + Coyotes 2022 2nd Rd for Lundell?
Florida isn’t trying to collect picks, they’re trying to collect cups. I would guess they think Lundell gets them closer to a cup than does Chcyhrun. I don’t think a pick is of any consequence.

I think, if anything, a player would have to go the other way. Schmaltz doesn’t work from a cash standpoint. Larsson is only half the equation. I don’t think Boyd moves the needle. Hayton just isn’t proven enough.

Maybe Chychrun (50%), Boyd/Larsson and Hayton for Vatrano, Lundell, Ludvig/Nause, and a 2023 1st?

BA gets his young roster player (Lundell), his prospect (Ludvig/Nause) and his 1st rounder for Chychrun.

Meanwhile, Zito brings in the home town kid in Chychrun, at a price that gives him MASSIVE flexibility and he gets a replacement center (Boyd/Larsson) that can somewhat make up for what they lose in Lundell this season, and a center that can (hopefully) somewhat (a little) make up for what they lose in Lundell for the next couple of seasons after (Hayton).

GermanCoyotes96

Feb 21, 2022
Germany
Hello, everyone! I've been a fan of the Yotes since they moved to the valley, watch all the games and have been reading along here for a very long time.
Now I've managed to register to discuss the Coyotes with you.
Finally the rebuild is coming and as painful as it is, we have to go through this hell again next year and end up deep in the table and draft well.
Therefore Guenther (after 9 games) and also - if we win him - Wright (9 games) have to go back to the Juniors! All other prospects are not eligible for the NHL.

To do that, the guys from Tucson need to take the next step and gain experience in the NHL. From the current team I would keep the following players whose contract is expiring:

J. Beagle (36) - adjusted contract
A. Stralman (35) - adjusted contract
S Wedgewood (29)
K.Vejmelka (25)

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli - ??? - Crouse
Ritchie - Jenik - ???
??? - Pederson - Fischer

Chychrun-Mayo
Gostisbehere-Moser
Stralman-Soderstrom

Vejmelka-Wedgewood

Extras: Prosvetov, Dineen, Kolyachonok, Emberson, McCartney

The ??? could be filled with pieces from the Trade Deadline, bad contracs, a European, or UFAs. I would pull Pederson from the waiver tomorrow. :naughty:
Since the team consists of young talents, I could live with every defeat, forgive every mistake and celebrate every win hard.

Reactions: Grimes

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hello, everyone! I've been a fan of the Yotes since they moved to the valley, watch all the games and have been reading along here for a very long time.
Now I've managed to register to discuss the Coyotes with you.
Finally the rebuild is coming and as painful as it is, we have to go through this hell again next year and end up deep in the table and draft well.
Therefore Guenther (after 9 games) and also - if we win him - Wright (9 games) have to go back to the Juniors! All other prospects are not eligible for the NHL.

To do that, the guys from Tucson need to take the next step and gain experience in the NHL. From the current team I would keep the following players whose contract is expiring:

J. Beagle (36) - adjusted contract
A. Stralman (35) - adjusted contract
S Wedgewood (29)
K.Vejmelka (25)

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli - ??? - Crouse
Ritchie - Jenik - ???
??? - Pederson - Fischer

Chychrun-Mayo
Gostisbehere-Moser
Stralman-Soderstrom

Vejmelka-Wedgewood

Extras: Prosvetov, Dineen, Kolyachonok, Emberson, McCartney

The ??? could be filled with pieces from the Trade Deadline, bad contracs, a European, or UFAs. I would pull Pederson from the waiver tomorrow. :naughty:
Since the team consists of young talents, I could live with every defeat, forgive every mistake and celebrate every win hard.
Dont forger Liam O'f***in Brien sire. Is he like the heaviest and most toughest player in the NHL right now? He hit 9 times yesterday.... in 11 minutes ice time. He finna bang that thang up this week again, tomorrow vs LA and lemieux etc, the jets coming in etc. O'Brien will be ready no? Like now that Ladd etc are also injured.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I still think we're going to be in on helping Vegas with their cap situation. I just don't know if Dadonov wants to play for the Yotes, particularly with Bush gone and no other Russian on the club? But I could see us helping wash cap for some assets:

Vegas: Dadonov ($5M) + Patrick/Howden for Boyd

Washington: Hagelin ($2.75M) + Schultz ($4M) + 2nd (any year) for Dadonov + Mayo

Vegas gets rid of Dadonov's cap for a pretty low cost and get Boyd who can help them now.

Washington upgrade both Hagelin and Schultz, extending their window a little bit for the cost of a 2nd. Dadonov probably doesn't have Washington on his NTC list.

Out: Boyd + Mayo

In: 2nd + Patrick/Howden + Hagelin@$2.75M cap / $1.8M cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad