Speculation: 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Imagining a goofy one here:

Crouse+PHI 2nd for Katchouk+Thompson+TBL 1st.

Chychrun+NYI 2nd for Mahura+McTavish+ANA 1st.

Effectively upgrading the Ladd and Gostisbehere “there is no return in the trade” dump picks from 2nds to 1sts. Leaving us with FIVE 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks.

On the roster Katchouk replaces Crouse and Mahura replaces Chychrun. We get a new top prospect at RD and a new top prospect at C.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

May 13, 2004
One of the solid ducks posters just offered McTavish, Comtois and Mahura. I’d do that I think.

Then do Crouse to Boston for DeBrusk and Swayman?

Then Kessel (50%) for futures.

Chychrun -> Mahura
Crouse -> Comtois
Kessel -> DeBrusk

Get McTavish, Swayman and a couple of 2nds for the trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Travis Boyd, 16 points in 25 games, 0.64 points per game, 15:23 TOI, $750k

Conor Garland, 23 points in 34 games, 0.68 points per game, 16:31 TOI, $4.95M

Not saying Boyd is better than Garland, just a funny comparison.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Imagining a goofy one here:

Crouse+PHI 2nd for Katchouk+Thompson+TBL 1st.

Chychrun+NYI 2nd for Mahura+McTavish+ANA 1st.

Effectively upgrading the Ladd and Gostisbehere “there is no return in the trade” dump picks from 2nds to 1sts. Leaving us with FIVE 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks.

On the roster Katchouk replaces Crouse and Mahura replaces Chychrun. We get a new top prospect at RD and a new top prospect at C.
Ducks' aren't trading their first round pick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd do your deal. McTavish+Comtois+Mahura for Chychrun. I think it makes a lot of sense for both teams.
There has to be another asset on AZ end but not a huge one.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd add to Chychrun in order to get McTavish if needed.

Don't tell Jeff Solomon.
That's a little nuts. Haha. Chychrun is a start defenseman. McTavish is a great prospect but he's totally unproven. There's a VERY good chance McTavish NEVER has a season as good as the last one Chychrun had.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That's a little nuts. Haha. Chychrun is a start defenseman. McTavish is a great prospect but he's totally unproven. There's a VERY good chance McTavish NEVER has a season as good as the last one Chychrun had.
Nuts indeed. I've always wanted a big talented C for the Coyotes. It's a fixation. If we use a 1 OA draft pick on Geekie, I'll be the only Yotes fan with a smile on my face. I think the longer we go without satisfying this fixation of mine, the nuttier I'll get.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Nuts indeed. I've always wanted a big talented C for the Coyotes. It's a fixation. If we use a 1 OA draft pick on Geekie, I'll be the only Yotes fan with a smile on my face. I think the longer we go without satisfying this fixation of mine, the nuttier I'll get.

What if we get Cutter Gauthier in the late 1st, will that satisfy you?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
One of the solid ducks posters just offered McTavish, Comtois and Mahura. I’d do that I think.

Then do Crouse to Boston for DeBrusk and Swayman?

Then Kessel (50%) for futures.

Chychrun -> Mahura
Crouse -> Comtois
Kessel -> DeBrusk

Get McTavish, Swayman and a couple of 2nds for the trouble.
That is a nice offer and I have no idea who Mahura is.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
If Crouse goes to Tampa, one of the pieces Id like coming back is Cal Foote. Think there's more offensive potential than he's been given the chance to show too.

rt

May 13, 2004
If Crouse goes to Tampa, one of the pieces Id like coming back is Cal Foote. Think there's more offensive potential than he's been given the chance to show too.
I like Jack Thompson better, personally. But I think BA will defer to Plandowski. Remember that Tourigny and Benoit Groulx are also net friends.

Will be interesting if BA deals Chychrun to STL and then Crouse to Plandowski’s Lightning or JMJR’s Bruins.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I feel we need NHL ready or at least near NHL ready prospects in both of these deals, Thompson I feel like is still at least 2 years away

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Jack Thompson but he's not a big dude at all. May not be a BA type.
You’ve probably met him. But I have to ask when. He looks taller than his listed 6’1 in the Sudbury games I’ve watched. Like in the goal celebrations he’s usually taller than everyone but Musty. Definitely a bean-pole, though.

rt

May 13, 2004
I feel we need NHL ready or at least near NHL ready prospects in both of these deals, Thompson I feel like is still at least 2 years away
Why? Why NHL ready?
The Yotes are in a unique spot because how bad John Chayka was our pipeline is about to be completely dry outside of the state of Arizona.

Next season...
1. Guenther (Glendale probably)
2. Hayton (Glendale)
3. Soderstrom (Glendale)
4. Timmins (Glendale)
5. Maccelli (Glendale/Tucson)
6. Jenik (Glendale/Tucson)
7. Prosvetov (Glendale/Tucson)
8. Doan (Tempe)
9. Moser (Glendale/Tucson)
10. McCartney (Glendale/Tucson)
11. Fedotov (RUSSIA)
12. Capobianco (Glendale)
13. Kolyachonok (Tucson)
13. Faranacci (Tucson probably)
14. Emberson (Tucson)
15. Kirk (Tucson)
16. Landry (Tucson probably)

That’s 15/16 of our current top prospects that are right in our own backyard for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad