Speculation: 2021-22 Coyotes Roster Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Could and should are two different things. We need to tank and part of that is holding Guenther off the main roster
So you are suggesting to waste a year of his development to put another year of losing for the benefit of a higher 1st? I don't think that is why they hired Tourigny.

Reactions: YotesFan47

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So you are suggesting to waste a year of his development to put another year of losing for the benefit of a higher 1st? I don't think that is why they hired Tourigny.
Waste? He played 24 games last year. Let him marinate in junior. I’d love for him to go to AHL but not allowed.

Reactions: moosemeister

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Could and should are two different things. We need to tank and part of that is holding Guenther off the main roster
I don't see it. BA and team will play any prospect that has shown they are ready. If the room is Wright, nothing wrong with them being up here. They will learn and grow and the losing will mean little beyond not liking it. It's absolutely no secret what we're doing here, kids drafted by us know exactly what's going on. If they make the team, they expect a poor record, the difference will be never giving up.

Reactions: Nowotny

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't see it. BA and team will play any prospect that has shown they are ready. If the room is Wright, nothing wrong with them being up here. They will learn and grow and the losing will mean little beyond not liking it. It's absolutely no secret what we're doing here, kids drafted by us know exactly what's going on. If they make the team, they expect a poor record, the difference will be never giving up.
Give him 9. No issues with a taste. The 3 players i mention are franchise changers.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Give him 9. No issues with a taste. The 3 players i mention are franchise changers.

Absolutely. If a rookie is playing next year, they’re playing in Tucson right now.
Any kid who needs to go back to juniors or college absolutely has to go there next year. If they’re not playing pro right now, they need to stay far away.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If you’ve watched those 3 players play then you understand why i am adamant on this.
Oh I get what they are doing. I wanted them to do this 15 years ago. Problem is I've never had much patience and being without my favorite form of entertainment sucks. Even after they move and I won't be able to attend games, I'll still watch at home and at Westgate's bars/restaurants. I just can't watch the tankastrophy. I'm getting used to it now but every time I hear how much longer it's going to be before we're at least trying to win I think:
iu

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Oh I get what they are doing. I wanted them to do this 15 years ago. Problem is I've never had much patience and being without my favorite form of entertainment sucks. Even after they move and I won't be able to attend games, I'll still watch at home and at Westgate's bars/restaurants. I just can't watch the tankastrophy. I'm getting used to it now but every time I hear how much longer it's going to be before we're at least trying to win I think:
iu
Well it looks like we may try to beat the shit out of the other teams next year physically. Old time hockey.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We are trying to change the culture here, and tanking sure in hell does not do that.
I see significant differences in work ethic with this team than i did the Oilers lottery assisted rebuilds. It has been showing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Watch the games Jakey. Decide for yourself if the guys i mention are franchise or star players. I will be attendance at Bedards game tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to run into the Kings scout again.

Just talk a ton of shit about the Coyotes, get him to open up, and ask him what they're trading for Chychrun. haha

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We are trying to change the culture here, and tanking sure in hell does not do that.
There might be what, 2 or 3 players from this team on the team in 2 years? That's when you worry about culture. You can put a system in place and teach it at all levels of the organization. You can have rules and discipline but chemistry and culture need some semblance of a nucleus to start with. There's nothing like that on this roster. They burned the it to the ground. Only thing to worry about right now is draft position. Hell, they aren't even worried about retaining probably the best player in the system and he's only 23. They're worried about culture about as much as they're worried about attendance right now.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just talk a ton of shit about the Coyotes, get him to open up, and ask him what they're trading for Chychrun. haha
I picked his brain on several Kings prospects the last time we chatted. Really great guy. Didn’t give away any trade secrets. Just two guys chatting about hockey. He saw plays developing way ahead of me so there is an art to what they do.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Watch the games Jakey. Decide for yourself if the guys i mention are franchise or star players. I will be attendance at Bedards game tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to run into the Kings scout again.
What I tried to explain is that Wright was the second coming a few years ago. Plays develop at different rates. The players you mentioned could be franchise or star players, but I don't think we should be trying to tank to get one.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What I tried to explain is that Wright was the second coming a few years ago. Plays develop at different rates. The players you mentioned could be franchise or star players, but I don't think we should be trying to tank to get one.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject. Seen too many cups awarded to teams that drafted a franchise player by picking first in the right draft. 23 to me is the “right” draft. Wright will be a star player. He’s Joe Nieuwendyk to me. Not Mike Modano.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There might be what, 2 or 3 players from this team on the team in 2 years? That's when you worry about culture. You can put a system in place and teach it at all levels of the organization. You can have rules and discipline but chemistry and culture need some semblance of a nucleus to start with. There's nothing like that on this roster. They burned the it to the ground. Only thing to worry about right now is draft position. Hell, they aren't even worried about retaining probably the best player in the system and he's only 23. They're worried about culture about as much as they're worried about attendance right now.
You got a point.:laugh: Hell, let's tank next year. Like hbk said, send all kids back to junior. :thumbu:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
That ship has sailed. We're tanking. Just join me in a group UGH for a couple more years. If this doesn't work, I'm done with hockey.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject. Seen too many cups awarded to teams that drafted a franchise player by picking first in the right draft. 23 to me is the “right” draft. Wright will be a star player. He’s Joe Nieuwendyk to me. Not Mike Modano.
Ok, I changed my mind. Let's get Wright this year, tank next year for Bedard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad