B-Sens 2021-22 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see both Kastelic & Sokolov as future 4th line players, I think Boucher might be a future 3rd line option for a while or they trade for one. Sokolov on a 4th line might give that line a scoring option, but they would have to find a better RW to play on a 3rd line. Playing the Rangers today we can also see the importance of having bigger players on the roster to be able to deal with the size & strength of these big teams to win puck battles all over the ice.

I have been rethinking my views on Sanford. He is a big body with some but limited offensive skills. I would not mind signing him as a UFA at $1M per for 2 years to be on the 4th Line. He is not ideal (not a bruising checker or policeman) but could serve as a big body presence for a few years.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I have been rethink my views on Sanford. He is a big body with some but limited offensive skills. I would not mind signing him as a UFA at $1M per for 2 years to be on the 4th Line. He is not ideal (not a bruising checker or policeman) but could serve as a big body presence for a few years.
If we can’t upgrade sure BUT not a penny more.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have been rethink my views on Sanford. He is a big body with some but limited offensive skills. I would not mind signing him as a UFA at $1M per for 2 years to be on the 4th Line. He is not ideal (not a bruising checker or policeman) but could serve as a big body presence for a few years.

I have also been thinking about this. It could depend on whether Paul signs or not, if not, they have another big body in Sandford who might be re-signed. At the moment Paul also plays higher in the lineup, but when this team is fully healthy & if they find that elusive RW or keep Guadette at RW then that could push Paul down a line.

They may go for whoever is the cheaper option on the 4th line which IMO should be Sanford & get the best return they can on Paul. But they also have White to play on that 3rd line C spot & can slot in Kastelic, Sokolov or Kelly wherever needed. It will be interesting how this plays out & they could even move both out, they have enough extra bodies.

Reactions: Cosmix

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
No Gus or Sogaard in net tonight? Mandolese and Anthony Popovich came out. Sogaard is listed on the game sheet, so I’m guessing Belleville had to find and emergency goalie.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:
The B-Sens have had to make a goaltending shuffle following Monday’s loss, after Filip Gustavsson was recalled to Ottawa on Tuesday morning. Kevin Mandolese is expected to start tonight. Full lineup information will be released prior to puck drop.
Who to Watch:
While Captain Logan Shaw’s six-game point streak was snapped last night, both Andrew Agozzino and defender Zac Leslie are finding some consistency, as they each have points in back-to-back games. The pair each had a goal and an assist last night as well. Jake Lucchini also has points in back-to-back games, after notching an assist last ngiht.
Crunch Captain Gabriel Dumont had a hat trick on Friday, is riding a three-game point streak (five goals, two assists) and has 10 points (eight goals, two assists) in his last seven games played. Former Belleville Bull Remi Eli (two goals, three assists) and new Crunch acquisition Anthony Richard (four assists) arealso on three-game point streaks, as is defender Darren Raddysh (two goals, three assists).

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
FMO-Ie5XoAY92aq

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster update: The #Sens have recalled forward Mark Kastelic from
@BellevilleSens
. Additionally, defenceman Dillon Heatherington has been re-assigned to Belleville.

Roster update: The #Sens have recalled goaltender Filip Gustavsson from
@BellevilleSens
. Matt Murray will miss tonight’s game vs
@mnwild
after he and his wife welcomed a new baby this morning.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have also been thinking about this. It could depend on whether Paul signs or not, if not, they have another big body in Sandford who might be re-signed. At the moment Paul also plays higher in the lineup, but when this team is fully healthy & if they find that elusive RW or keep Guadette at RW then that could push Paul down a line.

They may go for whoever is the cheaper option on the 4th line which IMO should be Sanford & get the best return they can on Paul. But they also have White to play on that 3rd line C spot & can slot in Kastelic, Sokolov or Kelly wherever needed. It will be interesting how this plays out & they could even move both out, they have enough extra bodies.

We need some big body players who play big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad