B-Sens 2021-22 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Kastelic & Sokolov would be two interesting additions to the bottom six on this team soon, both seem to be inching closer.
I’d say Kastelic is much closer than Sokolov, mostly due to the role I’d want them to play in Ottawa.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like Kastelic as a future 4LC whereas I want Sokolov to score at the NHL level in a top 9 role.

I think Kastelic has 4th line C potential and hope he adopts a more physical playing style, hitting every opponent hard when he gets the opportunities. He seems to be good at face-offs but is lacking speed. Could be a feared net front player if he does.

I also agree about Sokolov as a potential top 9 player. I hope he too adopts a more physical playing style as he has the size to do it. He lacks speed so if he could become a physical player he would create more room for himself and make others watch out for him when he is on the ice. He could also become a net front presence with his size if he would become more physical. He has a very hard shot too.

Reactions: Yak

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I see both Kastelic & Sokolov as future 4th line players, I think Boucher might be a future 3rd line option for a while or they trade for one. Sokolov on a 4th line might give that line a scoring option, but they would have to find a better RW to play on a 3rd line. Playing the Rangers today we can also see the importance of having bigger players on the roster to be able to deal with the size & strength of these big teams to win puck battles all over the ice.

Reactions: Cosmix and Yak

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I see both Kastelic & Sokolov as future 4th line players, I think Boucher might be a future 3rd line option for a while or they trade for one. Sokolov on a 4th line might give that line a scoring option, but they would have to find a better RW to play on a 3rd line. Playing the Rangers today we can also see the importance of having bigger players on the roster to be able to deal with the size & strength of these big teams to win puck battles all over the ice.
Sokolov has no NHL future as a 4th line player IMO. Scoring role or career AHL/Euro player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sokolov has no NHL future as a 4th line player IMO. Scoring role or career AHL/Euro player.
Why not? With Batherson, C. Brown & I assume Boucher will be here someday on RW why would't they want a scoring threat on the 4th line?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Why not? With Batherson, C. Brown & I assume Boucher will be here someday on RW why would't they want a scoring threat on the 4th line?
4th line role will be limited ice time, aggressive forecheck used as a momentum changer. Sokolov isn’t fast enough. We need better skaters on the 4th line, no more Austin Watson speed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
4th line role will be limited ice time, aggressive forecheck used as a momentum changer. Sokolov isn’t fast enough. We need better skaters on the 4th line, no more Austin Watson speed.

Who knows what they end up with on the 4th line, it could be many different options but I like a big line than can hold puck possession, be very hard to play against & maybe chip in offensively. A lot of 4th lines have their slower players on it, enforcers & whatever role the team needs. I see the 3rd line as an energy line with lots of speed & forechecking & complimentary scoring.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Who knows what they end up with on the 4th line, it could be many different options but I like a big line than can hold puck possession, be very hard to play against & maybe chip in offensively. A lot of 4th lines have their slower players on it, enforcers & whatever role the team needs. I see the 3rd line as an energy line with lots of speed & forechecking & complimentary scoring.
It’s going to need to be dirt cheap above everything else.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Totally agree - When was the last game we were bigger than our opponent ? The idea that the nhl has become a small/speed game is redicilous.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
ya there's no way sokolov is 4th liner. it's top 9 scoring or bust.
They have Batherson, C. Brown, Boucher, Gaudette & Sokolov right now as RW options & Latimer coming or maybe they draft another this yr. I don't get why you wouldn't use a scoring RWer on a 4th line given he has played with Kastelic quite a bit in Belleville. And if Kelly ends up on the other side they would have speed, toughness & scoring on a 4th line, what's wrong with that? BTW I would be fine if he is on a higher line, but given his skating issues & chemistry with Kastelic it just seems like a fit.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2022-02-20ConfirmedLeaving
3.png
Cody Goloubef (D)
SC Bern
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

@BellevilleSens
ROSTER UPDATE: Prior to today's game in Toronto the #BellevilleSens released D Cody Goloubef from his PTO. He'll join
@scbern_news in the Swiss National League.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Sokolov would be fine on the 4th line. In fact that's as far as I see him going. I don't think he'll ever be good enough for the top 6. Hope I am wrong.

But this idea that the 3rd and fourth line player can only be one type is pretty narrow minded. Look at a player like Brian Boyle. He's been a good bottom six player his whole career; providing some offense on the bottom lines. There's lots of examples of physical guys who can get the odd goal... Shawn Thornton is another.

I dont know if Sokolov will ever be a full time NHLer, but I dont see him on the top lines.

Reactions: DrEasy and aragorn

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Looks like BSens decided to start the game without any defence, shots on goal by Syracuse 9-0 after 5:55, score 0-0

BSens down 1-0 SOG 10-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad