NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread XIII - 2022 STANLEY CUP FINAL - Colorado Avalanche Cup Champions - Makar wins Conn Smythe

Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Colorado Avalanche

Votes: 68 70.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have no love for either team but I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't a more exciting series given the talent of both teams on paper - neither team really impressed in my opinion.

On a related note, have there been any good Stanley Cup Finals since they switched to the division/wild card playoff format in 2014? Seems like every year outside of 2019 (barf) the Final has been horribly one-sided.

I thought the quality of play was outstanding in the finals.

The best in quite some time really.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I have no love for either team but I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't a more exciting series given the talent of both teams on paper - neither team really impressed in my opinion.

On a related note, have there been any good Stanley Cup Finals since they switched to the division/wild card playoff format in 2014? Seems like every year outside of 2019 (barf) the Final has been horribly one-sided.
Differing perspectives on these things is funny and unique. I say that because I thoroughly enjoyed the Finals. I thought it was very exciting.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Glad to see that with a real opponent, a real postseason and not being 18 million over the salary cap, the great lightning are just another team. not the 1970s Habs incarnate.

asterisk the hell out of those 2 banners

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Glad to see that with a real opponent, a real postseason and not being 18 million over the salary cap, the great lightning are just another team. not the 1970s Habs incarnate.

wasnt the WS a few years ago the 300 million dollar LA Dodgers vs the low payroll Rays?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

Nice profile pic, love winter mountaineering myself as well.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
They can let most of them walk without hurting the team much at all.

Nico Sturm, Jack Johnson, Darren Helm, Andrew Cogliano, Josh Manson, Ryan Murray, even Kuemper.
yup, Burakovsky and Nichushkin are the only real MUST RE-SIGN guys, Burakovsky was already making 4.9, he'll get a little raise but nothing too substantial. Nichushkin was making 2.5, he'll get a good little bump, into the 5ish range. So maybe an extra 4M between them. They're going to lose Kadri, and i have zero clue what they're prospect pool has coming, but they're not going to be gutted like people are thinking

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
yup, Burakovsky and Nichushkin are the only real MUST RE-SIGN guys, Burakovsky was already making 4.9, he'll get a little raise but nothing too substantial. Nichushkin was making 2.5, he'll get a good little bump, into the 5ish range. So maybe an extra 4M between them. They're going to lose Kadri, and i have zero clue what they're prospect pool has coming, but they're not going to be gutted like people are thinking

everyone is going to try and get the most they can anywhere they can get it

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Glad the Avs won. It would have been toe-on-the-trigger time if I saw Pat Effing Maroon win his 4th cup in a row! LOL

And the only reason I'd ever want Nazim Kadri on the Bruins would be to cut down on Bruin's concussions.

Reactions: BMC

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine

They have Newhook who should be expected to have a pretty big boost in play time next season. They also have Oskar Olaussen but he will most likely see a season or 2 of AHL before making the jump unless he has a breakout camp. Outside of that l, nothing. Though, the Aves core is young enough that they will definitely contend next year.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Happy the Avs won.

I'd love to see Kadri in our lineup. We need the grit and the help down the middle.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
probably wont see a team attempt a 3 peat in a long time after this. I don't remember the Islanders of the 80s
I never bought into that whole "threepeat" thing for Tampa. That first "cup", 3 seasons ago was total bullshit.

That was basically a summer hockey tournament after an extended off season. Never considered it legit, and would have felt that way even if Boston would have won it that year.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I never bought into that whole "threepeat" thing for Tampa. That first "cup", 3 seasons ago was total bullshit.

That was basically a summer hockey tournament after an extended off season. Never considered it legit, and would have felt that way even if Boston would have won it that year.

according to everyone, every cup is tainted.. 2011, 13, 19, 20 is what I can think of

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad