2021-2022 AUS Thread

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Not very pleasant here today. Wind and rain but the freezing rain and rapid temperature drop is a concern for icy roads.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Not able to watch tonight…what happened?
UPEI player made a gesture at Nurse right at the end of the first period , refs clearly didn’t see it but that’s what set Nurse off leading to the 10 minute misconduct. When UPEI crossed the ice at the end of the period their were lots of words exchanged between sides , I thought Dove-McFalls was gonna go after Forbes at one point . Rest of the game was relatively calm, I was scared we were about to see a repeat of the Acadia-X fight tonight.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
UPEI player made a gesture at Nurse right at the end of the first period , refs clearly didn’t see it but that’s what set Nurse off leading to the 10 minute misconduct. When UPEI crossed the ice at the end of the period their were lots of words exchanged between sides , I thought Dove-McFalls was gonna go after Forbes at one point . Rest of the game was relatively calm, I was scared we were about to see a repeat of the Acadia-X fight tonight.

Do you know which player?

I think he may have been mocking Nurse for trying to be a “big man”. Which can look like the same gesture for mimicking a gorilla. Hoping it wasn’t the latter.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Do you know which player?

I think he may have been mocking Nurse for trying to be a “big man”. Which can look like the same gesture for mimicking a gorilla. Hoping it wasn’t the latter.
Yeah, but despite seeing it with my own 2 eyes , I also know that if that were to be done at any other UNB player I would have thought nothing of it . I first posted during the intermission in anger and disgust , but until we here more , I think in the world of cancel culture I should probably refrain from naming him.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
There was. I was at the opposite end so didn't see a lot but they were throwing them. Very spirited game from the outset. Lots of pent up energy, lots of big hits. Good game overall. SMU @ SFX tomorrow night for last nights makeup. Don't know is ACA/DAL is on as well.
Regarding playoff, heard that 6-7 will have a 1 game play in, then normal seeding.

Reactions: timbitca and Rob

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
SFX with a 7-4 win over SMU. I would pick them and UNB to round out the AUS contingent in Wolfville at the end of March.
Bishop sat out his 1 game suspension from Sat night.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
SFX with a 7-4 win over SMU. I would pick them and UNB to round out the AUS contingent in Wolfville at the end of March.
Bishop sat out his 1 game suspension from Sat night.

Joel Bishop appeared to have been in the lineup for SMU in the Sunday game vs St FX, and accumulated statistics. Bishop should not have been suspended for the Saturday night fighting penalty as the Dal player was assessed an instigator minor during that sequence. Typically when there's an instigator minor involved in a fight, the other player isn't suspended.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Just noticed this update this to the AUS Men's Hockey Ops Manual, re: rosters caps.

upload_2022-2-21_8-49-48.png

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
IMO, UNB and X are favoured, but from what I have seen from UPEI in the last 2 games vs UNB, they will be a tough playoff opponent.
Whoever gets UPEI in the semi-finals are going to have their hands full for sure.

EDIT - I’m getting ahead of myself,..of course they would have to win their quarter-final series first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drummer

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
The games are starting to mean something now as we approach the end of the season.

Wednesday night sees DAL and SFX meet in Halifax. This game could allow DAL to break their tie with UPEI and move 2pts ahead into 3 place (where you want to be to avoid meeting UNB in the second round - maybe if you're anyone else other than UPEI who has played UNB really tight this season 3-2OT, 3-2SO, 1-3 & 3-1).

On Saturday, DAL is off to the island to play UPEI - their only head-2-head game, so the outcome will really shape the 3-4 seeds. On Friday, SFX is on the island, so UPEI has two really tough games this weekend if they want to stay in 3rd.

UNB has a 7pt lead over SFX with 4 games left (8pts on the table). The magic number is now 1 (1 win by UNB or loss by SFX). Basically UNB has wrapped-up 1st.

SFX has an 8pt lead on DAL & UPEI - basically they have 2nd place wrapped-up.

3rd place is the story - both DAL & UPEI are tied with DAL having a game-in-hand

SMU is in 5th place, 5 points out of 4th and 4pts ahead of ACD and UdM. They're on a six game losing streak, but they should win their UdeM and ACD games to solidify 6th.

ACD and UdM are tied for last. They have one head-2-head game in Wolfville this Saturday - this game may decided who ends up in 7th. If we do have a 6v7 'play-in' game - this may decided home ice for that game. UdM has a 1-2 record vs ACD with GF/GA of 10-8 (in UdM's favour). If UdeM wins this game, they would capture the tie breaker.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
According to a media report from the NS Covid briefing - Premier: effective March 21, all remaining COVID restrictions will be "gone" unless something unexpected happens.

I haven't watched the briefing which started at 3:00, so I can't add more than this. I'll watch it later and fill in as necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad