Proposal: 2021 1st Round Pick

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tomato Tomato ... One team may have 1 player ranked as the BPA and another team may have that player ranked 4th.. If you mean the Bob's list as a BPA list or another consensus list as the BPA list .. or whoever the Sens have ranked as their BPA.

Yes each team and rating service has its own list and rankings, and may have the players ranked in tiers instead of a strict list of 1 to 100 or whatever. There will be differences in lists from team to team. I am not saying a poster needs to agree with the Senators choose at their pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes each team and rating service has its own list and rankings, and may have the players ranked in tiers instead of a strict list of 1 to 100 or whatever. There will be differences in lists from team to team. I am not saying a poster needs to agree with the Senators choose at their pick.

Anything else you are not saying?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
BPA,but at this draft it seems that we should fill a hole...As defenders and centers seem to littered in the top 10

Based on McKenzie's list there are at least 3 tiers near the top 10: Power at the top by himself, followed by two players in a tie (Guenther & Edvinsson) and then perhaps a bunch of others (Beniers, Hughes, Clarke, Eklund, Johnson and perhaps Wallstedt) ranked about equally. As a fan I would use other lists from reputable (i.e., proven past prognosticators) rating services to create a consensus list. Of course we do not know what the Senator's ranking/ratings are at this time; they might do a "reach".

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
'BPA' is one of my biggest pet peeves at draft time lol. Its so subjective. Feels like a cop out from having to have an opinion. To each there own though.

It seems like a cop-out or blind trust in Senator's scouting and ranking of draft picks. Personally I like to combine the ratings of several draft rating services to create a combined list/ranking and then make my choice as to who the BPA is at the Senator's pick number. Then we can have some fun watching how time tells the story to see who was smarter. I was a bit dumber when we took Tkachuk as I favoured Zadina but thought Tkachuk was the next best pick. I do not get to see all the players enough to make a ratings list on my own.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00