NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XV [We got 3-5]

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not sure I agree with the critics on Quinn, the kid hasnt trained until he was 16 years old. So much potential with added strenght combined with his skills. I still want Byfield/Stutz and Raymond personnally but I think Quinn will become a very solid player.

He's also about 8 days younger than Roberston and probably would have been drafted around Robertson or later last year if we was born a week sooner ... That could be the type of player you get too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodzilla

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Stutzle and Rossi

I prefer Byfield and Rossi, would be ecstatic with Stutzle/Byfield + Rossi/Raymond combo.

Will still be very happy with Drysdale or Sanderson but prefer forwards with both picks.

Please no Askarov, he could be great but I really think we need to shore up Line 1 and the top centre spots with the top 2 picks. We really haven't had a dominant first line since CASH days, we have been without a top centre since Spetzky.

Reactions: Bileur and HzH

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He's also about 8 days younger than Roberston and probably would have been drafted around Robertson or later last year if we was born a week sooner ... That could be the type of player you get too.

That's actually a very good comparable.

Where would Robertson go in this draft?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I will be upset if they pick a D with #5, makes no sense with the young D they already have, We need forward skill in the lineup. Teams with top tier players win, we still top don't have those stop tier players just yet outside of Chabot imo.

I agree you need to draft the guys like Pointe, Kucherov, Toewes, Kane to win a Cup and you need a minimum of 2 elite forwards to win. As a fan I want a PP guy like Raymond but to win you need the big Dman. All the Cup teams have their Seabrooke, Pieterangelo, Doughty, Chara - just a big stud Dman who can play 25 minutes in all situations.

Can’t get it unless you draft it. Guys like Bieksa, Maata, Paryko are also a part of a Stanley Cup winning D (JBD, Thomson) but you can’t pass on A big stud Dman who can skate.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
2YYc.gif

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Well, I wanted Raymond but with him off the board I'm good with the Sanderson pick! Great night for the Sens so far.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That Frank must be angry, seems he was off on a bit

Jack Quinn Drafted 8th overall by the Buffalo Sabres. Hunh.

@L'Aveuglette So... Rossi wasnt picked in the top 7. It appears the impossible happened.

Reactions: Random Comment

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jack Quinn Drafted 8th overall by the Buffalo Sabres. Hunh.

@L'Aveuglette So... Rossi wasnt picked in the top 7. It appears the impossible happened.

Like I said during the draft last night, it was a mistake to pass on Rossi and I will make it my mission to troll those 4 teams(including ours!) who did so. :D

Edit: Make that 5 teams. Detroit should have gone for Rossi over Raymond. F*** it.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Day 1 draft picks were great, but was surprised we didn’t try to move some seconds for an additional/upgraded pick. I thought ‘guess they have some decent trades or picks in mind’ for those 2rd picks. Getting Murray was good I guess. But the rest of the draft was honestly disappointing. Like if you weren’t going to do much with those picks, why not try to package them for a top 20 pick yesterday?

oh well. Guess I just have to trust Dorion and co, I suppose they’ve earned it wrt draft choices.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad