NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part X - [The Final Countdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
@aragorn many sites have Stutzle over 6 feet 185
I'm okay with Stutzle, but I really wanted Byfield & it's still within the realm of possibility that he drops a spot, although I doubt that will happen. It kind of sucks that a top 8 team will end up winning this lottery, especially given the generational talent of Lafreniere. It just doesn't seem right & from our perspective Ottawa & Detroit got shafted by the NHL again. Now a team that is already really good like Tampa or Pitt for example could also win Lafreniere, it's bullshit.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I'm okay with Stutzle, but I really wanted Byfield & it's still within the realm of possibility that he drops a spot, although I doubt that will happen. It kind of sucks that a top 8 team will end up winning this lottery, especially given the generational talent of Lafreniere. It just doesn't seem right & from our perspective Ottawa & Detroit got shafted by the NHL again. Now a team that is already really good like Tampa or Pitt for example could also win Lafreniere, it's bullshit.

Tampa can't get first overall.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Rossi has 70 point potential IMO. Very tempting to nab him #5, because we might end up getting two #1 caliber centers in the same draft.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I’m going to guess we take 1 of Stutzle/Byfield and then 1 of Drysdale/Sanderson

The forwards are stronger than the D at 13-21 for sure, I am under the impression we’ll be taking a forward there.
Is there a team that would like to move up to make a trade with Detroit so they could snatch one of the those two ( I'm not very knowledgeable in other team needs). Detroit don't need a D, right?

Could, would it then change our 5th pick ?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is there a team that would like to move up to make a trade with Detroit so they could snatch one of the those two ( I'm not very knowledgeable in other team needs). Detroit don't need a D, right?

Could, would it then change our 5th pick ?

Detroit has a pretty good stable of D men I really dont know who they would be picking too be honest. Could absolutely be a forward. With Hronek and Seider they have two young RD already that look pretty great. They also picked Tuomisto, Johansson, Cholowski, Mcisaac and Lindstrom all in the first two rounds the last three years. They have alot of D prospects.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Stutzle/Byfield + Drysdale/Sanderson

Let’s hope Detroit takes Rossi and gives us all the options.

This is going to be the most exciting draft of my life. And I LOVE draft day.
Can’t. Wait.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I hate that we have to wait so long now.
What I’m looking forward to most I think is that pick between ours. Right after we make our #3 pick (Stutzle/Byfield whoever is available). The anticipation while Detroit decides who they are taking and then seeing who we have available for #5.
Love that there’s only one pick between ours. We pretty much go right back up and select another top prospect.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What I’m looking forward to most I think is that pick between ours. Right after we make our #3 pick (Stutzle/Byfield whoever is available). The anticipation while Detroit decides who they are taking and then seeing who we have available for #5.
Love that there’s only one pick between ours. We pretty much go right back up and select another top prospect.

I believe it will be Drysdale or Quinn with the 5th pick.

Reactions: Icelevel

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I'm still upset about the garbage rigged/fixed lottery or whatever you want to call it but it didn't seem untouched. Can't wait for MTL to "win" the next great french Canadian player /s,

Feeling a lot better if can get as good quality players as there has been around 3 and 5 in the past years.

in 2019 there was Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Sieder in the 3 to 6 range any 2 of those would be great
in 2018 there was Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk, Hsyton, Zadina and Hughes in the 3 to 7 range only 2 that are good there are Tkachuk and Hughes jury is still out on Zadina and Hayton.
In 2017 there was Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson, and Glass in the 3 to 6 range other than Glass i'd be hyped to get any 2 of the rest.
in 2016 there was Dubois, Puljujarvi, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Keller in the 3 to 7 range, Dubois, Tkachuk would be nice but a Keller quality type player wouldn't be bad.
in 2015 there was Strome, Marner, Hanafin, Zacha, Provorov, Werenski in the 3 to 8 range, Marner, Provorov or Werenski type of quality would be great the rest not so much

I hope we get Stutzle I don't have a good feeling about Byfield he uses his size and strength to his advantage atm but he cant pull that off as easily in the NHL where a lot of players are going to be as big and strong as him or know how to counter it.

Personally i'd rather trade down from 3 than pick Byfield.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm still upset about the garbage rigged/fixed lottery or whatever you want to call it but it didn't seem untouched. Can't wait for MTL to "win" the next great french Canadian player /s,

Feeling a lot better if can get as good quality players as there has been around 3 and 5 in the past years.

in 2019 there was Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Sieder in the 3 to 6 range any 2 of those would be great
in 2018 there was Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk, Hsyton, Zadina and Hughes in the 3 to 7 range only 2 that are good there are Tkachuk and Hughes jury is still out on Zadina and Hayton.
In 2017 there was Heiskanen, Makar, Pettersson, and Glass in the 3 to 6 range other than Glass i'd be hyped to get any 2 of the rest.
in 2016 there was Dubois, Puljujarvi, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Keller in the 3 to 7 range, Dubois, Tkachuk would be nice but a Keller quality type player wouldn't be bad.
in 2015 there was Strome, Marner, Hanafin, Zacha, Provorov, Werenski in the 3 to 8 range, Marner, Provorov or Werenski type of quality would be great the rest not so much

I hope we get Stutzle I don't have a good feeling about Byfield he uses his size and strength to his advantage atm but he cant pull that off as easily in the NHL where a lot of players are going to be as big and strong as him or know how to counter it.

Personally i'd rather trade down from 3 than pick Byfield.
This logic simply doesnt stand up. He is already younger than everyone in the OHL and he doesnt even use his size enough to begin with. No they wont be able to stop him when he is a man and is 6'4+ and 230 +. This argument is a new one I have seen on HF recently and honestly just because a few other people say it doesnt remotely mean its true. He has the most development left, his size is a positive not a negative.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
One of Stutzle/Byfield + One of Raymond/Rossi/Perfetti/Drysdale with 3 & 5.

If the Isles selection ends up being 13-15, I can see them move up to get Lundell, Sanderson, or Quinn if they are still lingering around 9-12. I can see them covet local boy Quinn and his goal scoring ability as a 2-way forward over Holtz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad