NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part X - [The Final Countdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Looking for some input here ladies/gents...
I’ve watched lots of prospect vids over the past few months but let’s say i wanted to grab 10 minutes or so of video on the top 12ish picks - which site or source would you recommend?

thanks!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What is your blood type? A = higher chance, O =lower chance to catch the virus (and maybe any corona-virus... I'm extrapolating here) Are you low in Vitamin D? If you're low like most people living in the northern half of the globe = higher chance to catch the COV-19
Do we know how much it would cost to have Ultraviolet thermometer and sensors to monitor players and populace before they enter in stores, offices, etc..? The cost should easily outweigh the cost of not having them install everywhere

I am type-A, so there's a good chance that played a part in it although I'm not sure how this is useful when it comes to how we deal with this as a society.

Yeah, I'm all for more preventative measures such as you mention as long they are not a replacement for the ones already in place. As we know it can take many days before someone develops symptoms which would show up on ultraviolet meters etc.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
So, Hockey prospects dropped it's list the other day, and it had some surprising choices, most notably wrt Drysdale

2020 NHL Draft Rankings | HockeyProspect.com

Mark Edwards posted some replies to comments about it in the prospects forum, and there were a couple things that caught my eye.

1. He said plenty of scouts he talked to had Sanderson ahead of Drysdale, also mentioned he'd be shocked if Sanderson slipped past 8th.

2. He mentioned they saw this draft as have a really deep first, specifically, he said "We have 27 "A" players. I think we ad 18 last season."

Robins at 13 - Wow.

Was hoping to snag him in the 2nd to 3rd round.

For comparison sake - Central scouting has him #86 NA skater

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Is the soup thing supposed to be like you envision/feel we are going to get X player? I don't really know much French, and someone said it is a translation.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Is the soup thing supposed to be like you envision/feel we are going to get X player? I don't really know much French, and someone said it is a translation.
in my soup: kind of means that's all you can think of

It's a French Canadian expression : when you are in love, that person is always on your mind.

extra knowledge:

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Got the dream in my Draft simulator today, picked Byfield and Stutzle 2 and 3 then traded up to 11 for 21 and 2 2nds to pick Jake Sanderson.

Now thatd be a draft I think any fan could get behind
If you could guarantee that result the Sens should take it and run!

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
So, Hockey prospects dropped it's list the other day, and it had some surprising choices, most notably wrt Drysdale

2020 NHL Draft Rankings | HockeyProspect.com

Mark Edwards posted some replies to comments about it in the prospects forum, and there were a couple things that caught my eye.

1. He said plenty of scouts he talked to had Sanderson ahead of Drysdale, also mentioned he'd be shocked if Sanderson slipped past 8th.

2. He mentioned they saw this draft as have a really deep first, specifically, he said "We have 27 "A" players. I think we ad 18 last season."

And we could end up with four or even five of those players?!? In one draft we could end up with talent it takes some teams a decade to find.

It’s mind blowing when you think of it. Dorion is genius. I can’t wait to ask Siri “Who is genius?” and get a photo of Pierre Dorion.

Reactions: Sweatred

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Just make the simulator. Watch the dream
Lafrenière
Askarov
Gunler
Barron
Villeneuve
Muhka
Pytlyk
Stranges
Cuylle
Finley
Morrisson
Maata

Reactions: Sweatred

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Most overrated, in my obviously minority, opinion
Yeah, hard to guarantee a goalie no matter how elite of a prospect he is. Wouldn't be mad if we took him at 21. Would rather build a solid team and have an above average-above average starting calibre goalie though, and try to hit the goalie jackpot with 2-7th round picks/UFA.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really want some Lafreniere soup with Byfield bread to dip
Some fresh Bavarian Stutzle for dessert would be nice.
thumb_but-this-is-called-cannibalism-my-dear-children-and-is-53567002.png

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Most overrated, in my obviously minority, opinion

I think he was overrated at the beginning of the year with the top 5 talk but that has completely died and now hes outside most top 10 for sure or even later.

Askarov is a fringe top 10 prospect for me.

Yes goalies are risky and I'm well aware of the bust rate, but my guess is there are a tom of teams that regret passing on Vasilevsky a few years ago as well.

DraftScout1986

Jun 18, 2020
Alexander Ljungkrantz from Brynas, probably one of the fastest Swedish skaters born 02. Did a good season for Brynas u20 and got the chance to play for Brynas in the SHL aswell.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, hard to guarantee a goalie no matter how elite of a prospect he is. Wouldn't be mad if we took him at 21. Would rather build a solid team and have an above average-above average starting calibre goalie though, and try to hit the goalie jackpot with 2-7th round picks/UFA.

Top goalies in recent drafts:
Samsonov (1st round, 22 OA, highest drafted goalie) other notable goalies: Blackwood (42nd OA)
Saaros (4th round, 99th OA) picked after Fucale (36th OA, highest drafted goalie), Jarry, Comrie, Hogberg
Vasilevskiy (1st round, 19th OA, highest drafted goalie), other notable goalies: Subban (24th OA BUST), Korpisalo (62nd OA), Andersen (87th OA), Hellebuyck (130th OA)
Gibson (2nd round 39th OA, highest drafted goalie), other notable goalies: Binnington (88th OA)
Mrazek (5th round, 141st OA), other notable goalies: Campbell (11th OA BUST), Visentin (27th OA, BUST)
Lehner (we all know about this one;)), other notable goalies: Koskiken (31st OA)
Chet Pickard (18th OA, BUST), other notable goalies: Markstrom (31st OA)

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If Askarov is there with our third pick then you have to take him. We would have enough forwards and D at that point
Just one goalie in first round. You take him with ours second pick for make sure you have him, and with the isles pick lots of good player available

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just one goalie in first round. You take him with ours second pick for make sure you have him, and with the isles pick lots of good player available
Difference between guys guys available at 6 and 21 are huge, Askarov isn’t a need, isn’t a better prospect then any of the guys in the top 10, and High impact forwards and D are much more important to winning a cup.

We take Askarov with one of our top 2 picks, especially with the guys available, we screwed up our draft big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad