NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part X - [The Final Countdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Because after Matthews and a bunch of other players tested positive for covid-19 there is very little chance that this playoffs happens. as much as I missed hockey, it’s probably for the best.

A part of me kinda hope they cancel it sooner than later and have the draft in July and try start the 20/21 season in October

I would imagine that if they cancelled the season the draft order wouldn't be the same. It'd end up being a lottery where all teams have the same odds; or have it like the crosby draft year. If the best teams miss out on a championship for all their hard work so far, no way the bottom teams get the benefit of picking the best players.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
So, is the consensus of the tiers of the first 6 picks as follows?

2/3

4/5/6

Are there greater gaps in between? Are there more tiers than the 3 I've noted? And how big of a gap do you guys feel there is between say 1 and 2/3 and then between 2/3 and 4/5/6? Looking through all of the mock draft lists many have posted themselves and on different publications, the top 6 seems to more or less be consistently the same group of players. Just wondering how excited I should start getting about where the bingo balls land next Friday.

I would put the tiers as follows:

Lafrenniere

Stützle, Raymond, Byfield

Holtz, Drysdale, Sanderson, Rossi, Lundell, Amirov, Perfetti

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Because after Matthews and a bunch of other players tested positive for covid-19 there is very little chance that this playoffs happens. as much as I missed hockey, it’s probably for the best.

A part of me kinda hope they cancel it sooner than later and have the draft in July and try start the 20/21 season in October
Disagree. Same thing happened in England with Premier league players and they started their season again just fine. I see no reason route the NHL to cancel this.

Reactions: SensFactor

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Disagree. Same thing happened in England with Premier league players and they started their season again just fine. I see no reason route the NHL to cancel this.
Apparently player have to vote again if want to play , and sounds like many don’t want to play

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

The virus is really bad but not as bad as it was first feared because a lot of people are asymptomatic and younger/healthier people have dealt with it quite well. And now there's new treatments that can help reduce the fatality rates.

I'm not saying everybody should get back to normal life as if everything was just fine but until there is a certified vaccine ready to be distributed globally, we'll have to learn to live WITH the virus. Even if all goes well, we could be talking about 2 years in total to be absolutely protected against this crap so at some point, there's no choice but get things back on track, just have be the most careful you can be. Older people and people who have health problems should stay in confinement to begin with. It really sucks for them but that's the reality we're facing. Testing methods have to improve and be faster. Every place should have ultraviolet temperature guns to check on people. So many things, but it's a process. The whole point is you have to get the economy back on track. The last few months were a learning period, hopefully we learned enough to be able to be responsible (something that you can't trust everyone to be so no matter what we'll have to deal with these people anyway). If they get crowds in sports or any other type of events, they'll have to apply some kind of distanciation. They have to be well organized and people have to be held responsible. Selling less tickets is better than nothing. Anyway, we'll see

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The virus is really bad but not as bad as it was first feared because a lot of people are asymptomatic and younger/healthier people have dealt with it quite well. And now there's new treatments that can help reduce the fatality rates.

I'm not saying everybody should get back to normal life as if everything was just fine but until there is a certified vaccine ready to be distributed globally, we'll have to learn to live WITH the virus. Even if all goes well, we could be talking about 2 years in total to be absolutely protected against this crap so at some point, there's no choice but get things back on track, just have be the most careful you can be. Older people and people who have health problems should stay in confinement to begin with. It really sucks for them but that's the reality we're facing. Testing methods have to improve and be faster. Every place should have ultraviolet temperature guns to check on people. So many things, but it's a process. The whole point is you have to get the economy back on track. The last few months were a learning period, hopefully we learned enough to be able to be responsible (something that you can't trust everyone to be so no matter what we'll have to deal with these people anyway). If they get crowds in sports or any other type of events, they'll have to apply some kind of distanciation. They have to be well organized and people have to be held responsible. Selling less tickets is better than nothing. Anyway, we'll see

Apparently, from something I read recently, there is no antivirus vaccine available for any type of corona virus, which means that the probability of getting one that is universally effective for Covid-19 Corona virus is very low.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I imagine that Tier 4 will be ahead of Tier 3 on most lists & Raymond where Quinn is, but I prefer these guys.

Tier 1 - Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle
Tier 2 - Drysdale, Sanderson, Holtz, Quinn
Tier 3 - Askarov, Lundell, Holloway, Mercer
Tier 4 - Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Feel like the top 6 is strong, hope the Sens will pick two of my top 6.

My top 16:
Lafreniere
Byfield
Raymond
Stutzle
Rossi
Drysdale
Perfetti
Sanderson
Holtz
Zary
Jarvis
Askarov
Lundell
Quinn
Gunler
Mysak

Reactions: SensFactor

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Button said Askarov gonna be pick in the same range of Price. I have no problem if we slide to 5 and 6 pick Sanderson and Askarov

Reactions: DJB

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Yeah screw vulnerable people let's just ship them to some island and let them remain there while we go about our business!

Truly despise this kind of rhetoric.

Also, let me tell you that it's not just frail 80 year-olds this affects seriously. I've had it as a healthy 40-something and it put me on my ass for several weeks considering how it seemingly affects every organ and especially leaves your lungs weak and scarred.

There's no doubt if you just let this virus run free through the general populace it will destroy the health system, and then the economy, such as it will likely happen in the US over the summer due to their idiot leader not taking it seriously.

And sure, many people get it and they deal with it relatively easily, and some are asymptomatic, but those people are also the ones most likely to go out and spread Covid to less fortunate individuals, especially with loose confinement measures in heavily affected areas(hello Florida).

We did a really good job in Canada by remaining patient until numbers drastically reduced and are now carefully reopening things. Had our leaders thought like you we'd still be losing a ton of people to the disease, and the workforce would be increasingly decimated. This is proof that putting people before the economy is ultimately the best solution, and obviously the most humane one.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Button said Askarov gonna be pick in the same range of Price. I have no problem if we slide to 5 and 6 pick Sanderson and Askarov

I will be very disappointed if we get Sanderson and Askarov with our top two picks. I am expecting to get two of the top 5 prospects.

I want two picks from the following in this order of preference:
1.Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stützle
4.Drysdale
5.Raymond

Reactions: Deku

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I will be very disappointed if we get Sanderson and Askarov with our top two picks. I am expecting to get two of the top 5 prospects.

I want two picks from the following in this order of preference:
1.Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stützle
4.Drysdale
5.Raymond
Yeah me too. If Raymond is here at 5 - 6 and pass on him , I m gonna be very disappointed. But if all the four elite forward are pick before 5 and 6 I m gonna very happy with this. Askarov I see him in my soup like Lafrenière

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah screw vulnerable people let's just ship them to some island and let them remain there while we go about our business!

Also, let me tell you that it's not just frail 80 year-olds this affects seriously. I've had it as a healthy 40-something and it put me on my ass for several weeks considering how it seemingly affects every organ and especially leaves your lungs weak and scarred.

There's no doubt if you just let this virus run free through the general populace it will destroy the health system, and then the economy, such as it will likely happen in the US over the summer due to their idiot leader not taking it seriously.

And sure, many people get it and they deal with it relatively easily, and some are asymptomatic, but those people are also the ones most likely to go out and spread Covid to less fortunate individuals, especially with loose confinement measures in heavily affected areas(hello Florida).

We did a really good job in Canada by remaining patient until numbers drastically reduced and are now carefully reopening things. Had our leaders thought like you we'd still be losing a ton of people to the disease, and the workforce would be increasingly decimated. This is proof that putting people before the economy is ultimately the best solution, and obviously the most humane one.

Anyway. Stop talking out of your ass.

Depends on the island they ship me to. Hawaii is preferred over Iceland! :)

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Anyway. Stop talking out of your ass.
What is your blood type? A = higher chance, O =lower chance to catch the virus (and maybe any corona-virus... I'm extrapolating here) Are you low in Vitamin D? If you're low like most people living in the northern half of the globe = higher chance to catch the COV-19
Do we know how much it would cost to have Ultraviolet thermometer and sensors to monitor players and populace before they enter in stores, offices, etc..? The cost should easily outweigh the cost of not having them install everywhere

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I trust Mann and Dorion with the entirety of this franchise. Literally. They’re fantastic talent evaluators, and if they chose Askarov with our 2nd pick I wouldn’t question it. Mann himself was a goalie - if he sees something that special I’m willing to get on board.

Personally I see one of Hogberg/D’Accord turning into a B+ starter or better but HOF caliber is better than B+ and if we’re talking Price level...

Reactions: Crosside

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I trust Mann and Dorion with the entirety of this franchise. Literally. They’re fantastic talent evaluators, and if they chose Askarov with our 2nd pick I wouldn’t question it. Mann himself was a goalie - if he sees something that special I’m willing to get on board.

Personally I see one of Hogberg/D’Accord turning into a B+ starter or better but HOF caliber is better than B+ and if we’re talking Price level...
Kevin Mandolese is the name to remember

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, Hockey prospects dropped it's list the other day, and it had some surprising choices, most notably wrt Drysdale

2020 NHL Draft Rankings | HockeyProspect.com

Mark Edwards posted some replies to comments about it in the prospects forum, and there were a couple things that caught my eye.

1. He said plenty of scouts he talked to had Sanderson ahead of Drysdale, also mentioned he'd be shocked if Sanderson slipped past 8th.

2. He mentioned they saw this draft as have a really deep first, specifically, he said "We have 27 "A" players. I think we ad 18 last season."

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad