NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Anyone want to give me cliff notes on Perfetti? He was on that coaches poll list a lot in important categories.

Sounds like, from what little ive read, the question about his upside is due to average skating? Vision, play-making, smarts, stick-handling...sounds like hes got everything else.

I worry he is a lighter version of RNH.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Anyone have the leagues 3 suggestions from the Athletic how the draft should go?

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the league better not scnrew us over in tis draft, melnyk should have spent some timebuilding some good will.

I wonder who the one team who proposed a tourny for 1st overall was? i dont trust any thing from Ken holland hes always been chummy with Bettman.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
the league better not scnrew us over in tis draft, melnyk should have spent some timebuilding some good will.

I wonder who the one team who proposed a tourny for 1st overall was? i dont trust any thing from Ken holland hes always been chummy with Bettman.

Im sure the NYR would love LAF and think a playoff would be a good chance to determine them as winner.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Interesting/fun read.

Not sure about the methods or projections (projects Raymond as possible 30 goal 80 point player, Stützle as 15-20 goal guy doesn’t mention point projection but still says they’re close? :dunno: ) but interesting and fun nonetheless.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The news that the Sens are likely going to sign Artyom Zub is potentially a good sign that the Sens will consider drafting from the MHL/KHL. Zub played from SKA in the KHL, its MHL affiliate is SKA 1946 which has Marat Khusnutdinov, Maxim Krovyakov, and Alexander Gordin among others.

I feel there are some very talented prospects from Russia including Rodion Amirov, Shakir Mukhamadulin, Maxim Groshev, Maxim Beryozkin, Bogdan Trineyev, Alexander Nikishin, Dmitri Ovchinnikov. There are also some solid over age prospects like Danil Gutik, Danil Bashkirov among others.

Check out the MHL to find some interesting prospects for this draft.
Elite Prospects - MHL Stats 2019-2020

Reactions: Sensators

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Dmitri Rashevsky F 6'1 165 lbs is a 2nd time draft eligible that might be worth looking into. He made some massive progress in production from last season to this season. His stats:
MHL 2018-2019: 24 GP 4 G 1 A 5 PTS
MHL 2019-2020: 61 GP 44 G 30 A 74 PTS
Dmitri Rashevsky at eliteprospects.com
Here is a recent playoff game of his where he scored 2 goals, one of which was the OT winner. He wears number 11 in white.He seems like an intelligent player with a strong compete level and it good at pressuring puck carriers. If you want to skip to his goals you can check the scoring summary here:
Junior Hockey League - Almaz - JHC Dynamo SPb | 14 March, 2020, Saturday

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Dmitri Rashevsky F 6'1 165 lbs is a 2nd time draft eligible that might be worth looking into. He made some massive progress in production from last season to this season. His stats:
MHL 2018-2019: 24 GP 4 G 1 A 5 PTS
MHL 2019-2020: 61 GP 44 G 30 A 74 PTS
Dmitri Rashevsky at eliteprospects.com
Here is a recent playoff game of his where he scored 2 goals, one of which was the OT winner. He wears number 11 in white.He seems like an intelligent player with a strong compete level and it good at pressuring puck carriers. If you want to skip to his goals you can check the scoring summary here:
Junior Hockey League - Almaz - JHC Dynamo SPb | 14 March, 2020, Saturday

6'1 165 get that kid some Stroganoff, perogies and into the gym

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
With NHL Prospect shifts shutting down, what's the best site to watch junior games with?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
With NHL Prospect shifts shutting down, what's the best site to watch junior games with?

**** that's horrible news. Was such a great resource for arm-chair scouting.

Was looking forward to doing a ton of shift-by-shift scouting closer to draft time. Too bad.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Depends what you are looking for.

HockeyTV
HockeyTV
It is free until April 6th and has all games from USHL, USNTDP, NAHL, NCDC, AJHL, BCHL and a handful of other secondary leagues. It is normally around $40 per month.

МХЛ
This link has full replays of all MHL games which is the Russian junior league.

WHL Live - Watch Western Hockey League Games Live Online
OHL Live - Watch Ontario Hockey League Games Live Online
QMJHL Live - Watch Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Games Live Online
Those are the links to WHL, OHL and QMJHL live which are each around $40 per month.

If you are looking for USHS-MN or USHS-Prep just search the team on Youtube as there are a number of free games to check out.

I am not sure where people find games for the other European leagues but that should get you going and should give you some free content to check out.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I am not sure where people find games for the other European leagues but that should get you going and should give you some free content to check out.

I watch mine all live from a shady website that I'm probably not allowed to say on here?

But this major European streaming service Telia bought the rights to Finnish Liiga so they've really cracked down on streaming of Liiga games.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
**** that's horrible news. Was such a great resource for arm-chair scouting.

Was looking forward to doing a ton of shift-by-shift scouting closer to draft time. Too bad.

Oh, also most major international tournament games are posted to youtube. A lot of it by this account TaiwanHockey. No idea what the story is there.

Hockey Canada's website also shows streams for all games in tournaments they're involved in, except for games TSN buys the rights to. So at the U17s for instance, every game for every team was available there except for the medal rounds, which TSN aired. They keep the games available for a few months and then they disappear into the ether.

Last edited:

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Any thoughts on Jack Finley? I havn't been able to find much video footage of him from this year. Seems like an interesting pick. I think he was on the second line this year and almost point/game. One of if not the youngest players in the draft. 6'4 center. I really don't know anything about him. He also destroyed the combine apparently.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Any thoughts on Jack Finley? I havn't been able to find much video footage of him from this year. Seems like an interesting pick. I think he was on the second line this year and almost point/game. One of if not the youngest players in the draft. 6'4 center. I really don't know anything about him. He also destroyed the combine apparently.

Love him as early as a 2nd rounder. Huge upside and really just coming into his own. Project, but could be a beast of a pro in 3-4 years.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Depends what you are looking for.

HockeyTV
HockeyTV
It is free until April 6th and has all games from USHL, USNTDP, NAHL, NCDC, AJHL, BCHL and a handful of other secondary leagues. It is normally around $40 per month.

МХЛ
This link has full replays of all MHL games which is the Russian junior league.

WHL Live - Watch Western Hockey League Games Live Online
OHL Live - Watch Ontario Hockey League Games Live Online
QMJHL Live - Watch Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Games Live Online
Those are the links to WHL, OHL and QMJHL live which are each around $40 per month.

If you are looking for USHS-MN or USHS-Prep just search the team on Youtube as there are a number of free games to check out.

I've been using OnHockey to watch games overseas and college hockey.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
In case anyone wanted to watch this again or missed it the first time.

Here are the lines and numbers:
Team White:
Forwards:
11 Lafreniere - 22 Bourque - 24 Jarvis
17 Greig - 18 Zary - 71 Foerster
91 Perfetti - 26 Pytlik - 20 Coe
13 Cuylle - 92 Ponomarev - 42 Francis

Defense:
6 Guhle - 2 Schneider
21 O'Rourke - 23 Thompson
4 Sedoff - 60 Prokop

Team Red: