2020 Hart Trophy - Who should win?

Who should win the 2020 Hart Trophy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
This. Mac almost doubled the next best player on his team. He’d be my Hart for sure.

What more can he possibly do. Robbed 2 years ago "because he had Rantanen", then Mikko misses most of the season and Mack makes a better Hart case even than Hall had. But the best player in the world missed 7 games, so it should default to a second Art Ross? After 2018 nothing would surprise me with the voting so we'll wait and see.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No, that is a flawed sample.

And you stated that the Rangers were surging when the league succumbed to the plague - not that they won 10 games in 2020 with one of their three goalies. Reality does not agree with your statement.

You have reality on your side. I guess that’s the end of discussion.

Your distortion shows your agenda. The team was surging over a larger sample. It coincided with our starting goalie joining the NHL team. Your flawed sample coincides with an injury.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Your distortion shows your agenda. The team was surging over a larger sample. It coincided with our starting goalie joining the NHL team. Your flawed sample coincides with an injury.
Amazing.

Good luck with your team that surging into the break except for that last bit, going into the break.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You stated that he spent the entire season 5 on 5 with 2 players.

The scoring log shows otherwise.

Semantics. He means they were his regular linemates throughout the season. That doesn't mean he doesn't play with other plays on line changes or at the end of games or when things aren't working out perfectly.

They were his two most common linemates by a huge margin and he
spent 700:37 with Strome and 531:55 with Fast out of his 1078:55.

Artemi Panarin - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

By the same token, I would say Miller and Boeser were Pettersson's regular linemates this year as well, and they played a similar amount with him: 721:46 for Miller and 558:37 for Boeser out of 921:46.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Semantics. He means they were his regular linemates throughout the season. That doesn't mean he doesn't play with other plays on line changes or at the end of games or when things aren't working out perfectly.

They were his two most common linemates by a huge margin and he
spent 700:37 with Strome and 531:55 with Fast out of his 1078:55.

Artemi Panarin - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

By the same token, I would say Miller and Boeser were Pettersson's regular linemates this year as well, and they played a similar amount with him: 721:46 for Miller and 558:37 for Boeser out of 921:46.

Far enough but the OP made it out that he played with them all the time, implied of course, and it is not like they are devoid of offensive skillsets

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

K. Then you were surging and making a push for the playoffs because of your starting goalie. Not panarin. Happy now?

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Far enough but the OP made it out that he played with them all the time, implied of course, and it is not like they are devoid of offensive skillsets

I think it was just unintentionally worded too strongly. Strome has some skill, but was cast off from Edmonton, a team dying for depth skill, and hadn't topped 35 points in 4 years. Fast is a botton 6 grinder who has never had more than 33 points in a season. They're some of the worst regular linemates you're going to get as a star player, let alone one who leads the league in 5v5 points. It was pretty impressive what Panarin did

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Its weird but I think Leon had the better season but Mack was most valuable. I hope they split the Hart and Lindsay so they each have something to show for it

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorry, Hart thread. Assumed your conversation actually related to the thread.

It actually is. I said you can't be sure Panarin's team wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

I didn't make an argument though for Panarin winning it. I could make that argument, but that wasn't the point of my response. I'm not trying to respond to everything I could have an opinion on. I picked and chose what I felt the need to respond to, and one of them was pointing out that I think it would be unfair to suggest that Panarin's team wouldn't have made the playoffs over 82 games. The Rangers were surging, while other teams weren't, so the raw point totals or points per game aren't a great barometer. You also have to consider the context surrounding them.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
What more can he possibly do. Robbed 2 years ago "because he had Rantanen", then Mikko misses most of the season and Mack makes a better Hart case even than Hall had. But the best player in the world missed 7 games, so it should default to a second Art Ross? After 2018 nothing would surprise me with the voting so we'll wait and see.

how about actually be within even 10 points of the Art Ross for once

edit: also,people really overrate the whole individual player stats thing with teammates,even with the Oilers having Draisaitl+McDavid the Avs and Rangers both outscored them by 9-12 goals even with the Oilers playing one more game than they did

yeah,having McDavid on your team is nice....you know what else is nice? actually having a Defenseman that can put up more than 30 points

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad