Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Two minutes for being too big.

Bahl physics still in progress.
Eh he had his back to the play while his positioning was perfectly fine. The guy has insane reach and easily could have denied any puck coming into the crease. Instead he turned his back and pushed the guy out of the play for no reason instead of just playing the puck. These are things that are going to get him destroyed at the NHL level.

We saw it a TON with Vatanen all season. The guy has his back to the puck so even though his positioning is fine he can't actually make a play, its the same as a defensive back in football, there's no good outcome from that.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I just looked and the game was the battle of brand new debuting UFA NCAA goalies. Penguins signed Tommy Nappier from Ohio University (to a three year AHL deal!) while we signed Maraks Mitens from Lake Superior State University.

Latvian Legend in the Making
33 saves on 36 shots

Some Loser From the St Louie
16 saves on 21 shots

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Just some thoughts. Vukojevic plays a game that I feel is extremely underrated. He just plays good defense, his positioning and anticipation are good and I would be shocked if that doesn't translate to the NHL level at some point. He isn't a grenade handler and he keeps up with play.

White and Carrick I feel are consistently our worse defensemen which is a huge deal because all of our other guys are rookies. Bahl while taking a really dumb penalty got his first goal, hopefully that gets his confidence going a little bit and reminds him he doesn't have to be a grenade handler.

Good for Greer getting a goal as well. Nate Schnarr actually looked really good, he seemed to play with more urgency and confidence. Hopefully we see more of that, as someone mentioned earlier maybe he's a late developer, and even if not it would be good to have some actual quality players to play with some prospects. I have no clue who St. Denis is paying to let him play on the 2nd line but man Talvitie and Clarke basically are short handed.

Finally Mitens. First off that name slaps. Second off he looked good imo. The first two goals I would say he got left high and dry. The first one was on the PK and much like our NHL version it isn't good. The second one was a SH goal featuring Carrick falling down and a man being left wide open in the slot. The third one I am sure he would like to have back. Still 33 saves on 36 shots when facing 8 powerplays. Great debut imo. Would be nice to see him develop into a solid AHL goalie so we can win some of these games. If he ever makes the NHL in any capacity great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad