Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Damn.
Well if he’s good enough over there we would still hold his rights, right? Draft rights are so confusing and going from USHL to a euro league would obviously be somewhat unusual so idk what the rules are, but I would assume the four year window would apply.

Reactions: Darkauron

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well if he’s good enough over there we would still hold his rights, right? Draft rights are so confusing and going from USHL to a euro league would obviously be somewhat unusual so idk what the rules are, but I would assume the four year window would apply.
Yeah, he wasn’t overaged when we drafted him so he’s good until 2022, I just want this scrappy goalie to get his shot in the AHL.

Europe could 1) be better for him 2) where he wants to develop since he’s Swiss. It was a little jokey but I do kinda love him as a prospect because he’s battled so much against all sorts of setbacks in Juniors, after coming over to NA as a Swiss teen, and found a way to claw back and succeed again.

Cap Friendly has a “Reserve List” if you’re curious about individual players’ signing rights dates. Also that’s where I also learned teams have a 90 player limit to that Reserve List.

New Jersey Devils Reserve List - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Is there any info on how guys like Bahl and Walsh have been playing this year?

Came here to ask the same about Bahl and Okhotyuk. Really hard to get a read on defensive defensemen.

At least I can see that Walsh is putting up points to an extent, but no clue on a guy like Bahl who has 1 point in 19 games and isn’t expected to score much.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I'd rather play in the NLA/SHL....

Hard to imagine Schmid playing in either of those leagues as a 21-year-old; though certainly his past season has at least gotten him back on track.

In terms of his development, it would seem more likely he'd sign a two-way AHL contract with Binghamton (if the Devils still consider him a prospect) and play most of the season in the ECHL.

The NCAA would have been an option had he not played pro hockey in Switzerland and in the WHL. Not sure what the rules are in terms of Europeans in Canada college hockey but can't recall many taking that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad