Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Ugh, another move - it sucks that after 15 years in Albany, they've moved 4 times in the last decade-plus. There's always a few fans from those cities who are left without a team, and the Devils have also not been great tenants in that time either.
The Devils bought the Lowell Lock Monsters and renamed the Lowell Devils in 2006, moved them to Albany in 2010 and them moved to Binghamton in 2016-17.

It’s a little ridiculous that we’re moving again (even without getting into the specifics) but long time AHL like the Hersey Bears and the Rochester Americans are definitely the exceptions.

It does seem like teams are moving and/or switching their AHL affiliations more frequently than ever. A ton of NHL teams moved/switched their AHL affiliates between just 2013-2017, something like ~14 teams, and there were some swaps this season.

The Canucks have to get out of Utica NY though. I don’t even know how a Western Canadian team ended up with a team that’s a 4 hour drive from NYC. (I might be showing my American bias though, they probably fly into Hamilton, Ontario and drive from there.)

Reactions: HBK27

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Leaving Bing while they still have a year left kind of stinks. Moving the AHL squad as much as they have leaves a trail of really good minor hockey cities without a club and angry fans.

Reactions: Ski

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

Whether the Canucks would simply switch affiliations to Binghamton, which is about two hours south of Utica, isn’t known and a comment from the Canucks wasn’t yet available.

Canucks ownership has expressed interest in using the Abbotsford Centre, which was formerly home to the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat, as a base for their AHL team in the past. A number of NHL teams, including the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers, have moved their AHL teams to California in recent years

Vancouver Canucks' AHL affiliate may move from Utica | The Province

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It’s like the offense sputters without Foote. Why did they send him up to the taxi squad when he could have helped in t he AHL?

Because Fitzgerald. Our roster management never learns from its mistakes.
Wha... Foote presumably is making his NHL debut soon. This game is more important than that? The other AHL players can score too. We won 6-3 without Foote.

Damn, I didn’t know beating the Hersey Bears in the 2020-21 AHL Scrimmage Series Season was that important to people. Schnarr and Zetterlund scored, so that line is apparently rolling. (And Martel scored.)

Senn’s not having a strong season, the defense isn’t helping but still that’s a bit disappointing because he’s 25 years old.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese