Prospect Info: 2020-21 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Wha... Foote presumably is making his NHL debut soon. This game is more important than that? The other AHL players can score too. We won 6-3 without Foote.

Damn, I didn’t know beating the Hersey Bears in the 2020-21 AHL Scrimmage Series Season was that important to people. Schnarr and Zetterlund scored, so that line is apparently rolling. (And Martel scored.)

Senn’s not having a strong season, the defense isn’t helping but still that’s a bit disappointing because he’s 25 years old.
We are icing a historically young NHL roster in a tailspin but yeah lets call up Foote to "give him a look" and have him get completely overwhelmed like every other player who got the call up here this season. He barley has any pro experience and he sat and watched the game today instead of getting more experience playing in an actual game...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
We are icing a historically young NHL roster in a tailspin but yeah lets call up Foote to "give him a look" and have him get completely overwhelmed like every other player who got the call up here this season. He barley has any lro experience and he say and watched the game today instead of getting more experience.
Ok

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Wow I guess what goes around comes around. I was a Utica Devils season ticket holder and a current Utica Comets season ticket holder. I watched Marty Brodeur play his first professional season and Slava Fetisov play his one and only AHL game.

I have mixed emotions on the apparent news. Vancouver has been a good NHL partner while giving our small city a second chance at AHL hockey after a 20 year absence but it doesn't really make sense for them to keep their farm team on the other side of the continent. While I'm happy that it appears our stay in the AHL will continue beyond the inevitable Canucks departure I'm disappointed that it will come at the expense of Binghamton which has been a great hockey community for years.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Thought something was up since Dennehy has not worn any Binghamton gear this season going back to camp.

With the decision to play in Barnabas this season and with only one remaining season left in Binghamton and possible autumnal Covid resurgence/booster shots, I thought Binghamton might start next season in Newark anyway and just drag it out for the season regardless of any Covid improvement.

Lippolis got to fill in for Matty this week. Rob is a native Binghamtonian. Tom Mitchell found out Wednesday. I wonder when Rob found out and how he feels about it.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Wow I guess what goes around comes around. I was a Utica Devils season ticket holder and a current Utica Comets season ticket holder. I watched Marty Brodeur play his first professional season and Slava Fetisov play his one and only AHL game.

I have mixed emotions on the apparent news. Vancouver has been a good NHL partner while giving our small city a second chance at AHL hockey after a 20 year absence but it doesn't really make sense for them to keep their farm team on the other side of the continent. While I'm happy that it appears our stay in the AHL will continue beyond the inevitable Canucks departure I'm disappointed that it will come at the expense of Binghamton which has been a great hockey community for years.

Who are your beat reporters? Any besides Ben Birnell @OD_Birnell?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Thought something was up since Dennehy has not worn any Binghamton gear this season going back to camp.

With the decision to play in Barnabas this season and with only one remaining season left in Binghamton and possible autumnal Covid resurgence/booster shots, I thought Binghamton might start next season in Newark anyway and just drag it out for the season regardless of any Covid improvement.

Lippolis got to fill in for Matty this week. Rob is a native Binghamtonian. Tom Mitchell found out Wednesday. I wonder when Rob found out and how he feels about it.
I remember you mentioning the part about Dennehy not wearing the team gear and now this is sort of head-spinning.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I remember you mentioning the part about Dennehy not wearing the team gear and now this is sort of head-spinning.

Well he's worn NJD stuff all season so I thought maybe he was gunning for an assistant gig with the big club, but the more I thought about it I just thought he didn't like the Bing logo. Then I thought maybe he just doesn't want to go back to Binghamton?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Brandon Gignac last played 4/9 and was put on reserve on 4/10. ECHL reserve doesn't necessarily mean injury, but it could, if it's not LTIR which is 14 days or more.

1766122 PIM+1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Colby Sissons ECHL

24512178 PIM-1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
David Quenneville AHL (not getting ECHL games)

4 PIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ

Wow, glad that we’ll have a man on the inside! And hopefully the Devils have found a long term affiliate in Utica, instead of the usual moving routine.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
"Mitchell would not get into the details of the demands made by the Devils."

Anyone see what these demands actually are? I'm curious if they were actually reasonable or not.
That being said it's more a shame to me they are going back to Utica when we have a perfectly great arena in Trenton sitting empty so many nights of the year. I'd rather see them give back to the state with new jobs and revenue for Trenton than Utica but it definitely won't happen.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Anyone see what these demands actually are? I'm curious if they were actually reasonable or not.
That being said it's more a shame to me they are going back to Utica when we have a perfectly great arena in Trenton sitting empty so many nights of the year. I'd rather see them give back to the state with new jobs and revenue for Trenton than Utica but it definitely won't happen.

$50k in small unmarked bills, the release of people wrongly imprisoned for smuggling macadamia nuts and a getaway car.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ

That would be awesome if hockey was back in Trenton. I know I would definitely catch a few minor league games a year if that were the case. Unfortunately Trenton seems to get screwed as always, just like the Yankees did to them.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
That would be awesome if hockey was back in Trenton. I know I would definitely catch a few minor league games a year if that were the case. Unfortunately Trenton seems to get screwed as always, just like the Yankees did to them.

It must be a capitol city thing. Albany also years ago screwed over by the Yankees, screwed by the Devils with 2 departures then a few other ways with how they operate, then recently the Capital Region was screwed over by MLB and the Houston Astros. We still have good hockey at the ECHL and NCAA DI levels, a new NLL team, and still have indoor football unless the NAL folds to lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad