Speculation: 2020-2021 General Lightning Discussion - Defending Champions Edition: Part 2

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This team has such a great blend of experienced vets who bring a lot of leadership and young guns.

Point - 25
Vasi - 26
Cernak - 23
Cirelli - 23
Serg - 22
Colton - 24

Hedman and Kuch will age like a fine wine as well and still be huge impact players in their 30's

Reactions: Discipline and Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For those of you who can handle Kyper...

It's funny to hear the surprise still in their voices when they talk about Point.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Random stat dump given our situation. Since 2014 (excluding bubble):

Lightning are getting outscored 26-35 at home in game 1s. They are 2-8, with the wins coming against the Red Wings in 2016 and Devils in 2018.

On the flip side, the Lightning are 4-1 in road game 1s (2-0 this year), outscoring opponents 13-9. The lone loss was to the Rangers in 2015.

The good news is the Lightning are 6-3 at home game 2s. They have yet to win a series where they trailed 0-2 going on the road, getting swept twice by the Canadiens and Blue Jackets, and losing to the Capitals in 7.

So... Next one is a big one, the Lightning have always sucked in home game 1s, and water is wet.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think we have the best goalie, defenseman, and winger in the game. And while we don't have the best center, we have a hell of a group of centers, and Point is in the top handful of centers come playoff time anyway.
Vinik is probably the best owner in the league. In a couple of years BriseBois will be considered among the best GM's in the league. Not to talk about Al Murray. It's not fair really.

Reactions: DFC and Coopers Gum

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Not following this series, I am a Leaf fan, and a Habs fan. Doing, well, just watching some real good hockey.

First off, who the heck is this coach behind the Tampa team

He just seems a bit more cerebral, than anyone else there.

Not much of a playing career, but man, can he bring in results.

Losing Espo, and losing Yzerman, and this team doesn't miss a beat.

The Tampa Bay Rays, how the heck do they do it.

Something in the water, or air.....

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Bumping this thread. Go Bolts baby, enjoy it everyone. It doesn’t get any better than this for sports fans like us. 15 years ago I never would have thought I could be THIS happy, this obsessed, about the Tampa Bay Lightning. In 2004 I was fortunate to be at game 7. But I didn’t know the roster like I do now. I didn’t know the NHL like I do now. I acknowledge this board for being partially responsible for that and many on here that know the game better than me.

This is what great ownership and management does. Flips a market. This is a hockey town now. I’m proof of that.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad