B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
When Crookshank joins after his quarantine, we should see some top six line changes:

Formenton - Shaw - Sokolov
Crookshank - Kastelic - Kelly

Abramov, L Brown, and Novak (assuming he follows Crookshank) could end up in the top six mix.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He has a pretty hard slap shot, he should just wind up & let it go a few times & people will soon learn to get the hell out of the way. How hard is it to head fake one way & go the other?
That's what he does, he just shoots, the same way Ceci did. Most go into shinpads. It 's harder when decisions don't come naturally and you need an extra second to figure out what to do.

Reactions: Icelevel

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Can anyone who watches the games explain what's going on with Formenton? I can only see his stats, which are not great... especially compared to last year, where he was one of the most productive players in the AHL. Did losing Norris change that much, is Formenton just sucking, or is Belleville as a whole really just that bad?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can anyone who watches the games explain what's going on with Formenton? I can only see his stats, which are not great... especially compared to last year, where he was one of the most productive players in the AHL. Did losing Norris change that much, is Formenton just sucking, or is Belleville as a whole really just that bad?

That would be more this. I watched the first 4 games but haven't since, prefer to watch horror movies. Defense is not watchable, thank God they had some pretty solid goaltending (even when they give up 5+ goals)

Reactions: JohnLennon

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

He is still getting 1 or 2 breakaways a game which is crazy but he hasn't been able to close the deal much.

Seems recently he busted out of his 0-fer slump so I think he will be able to pick it up but the reality is that he doesn't have the same skill level around him to create plays. No more easy assists with Bath/Brown/Brann around driving play and as we know, having a D that isn't great at moving the puck has a huge impact on offensive players.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
He is still getting 1 or 2 breakaways a game which is crazy but he hasn't been able to close the deal much.

Seems recently he busted out of his 0-fer slump so I think he will be able to pick it up but the reality is that he doesn't have the same skill level around him to create plays. No more easy assists with Bath/Brown/Brann around driving play and as we know, having a D that isn't great at moving the puck has a huge impact on offensive players.
Guess it illustrates Formenton isn't particularly the type of player that can drive the offense or even drive a line, but is still a highly skilled and speedy complementary piece. But I guess most people knew that. I had just been hoping he could take another step offensively this season, but again, tough to have that expectation when you look at the team around him!

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Guess it illustrates Formenton isn't particularly the type of player that can drive the offense or even drive a line, but is still a highly skilled and speedy complementary piece. But I guess most people knew that. I had just been hoping he could take another step offensively this season, but again, tough to have that expectation when you look at the team around him!

He's a Jason Chimera kind of player. He's big, fast as hell, has underrated skill and is a beast on the PK and forecheck.

He's not gonna be the main offensive piece on any line he plays on, but good chance he's just as important to the teams success as those higher end skill players. Just a perfect complimentary player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's a Jason Chimera kind of player. He's big, fast as hell, has underrated skill and is a beast on the PK and forecheck.

He's not gonna be the main offensive piece on any line he plays on, but good chance he's just as important to the teams success as those higher end skill players. Just a perfect complimentary player.
I agree with this & if they were to put Formenton with Stutzle & Batherson two very good playmakers who need some defensive help, the speedy Formenton could be that guy who is a pain in the arse to play against. He has the speed to keep up with Stutzle & Batherson & get back quickly on D, he has the size to win some board battles & steal pucks with his reach & he has enough offensive skill to put the puck in the net. While he can't drive the line he can certainly finish plays from the two playmakers, I think they would be a good fit.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

Yah I see a very good 35- 45 pt third liner who misses scoring on like 30 breakaways every season.

Reactions: cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Yah I see a very good 35- 45 pt third liner who misses scoring on like 30 breakaways every season.

Different position, but he'll probably be used like Chris Kelly was. Can plug and play on any of the 4 lines comfortably and contribute to special teams.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Different position, but he'll probably be used like Chris Kelly was. Can plug and play on any of the 4 lines comfortably and contribute to special teams.

I see him more as an Antoine Vermette who doesn't play center but a lot more of an abrasive game.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
How has Lassi Thomson been? Points wise he seems to be doing alright for a 20 year old playing for the first time in the AHL, but how has he looked defensively?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How has Lassi Thomson been? Points wise he seems to be doing alright for a 20 year old playing for the first time in the AHL, but how has he looked defensively?
Troy Mann has mentioned his questionable decision making in two separate interviews about 2 weeks apart. Says he has good tools and has been forced to play up the lineup due to other injuries.. that last bit was a couple weeks ago. I think there is an interview posted not too far back.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
So .. I think the only thing the Sens can/should do with Brown is be patient. I get Brown thinks he should be up vs down.. but if he sees the other side a bit I think he could get on board with a plan if he can stay healthy.. that seems to be a MAJOR hurdle for both parties.

yeah, his golden moment of trying to (sort of) force his way on the team and the timing of the team by default almost needing him due to injury/performance etc is passing.
He couldn’t even stay healthy/bust his ass for the one week that could have made his career.
I think he could have got up to Ottawa and made it work - now the glow has faded and public support has turned.
The only thing he can do at this point is shut up, get healthy, and play hard.
Personally I don’t think we get much for him, so don’t bother trading him, he will either work out here or not.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I see him more as an Antoine Vermette who doesn't play center but a lot more of an abrasive game.

Wasnt comparing Formenton to Kelly at all, very different players. More speaking to the fact they can/could play on any of the 4 lines and be affective. Hyman like

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Mandolese is in nets tonight as the B-Sens take on the Marlies. Thomson, who sustained a minor injury in Belleville's previous game, is set to go.

Not in the line-up tonight: Angus Crookshank, Zach Magwood, Logan Brown, Jack Kopacka, Robert Calisti, Oliver Leblanc, Colby Williams, Merrick Rippon and Jonathan Aspirot.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad