Jan 16, 2009
7362.jpg

2nd star
Logan Brown (#21)
Belleville Senators
G: 1 | A: 1

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Another solid performance by Douglas. He has continued to improve and worked hard to keep getting looks in the lineup. He has created scoring chances in pretty much every game he has been in and now has 4 points in 9 games. He also showed no hesitation in his willingness to drop the gloves with Baddock after Baddock had that big hit on Cassels. The refs broke it up and didn't allow them to fight but it was still good that Douglas was ready to go with someone as tough as Baddock to stand up for his teammate.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
My (limited) thoughts on the game:

Lassi Tompson: Bad defensively (at least in the first period). He's a lightweight that can't handle bigger forwards. He's decent as a PP QB but nothing special. I am way down on his chances to make it in the NHL.

Logan Brown: Smooth with the puck and created lots of chances for his line. I get the feeling it always has to be a highlight reel play with Brown. He needs to get dirty. There's not a lot of intensity and I wish he had Formenton's speed. He's definitely at his best on the PP.

Sokolov: Lots of hustle and hunger in his game. Has that great shot. Not a very graceful player; his skating might be a touch nicer than Stone's when Stone was in the AHL.

Sogaard: Love those long legs. Thought he was pretty solid. He's calm and composed in the net but I question his mobility. Much like Murray, he takes up a lot of the net but doesn't move super quick.

Douglas: Beautiful pass to Beaudin for the Sens second goal. I like how he stood up for Cassels in the first period too.

Greig: Didn't notice him much but saw him getting some PP time late in the third. I have to admit that I didn't watch every minute of the game.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For Brown it will likely have to be the last game at home vs the Leafs if he gets one. Giving Brown a game to accomplish what? I would give one to Soks for the year he had ... and to give him a taste. Brown has had a taste and really has not done enough to be rewarded .. so it would be to say they did but it seems like too little to late for that . Will Brown be happy they gave him the last game of the year .. will DJ be able to evaluate his play in one game? Its kind of like an olive branch but not sure it carries much for anyone.
It’s 100% an olive branch to Brown.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jake Lucchini is a weird guy. I watched the last 2 Rocket games and he could have scored 8 goals easily... He's been really dangerous in those 2 games. He's 25 y/o, never drafted but looking at his stats, really nothing special, in college too. Maybe he caught a genie in a bottle but often when I watch the Rocket, he's one of their most dangerous forwards, but don't get much done I guess.

Logan Brown: Smooth with the puck and created lots of chances for his line. I get the feeling it always has to be a highlight reel play with Brown. He needs to get dirty. There's not a lot of intensity and I wish he had Formenton's speed. He's definitely at his best on the PP.

Logan Brown with Formenton's speed would be ridiculously good, a NHL star without a doubt

And if only people could forget the word "intensity" with Logan Brown, that'll never be his game. He's a pure finesse/skill guy. Remember Spezza back in the days, or Bobby Ryan more recently. These guys are always looking to create time and space by "threading the needle" or with the cycle game. Also, look at Chabot, he's not "intense at all, he's a smooth operator but he doesn't receive as near the same criticism because his skating is elite. Brown, Ryan, Spezza don't/didn't have that luxury. Their game is all around their passing, IQ and overall skill

Logan maybe just doesn't fit the way the Sens want to play. But his biggest probelm by far is that he absolutely needs to stay healthy for a long stretch.

Wrong team.
Umm.. What?

My bad! Really didn't say that on purpose :innocent:

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Why do they keep calling Sokolov "IGOR"? It's YEGOR. Like Sharangovich and Chinakhov. Igor is a different name.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
The B-sens knocked off the best team in the AHL last night, making it 3 straight on the Toronto/Montreal road trip.

Now imagine - assuming the return of Abramov, Kelly and Aspirot and the addition of Jarventie - what they will do against lesser competition on the final six-game homestand.

Would love to see the B-sens end the season a perfect 9-0. But 8-1 or 7-2 would be impressive too!

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Finally took the plunge and will AHL TV for rest of season...looking forward to providing random commentary on games with zero context.

"Nice shot"
"Nice save"
"Nice pass"

I bought the home package at the beginning of the season. Onhockey.tv has games this year so easy to get the away games

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I made a post prior that was deleted cause of HF's weird refresh bs.

Belleville for stretches dominated. Wow, was it fun to watch them. It was like watching Ottawa 2.0 with their recent play and waves of attack, depth etc.

Logan Brown was the best I have seen him play. His hustle past few games are uncharacteristic of the Brown I have come to know. Might be good to reward him but if he keeps this up, he will definitely have an NHL future. Just needs to stay healthy. Sokolov best b-sens player. I've documented him enough. Props to Mann or whoever responsible for the defense. They were a tire-fire early in the season but their gap control has been stellar of late. Thomson had a rough first half of the 1st period, but was steady rest of the way in all 3 zones, he saved a goal too, which I believe was off his turnover.

Soogard was good until their goal late in the 3rd; looked very shaky afterwards--Laval tied the game but didn't count.

Greig was so impressive. The guy was physically capable and made excellent area passes and plays under pressure. I was so impressed multiple times; he'd get pinned to the boards and make a great pass regardless somehow. Liked what I saw from Crookshank and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad