WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Canada has help on the way in Jost and PLD....and we get????? come on guys, someone step up!

also too many young RFA's this year - Connor, M. Tkachuk, Boeser, Werenski, etc...

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Canada has help on the way in Jost and PLD....and we get????? come on guys, someone step up!

also too many young RFA's this year - Connor, M. Tkachuk, Boeser, Werenski, etc...
Nobody, we complain about young guys, but take in mind nobody of those you mentioned are headed to play anyway, maybe Connor, but most likely there won’t be superstar players next year. So this polemics are pointless.
Nobody comes for sure, the will register 3rd goalie and Wolanin tomorrow and keep on open spot that won’t be filled. That’s it.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Nothing positive to take from that one.

Blashill needs to work on the breakout and defensive zone coverage in practice. That's it. If he's working on anything else, I'm not sure what he's watching.

Hopefully a wakeup call for the team.

If the US does fix the breakout and zone coverage then they have a chance. Hoping that the horrible game was just a 2nd exhibition game. The Finland game will be an indication if they truly worked out some kinks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do we have any news or rumors on Seth Jones yet? I know there are a ton of issues to fix, but we have looked better in the round robin recently than we have in the more meaningful knockout rounds, so getting it handed to us yesterday might actually be good in the long run. Still I would like to get the last two add over quickly if possible.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Do we have any news or rumors on Seth Jones yet? I know there are a ton of issues to fix, but we have looked better in the round robin recently than we have in the more meaningful knockout rounds, so getting it handed to us yesterday might actually be good in the long run. Still I would like to get the last two add over quickly if possible.
He said he doesn’t think so, there was like 10% chance of him coming.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Its your turn Mr.Hughes. Kakko really push Jack at the moment. It would be nice to see Jack in big apple but i still want to see American nro.1 overall. I want to see dominating team perfomance tomorrow. No excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

Blashill must be drunk. Vatrano is still 13. forward and Skjei-Hanifin pair is still together. Shocking. Least some changes in lines. Demko starts and Wolanin is in.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Yeah, why not disgust young player for Glendening, who will never play again after Blashill.

Vatrano goal now :D

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
As a Kings fan it is sad to see how bad Alec Martinez is these days. In 2014 playoffs he was really important piece for Kings when they won second cup. Vatrano least got some minutes today. Skjei-Hanifin is not what i want to see but least there is rotation now because Wolanin is playing.

Eichel was pretty good against Slovakia IMO, but now with Johnny i expect points from both of them. Maybe it is silly to say something like this but i really think Hughes need to work his shot and finishing. Amazing skillset and vision but could score more goals with better finishing.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
This team still no effort at all, when France improved they were almost better team than USA, this is worrying.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Bad habits returned in second period. Least last 10 minutes was again better and also Kaner looked better already. Demko is excellent and should play tomorrow. I think we need him in goal against Finland. Eichel and Gaudreau need to be much better. My honest opinion is that Fox has been best D against Slovakia and also today. Maybe i am only one but D is not really good. We knew that but it has been even worse.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Fourth line was always much better when Vatrano played. Demko and Fox was excellent. Otherwise again too many guys was really frustrated and specially first ten minutes in second period was shameful effort. Even Larkin was really frustrated today. Tomorrow they need full 60 minutes. Demko should start in goal for sure. I also liked that Wolanin played today. He was not great but i think it is good that there is another option. Eichel also need his opening goal. Many good things today from him but also some really forced plays. Gaudreau also need to be better tomorrow.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Is there anything teams like USA and Canada can do to give incentives for more NHLers to come play in the worlds? I'm sure pride of playing for your country is a big one but it doesn't seem to get many players over.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is there anything teams like USA and Canada can do to give incentives for more NHLers to come play in the worlds? I'm sure pride of playing for your country is a big one but it doesn't seem to get many players over.
for the US, this is the best offensive group we have ever brought. defense is missing that final piece and obviously in net, but Demko could be that kid ready to shine next year. I would take this tpe of team each and every year, likely as good as it will get.

looking at this draft and all those USNDP kids going top 15 will benefit down the road as well..those kids will be representing us at the NHL level as well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The U.S got a real good turnout this year, I know it's far from the norm but nothing to complain about this year. On paper this team should be at least a co favourite with the roster they managed to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad