WJC: 2019 Slovakia Roster Talk

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He's been really good this year though
Yup, but there is always a favour for players in orange development program over others. That’s why you see all 3 goaltenders are selected from there this year. Unless their is outstanding numbers in large amount of games, they will not be selected. Maybe next year for him. Still, I’m not worried about goalie situation, the most important thing for us is our top forwards and dman scoring at a pace to keep up with top teams

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Yup, but there is always a favour for players in orange development program over others. That’s why you see all 3 goaltenders are selected from there this year. Unless their is outstanding numbers in large amount of games, they will not be selected. Maybe next year for him. Still, I’m not worried about goalie situation, the most important thing for us is our top forwards and dman scoring at a pace to keep up with top teams
That's what's frustrating. There are IMO better goalies this year, than some of the ones in the Orange development program

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Has anyone been cut? And where can I find the NA invites?
You can see the full roster here.

The team is already without Juraj Ovecka, Juraj Stefanka, Matus Havrila, Jakub Köver, Jakub Urbanek and Filip Čenka who have been the first cuts.
5 more players will be cut after pre-tournament game with Canada, very likely 3 forwards and 2 defensemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterMatt25

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Best to have tempered expectations , even with the better roster players than usual. Goaltending and D will determine alot.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia

The team is already without Juraj Ovecka, Juraj Stefanka, Matus Havrila, Jakub Köver, Jakub Urbanek and Filip Čenka who have been the first cuts.
5 more players will be cut after pre-tournament game with Canada, very likely 3 forwards and 2 defensemen.
My guess is Cajkovic, Giertl and Regenda will be cut from forwards. While Dlugos and Golian will be cut from Defense. But of course that could change with good performances in exhibition games.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal

Thanks!

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Well The Hockey News consider Slovakia to be a prime candidate for relegation:
The Slovaks are considered a prime candidate for relegation, but there is enough talent on the roster for a surprise victory and the chance to play spoiler.

WJC Preview: Slovakia prepares to embark on Mission: Improbable - TheHockeyNews

That's kinda ridiculous given that we haven't played in the relegation games since the new QF format was introduced and we have definitely had worse teams in the last few years...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
2-1 SO loss to Czechs. Our goal was scored by Fehervary from Hrehorcak and Roman.
Lineup for the game was:

Liska Roman Hrehorcak
Balaz Kollar Fafrak
Giertl Pospisil Regenda
Okuliar Kukuca Cajkovic

Fehervary-Ivan
Dlugos-Demo
Golian-Svec
Kupec-Boldizar

Sklenár

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Well The Hockey News consider Slovakia to be a prime candidate for relegation:

WJC Preview: Slovakia prepares to embark on Mission: Improbable - TheHockeyNews

That's kinda ridiculous given that we haven't played in the relegation games since the new QF format was introduced and we have definitely had worse teams in the last few years...

Yes, that statement is a nonsense. Both Kazakhstan and Denmark from the other group are teams the Slovaks should beat. They are not bad, had a solid game tonight against the Czechs.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Haven't seen him play before. Is he a rough player? EP says he had 253 PIMs last year. I figured that was an error.
Yes he has a temper as the user above stated and he plays the game very on edge. He won’t back away from any scrums either, and is a good hitter.
It is not an error in stats, it’s funny I wonder what his points would be if he played each game fully. Would be pretty good as he put up good numbers and seemed to receive a game misconduct close to every game.

Reactions: smitty10

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Dissapointed with Slovakia so far, I know this is exhibition but the skill level just seems very low for Slovakia this year... constantly turning the puck over in their zone, very slow break-out and skating.

Very unlike Slovakia at any level, couldn't believe it

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Dissapointed with Slovakia so far, I know this is exhibition but the skill level just seems very low for Slovakia this year... constantly turning the puck over in their zone, very slow break-out and skating.

Very unlike Slovakia at any level, couldn't believe it
Both game they've rested a group of their top players. Game one it was Ruzicka and Krivosik, game 2 it was pretty much everyone else. When they all play together it'll be better. The breakout will look better with Fehervary and Ruzicka will look better when he's playing with more talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad