2nd: Hugo Has
2nd: Protas
3rd: Seidem
4th: Myllyla
5th: Jentzsch
5th: Guskov
6th: Bongiovanni
7th: Caulfield
I like it. ( who else is going to pretend like they know all these players besides Dach? Lol) Also why on this board do we make new threads for the same topics and lock the older ones? I've always wondered that? @The Zetterberg Era

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I like it. ( who else is going to pretend like they know all these players besides Dach? Lol) Also why on this board do we make new threads for the same topics and lock the older ones? I've always wondered that? @The Zetterberg Era

Whenever a thread hits 1000 posts they close it and move to another one. Not sure of what the reasoning is.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Whenever a thread hits 1000 posts they close it and move to another one. Not sure of what the reasoning is.
Yes, I've always wondered why? I've never seen this on any other board. It wasn't a criticism just a general question.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The reasoning is a 1000 posts, I think it is the size of the threads at some point. It allows them to delete threads after a set period of time once close and keep the sizing correct. I know when we first switched a year or so back in terms of server and look we were told it wasn't important anymore, but all of a sudden heard a little later to still try and keep it around 1000. To be honest I have never really asked for direct confirmation, just something we have always done. I think you will notice sometimes we let it go for a little bit, but with an entire day since the last post and it over 1000 I felt it was a decent time to change.

Not the most fascinating stuff, but that is the best I can offer explanation wise.

This did just remind me of conversations with Fugu where she would get after me about occasionally I don't even know why we do certain things...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
It really feels like the blackhawks would be willing to trade #3 for some youngish forward help immediately before kane and toews are done. I wonder if something centered around Mantha+2 2nds for #3 overall would work? Am I crazy off on the value here?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It really feels like the blackhawks would be willing to trade #3 for some youngish forward help immediately before kane and toews are done. I wonder if something centered around Mantha+2 2nds for #3 overall would work? Am I crazy off on the value here?
It's sounds to much

Reactions: hkydave04

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
1: Cozens/Dach
2: Thomson/Korczak
2: Alexandrov
2: Cajkovic
3: Brinkman
4: Murray
5: Bergeron
5: Your turn Hakan
6: Your turn Hakan
7: Your turn Hakan
Al Murray for a 4th rounder and Patrice Bergeron for a 5th? Yzerman is the early front-runner for GM of the year! ;)

Reactions: Larkin1578

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
As much as I like Mantha, I'd probably do it. If we can snag two really high end players in this draft, say Byram and Turcotte/Dach, that would be huge.

Although with #3 and #6 I'd kick the tires with NY and go for Kaako.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Where are you getting this feeling? And that price seems fair.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I don't think they can afford him, it would pretty much force DeBrincat off the team at some point. Keep in mind they need to keep some money for him in that future outlook. Chicago should be very interested in the top 3 money control in terms of that asset. They should be able to get him to the NHL the next year. I know there is a shortening window, but I don't really see them being impatient, you would have to offer a lot and I think that is a lot, but still can the Hawks afford to add Mantha going into a contract year and becoming a 6 or 7 million plus player?

I also would hate to have been this patient with Mantha and waive goodbye right as he becomes an amazing goal scoring winger for the next half decade.

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
Where are you getting this feeling? And that price seems fair.

Recent article in the athletic by one of the Hawks writers. Said they’re looking for more immediate opposed to Byram who might not step in right away. I highly doubt they trade the pick just thought it was something interesting to discuss

Reactions: lidstromiscool

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
WayyyyY too Much! No to trading Mantha to move up 3 spots, that's insane.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
After watching Mantha dominate at the World Championships (albeit playing against lesser competition most of the tíme) and play with the kind of passion that the fans want to see from him on a nightly basis, while flashing some high-end skill (backhand saucer assist, one timers, his first goal against Germany) I would be very torn if we made a move like this. Obviously, you don't know if Mantha plays like this next year, but I think that a lot of his consistency issues had something to do with how bad this team was. Given the improvement of our young players, Mantha might start hitting that next level that we hoped for since the day he was drafted. Although, getting Byram+Turcotte/Dach would certainly be a great move to become a future contender. Swap Mantha for AA and I'm all in.

Reactions: hkydave04

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Going to be funny when Yzerman drafts both of Adam Foote’s sons.

Nugget910

Oct 4, 2017
I think Brinkman would be a good mid round pick. Maybe take a flyer on Tyler's cousin late.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
1: Kriby Dach/Trevor Zegras (C)
2: Samuel Fagemo (W)
2: Robert Mastrosimone (C)
2: Artemi Knyazev (D)
3: Ethan Keppen D)
4: Luka Burzan (C)
5: Justin Bergeron (D)
5: Ilya Konovalov (G)
6: Kristian Tanus (C/W)
7: Amir Garayev (F)

It would seem as though I've got an affinity for players that didn't get selected last year so this "Mock Selection" may be a bit of a stretch, I'm not sure any team would draft 5 players after their D+1 seaons. Just to explain the rationale behind some of them:
  • Fagemo had a D+1 season that was comparable to that to a players taken in the top 15, if he's there at 35 I really hope we snag him as he is worthy of being a top 20 selection.
  • Burzan had a disappointing draft year but he was excellent this season. He finished 2nd on the Wheat Kings in scoring and he had excellent numbers at ES, I'd expect a D+2 season similar to Justin Almeida from the 2018 draft.
  • Bergeron had good numbers last season and had an even better season this year while being just 1 or 2 days away from being first time eligible this season. While production is not as predictive for defenceman as it is for forwards it is still somewhat predictive in how likely a Junior player is to reach the NHL. Given his age and the past 2 seasons, I think he would be excellent value in the later rounds.
  • Konoalov was a starter in the KHL at 20 years old and was extremely successful; his team did appear to be a defensive powerhouse as they were in the top 5 of GA in the KHL so his stats may be inflated a bit. Given his previous years stats in the MHL and his KHL numbers this season I think he has a shot to be at least a 1B in the NHL relatively soon.
  • Tanus broke the all time scoring record by a u-20 player in the Metis as well as the point per game record. He is small but he has produced at every level and I think this season shows he can play and succeed against men.
In the end this is all for fun; from my stat watching and looking at historical comparables it seems to be a bit of a down year for European prospects, at least once you get outside of the top 62. There are just a handful of guys that I'd be happy selecting outside of the top 60, though players do fall so if someone like Honka is available in the 3rd that changes things. I think that the lack of intriguing first time eligible players is reflected in my selections but it may also just be a draft that has a lot of good 2nd/3rd time eligible players.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’ve been looking at this kid as a Euro sleeper for awhile: Nikola Pasic at eliteprospects.com

Caught my eye at the U18s last year. Had a productive season and spent some time in the SHL. No clue where he projects to go, but could be a good gamble.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I’ve been looking at this kid as a Euro sleeper for awhile: Nikola Pasic at eliteprospects.com

Caught my eye at the U18s last year. Had a productive season and spent some time in the SHL. No clue where he projects to go, but could be a good gamble.

Does Hakan sit on the board for Linkoping or Frolunda? I think it is one of those two but I can never remember and I am not having any luck with google right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad