OT: 2019 nCov (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Des masques destinés au Canada détournés vers d'autres pays?

Yesterday, the US stole masks that were ordered by France...they paid 3 times the price to get the mask.
And now they did it to Canada too...

f*** You f***ing U.S.A.
the problem isn't the USA, I would do the same.

The problem is companies not respecting their contracts. They should be banned from fulfilling Canadian contracts when this is all said and done.

And in the future Canada needs to make sure some of these medical equipments can be produced locally, maybe by companies like Bauer that are already changing their production lines to medical products, or nationalise some of it,

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This data is compiled daily by the visualization experts at the Financial Times.

If you look at the upper part of the graph, the good news is that other two worse outbreaks besides the US, namely Italy and Spain -- they are now seeing their daily death tolls, plateauing. You can see both Italy's and Spain's lines getting flat.

Now, if you look at the US, it has the worst outbreak of any country. The US has not only the most cases on the planet by far, if you look at the trajectory of their curve, that's the US's death rate right now and it is headed almost straight up, with no relief in sight. It is not under control.

FWRNGxI.jpg

We look like we're having a plateauing in Canada. What is being done right?

Everyone is just behind Italy and spain.

US actually has had 2 weeks of drops in their % increase day by day. Right now they have the right momentum, they need to keep it going though.

Deaths also lag behind cases. So US will be where Italy was 1 week ago in about 2 weeks.

Unless the rest of the US starts getting exponential growth I actually believe they have turned the corner. Again this requires that the US keeps its momentum and that outside of the NJ/NY hotbed things don't blow up.

They still have 3-4 weeks of higher and higher numbers to deal with like Italy had the last 2 weeks.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Gotta love the US handling the pandemic like absolute clowns then stealing stuff all over the place when they’re already ****** anyway thanks to their pathetic leader.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

What does he even think the ship was used for? It's not clear. Do he even know or is it not even clear to himself?

There seems to be a bunch of those people that flat out disbelieve anything in the U.S. If you don't even have a semblance of theory how can you act on something so dramatically? Even more than being reckless and dangerous, it's just illogical.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I honestly can't stand hearing people saying that they are "bored", "losing their gains", "can't see friends", etc. If these are your problems then you're f'ing good, bro. It's only been a couple of weeks, lol, man up. Do something good, whether personal education or looking beyond yourself and helping others within your own personal safety level.

Amen to that!
I read a comment like that on here the other day. A comparison made to prison. :facepalm:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Chirping about UMPC having a viable vaccine going on right now!

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
As a montreal native, I've been very attentive to our current situation and thank all those that give updates.

As per sante montreal, they have added age breakdown as of Mar. 31. I've roughly categorized the age groups just to give an idea of those affected, grouping the young and then subsequently going 10yr intervals for our elderly.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Santé Montréal

0-39 = 42%
40-59 = 33%
60-69 = 12%
70-79 = 7%
80+ = 6%

we all know that the majority of fatalities are predominately our seniors, yet they are only 13% (70+) of positive cases. it's the younger generation that is most infected ( 0-59 = 75%). This is the group that has best chance of survival but also the group that is the cause of the spread and killing our parents and grandparents.

I hope our younger generation that felt invincible and had a great spring break but disregarded basic safety measures will recognize that they their selfish and irresponsible behavior has contributed to the deaths of their own parents and grandparents, at the very least. Also for those elderly snowbirds that violated quarantine protocols, are equally to blame.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He was cooperative with the police.
Les policiers du SPVM sont intervenus suite à un appel et nous avons immédiatement collaboré avec les agents et cessé la musique. Je veux souligner qu’à tout moment, nous avons respecté les directives gouvernementales de distanciation sociale.
Translation : The police came after a public call and we immediately collaborated with the agents and stopped the music. I want to say at any moment we respected the governemental rules of social distancing.
He said that but Félix Séguin said that he was not cooperative according to neighbours. Maybe some neighbouring bitching here.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I can't understand the world depends on China so much for masks. I think it's about time to change the dependance on China for all our products. Maybe we should re-industrialise our society. After all, we once were an successfull industrial society.

The world uses China as they produce goods at a cheap labor rate, hence why electronics etc are cheaper now then way back in the day.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You don't understand the definitions nor the maths.

Covid-19 is about to kill 100,000 (at least) in 4 months, not 30,000 over 1 year. The rate of fatality of Covid-19 alone is 10x what the Flu is.

But that's not even in the problem. The rate of serious illness (requiring ventilator support) caused by Covid-19 is 1000x the flu. That's the problem. Covid overwhelms ICUs to the point where normal non fatal disease becomes fatal because of the overwhelmed ICU.

Moreover, the Flu estimations are what is called "influenced deaths", this is not the same thing as "causative death". Ie. if someone with serious heart disease gets the flu, and then gets a heart attack and pass, the cause would be attributed to heart disease. But counted as being influenced by the flu. We don't know that number for Covid-19 yet. Looking at Italy, Spain it looks like it is very high, it boosts mortality to 5-6% in the elderly /sick. Lots of cancer patients, even young ones are being finished by Covid.

I have read that Italy may reclassify up to 80% of the reported deaths to be due to other causes, for exactly what you are saying. They counted anyone that died who was positive for COVID19 as a death due to COVID19, even if they already had cancer, heart disease, dementia, etc... In some ways, it doesn't make a difference, but at the same time, it kind of does.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Why don't you follow the entire conversation instead of just the last post. I was contradicted because some anti-vaxxer mentioned the exact point that it is influenced deaths, not direct causation. The poster who made the poster essentially stated that everything in the article written by an anti-vaxxer is false by virtue of that fact along.

I know its influenced, not directly caused. But hey, since anti-vaxxer article mentioned that, that means what was being said was false.

It's pretty hard to follow this thread, but I hear you.
Don't answer anti-vaxxer. Just say "Anti-vaxxer stfu". They just want attention...

Given that COVID usually takes out someone with underlying conditions, many of the deaths from it are also influenced rather than direct. A "cytokine storm" is from the immune response not the virus itself.

It's at 5,000 now in the US. We'll see if it can reach that lower bound of 100k for the U.S alone, since cases DO plateau after a certain point.

Part of the reason there has been complacency regarding CoVID in the US is precisely those flu numbers. People with no education in statistics are going to be even less understanding than myself, who has a bachelor's in economics, a subject loaded with using statistics. When the press publishes numbers such as these, there is no education pamphlet that comes with the press release to give the uneducated reader the proper interpretation of said numbers.

Covid doesn't kill by Cytokine storm (I'm a virologist...). Cytokine storms deaths take 24-36 hrs typically, and cytokine storms are associated with the flu (Spanish Flu-1918 (H1N1), H5N1, etc.), not Coronaviruses. The flu targets cytokine production mechanisms specifically to win over the host.

Covid kills mostly by gradual cytokine damage in the lungs, reducing the oxygen level (asphyxiation). This is not a cytokine storm, it takes 20 days. This is typical of an unknown virus to the host. The host tries to defend itself normally but is overwhelmed by the reproduction rate of the virus.

Reactions: Born in 1909

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Let's all keep doing what we're supposed to, so as to limit our risk and help this thing get overcome as quickly as possible. Stay strong and ... find something interesting to do.
My "something interesting to do" has mostly been reading the arguments on this board. The last thing I want is for everyone here to be well-informed, openminded and respectful of other opinions. I'd die of boredom...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Amen to that!
I read a comment like that on here the other day. A comparison made to prison. :facepalm:

You missed the sarcasm of that post, it was tongue in cheek.
But what's the problem exactly anyways if some did compare it to that? You think everyone should just shut up and be comfortable? You feeling all high and mighty today aren't ya.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's pretty hard to follow this thread, but I hear you.
Don't answer anti-vaxxer. Just say "Anti-vaxxer stfu". They just want attention...

Covid doesn't kill by Cytokine storm (I'm a virologist...). Cytokine storms deaths take 24-36 hrs typically, and cytokine storms are associated with the flu (Spanish Flu-1918 (H1N1), H5N1, etc.), not Coronaviruses. The flu targets cytokine production mechanisms specifically to win over the host.

Covid kills mostly by gradual cytokine damage in the lungs, reducing the oxygen level (asphyxiation). This is not a cytokine storm, it takes 20 days. This is typical of an unknown virus to the host. The host tries to defend itself normally but is overwhelmed by the reproduction rate of the virus.

Aren't you a SEO?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My "something interesting to do" has mostly been reading the arguments on this board. The last thing I want is for everyone here to be well-informed, openminded and respectful of other opinions. I'd die of boredom...

Hear of the Sheriff in Florida that died of boredom? he was sitting at his desk when a guy who was bored came in and shot him.:eek:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I honestly can't stand hearing people saying that they are "bored", "losing their gains", "can't see friends", etc. If these are your problems then you're f'ing good, bro. It's only been a couple of weeks, lol, man up. Do something good, whether personal education or looking beyond yourself and helping others within your own personal safety level.

You can't stand people who aren't happy because they can't see their friends or family?

What makes your way of life better than theirs exactly? Some people need social interactions, some don't. Judging anybody one way or another is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad