OT: 2019 nCov (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010

What would you expect him to do more? The borders are all closed. Canada is testing at 9X the rate of the US (among the highest testing rates in the world). He passed a law giving those affected $2,000 for 4 months, along with 82 billion in financial relief. He's been a model by self-quarantining when his wife got it (unlike Trump and Bolsonaro, for instance). Ottawa is working with companies to produce ventilators/equipment (e.g. Dyson and Thornhill Medical), also devoting $192 million to develop a Covid-19 vaccine.

People seem to be holding against him the fact that he didn't close the borders down like 1 or 2 days earlier - not remembering how we were all thinking about this crisis a week or so ago and how monumental/difficult taking a decision like that is (the federal govt also needs to actually implement it, not easy). Either that or people just don't like Trudeau for other reasons and won't give him the credit he deserves. Also, remember that health care is the domain of the provinces. He can support the provincial systems, but it's mostly up to the provinces to deal with this on the ground.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So it has more to do with community leaders not following the instruction/orders from the top and applying them to the public?
Its on everyone.

Community leaders did make mistakes but to pin it on them is ridiculous.

The amount of people taking this lightly is astounding and the real culprit.

From my own perspective, I live accross a couche-tard (24 hour market) and I see about ten cars in the parking lot from 10 am to 7pm. I see people walking there to get stupid things like a bag of chips, their daily king can, a slush or candy.

Yesterday I went to see my mom, we stood in the driveway and they stood in their door. A woman passed by with her dog and she let her dog sniff mine.

My in-laws (My mother in law happens to be the national leader for an aviation company.... in health and safety.) Dont wash their goods when they bring it in from the grocery store, nor do they stop going out. They basically went out every day this week for stupid things, like coffee, a few bananas and nails.

Theres gloves, mask, cigarette butts, kleenexs and food packaging everywhere on the floor in montreal. Its f***ing disgusting.

Basically, people are f***ing stupid. Quite simple.

Top it all off with the highest number of daily tests in Canada and there you have it

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Its on everyone.

Community leaders did make mistakes but to pin it on them is ridiculous.

The amount of people taking this lightly is astounding and the real culprit.

From my own perspective, I live accross a couche-tard (24 hour market) and I see about ten cars in the parking lot from 10 am to 7pm. I see people walking there to get stupid things like a bag of chips, their daily king can, a slush or candy.

Yesterday I went to see my mom, we stood in the driveway and they stood in their door. A woman passed by with her dog and she let her dog sniff mine.

My in-laws (My mother in law happens to be the national leader for an aviation company.... in health and safety.) Dont wash their goods when they bring it in from the grocery store, nor do they stop going out. They basically went out every day this week for stupid things, like coffee, a few bananas and nails.

Theres gloves, mask, cigarette butts, kleenexs and food packaging everywhere on the floor in montreal. Its f***ing disgusting.

Basically, people are f***ing stupid. Quite simple.

Top it all off with the highest number of daily tests in Canada and there you have it

All of the above is sooo true. Also, Milhouse's post from the previous thread is all you need to know. And just to add that my comment about community leaders was just to state one reason, not the sole reason. I should have completed my answer, but I was doing something else at the same time and sent it without re-reading it. My bad. There are clusters in MOntreal, and they are linked to events that happened about two weeks ago. But there are many other reasons. Our Premier has been pretty eloquent on the matter yesterday.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
RE: Sanctions we see how they have crippled the response in Iran and killed people. We see how they've killed people in Venezuela. It's just another way empire spreads it's tentacles. Anyone talking about sanctions doesn't care about saving lives. Simple as.

Lmao meanwhile thousands will die for something that could have been controlled? Wot in tarnation.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Thats exactly the point, it COULD have been controlled. The fact China lied for whatever f***ed up reason they had to lie about this is the reason were locked down today, its the reason you might lose loved ones and you might lose your job.

What evidence do we have that China lied exactly? US mongers and radio free asia? :laugh:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Thats exactly the point, it COULD have been controlled. The fact China lied for whatever f***ed up reason they had to lie about this is the reason were locked down today, its the reason you might lose loved ones and you might lose your job.

Bsl wrote it best yesterday, having to experience de CPC for many years. Were you expecting something else? They even tried to divert to attention by saying that the virus was planted by the US.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
What evidence do we have that China lied exactly? US mongers and radio free asia? :laugh:

I agree with your general point, re sanctions, and I also don't agree with the general belief that people have that we're in this situation because China lied (this was entirely foreseeable for governments outside of China from early January--sufficient time to prepare). However, that there are doctors in Wuhan who were silenced is pretty difficult to deny. And to silence and censor doctors that are effectively blowing the whistle is to lie, effectively. China did not do the world any favours in its early action and response, and its government should rightfully be condemned for that.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
you think that China had no idea about this virus until mid January? I’m not going to peddle fact or fiction, but are you seriously telling me you believe China didn’t lie at all to save their new year celebration?

I have no idea but I don't support sanctioning countries at all let alone because "well we obviously know you lied."

Feel like there's a large overlap between "china lied people died" crowd and the "of course we need to invade Iraq they have chemical weapons" people.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have no idea but I don't support sanctioning countries at all let alone because "well we obviously know you lied."

Feel like there's a large overlap between "china lied people died" crowd and the "of course we need to invade Iraq they have chemical weapons" people.
Quite the jump youve made here.

You dont support sanctionning countries? Just how far can a country go? Would you have sanctioned america for their stupid warmongering? What about Nazi germany? I guess you didnt support that either?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Quite the jump youve made here.

You dont support sanctionning countries? Just how far can a country go? Would you have sanctioned america for their stupid warmongering? What about Nazi germany? I guess you didnt support that either?

I don't think it's a leap at all. The clear link is American imperialism. I guess I could support sanctions if they were being done by a country that isn't America or linked to it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree with your general point, re sanctions, and I also don't agree with the general belief that people have that we're in this situation because China lied (this was entirely foreseeable for governments outside of China from early January--sufficient time to prepare). However, that there are doctors in Wuhan who were silenced is pretty difficult to deny. And to silence and censor doctors that are effectively blowing the whistle is to lie, effectively. China did not do the world any favours in its early action and response, and its government should rightfully be condemned for that.
How much were other governments aware of though? The death toll wasnt significant, the spread wasnt significant because of, guess what, lies by the chinese government

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't think it's a leap at all. The clear link is American imperialism. I guess I could support sanctions if they were being done by a country that isn't America or linked to it.
You have to chose your battles, im far from an american apologist, this isnt about america, its about our lives and the lives of 8 billion others like us.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
You have to chose your battles, im far from an american apologist, this isnt about america, its about our lives and the lives of 8 billion others like us.

How is America sanctioning China not about America? Anti chinese rhetoric coming from America didn't begin with this virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad