OT: 2019 nCov (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As a montreal native, I've been very attentive to our current situation and thank all those that give updates.

As per sante montreal, they have added age breakdown as of Mar. 31. I've roughly categorized the age groups just to give an idea of those affected, grouping the young and then subsequently going 10yr intervals for our elderly.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Santé Montréal

0-39 = 42%
40-59 = 33%
60-69 = 12%
70-79 = 7%
80+ = 6%

we all know that the majority of fatalities are predominately our seniors, yet they are only 13% (70+) of positive cases. it's the younger generation that is most infected ( 0-59 = 75%). This is the group that has best chance of survival but also the group that is the cause of the spread and killing our parents and grandparents.

I hope our younger generation that felt invincible and had a great spring break but disregarded basic safety measures will recognize that they their selfish and irresponsible behavior has contributed to the deaths of their own parents and grandparents, at the very least. Also for those elderly snowbirds that violated quarantine protocols, are equally to blame.

Those are the people who are working, going to grocers or pharmacies, etc. Makes perfect sense.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
As a montreal native, I've been very attentive to our current situation and thank all those that give updates.

As per sante montreal, they have added age breakdown as of Mar. 31. I've roughly categorized the age groups just to give an idea of those affected, grouping the young and then subsequently going 10yr intervals for our elderly.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Santé Montréal

0-39 = 42%
40-59 = 33%
60-69 = 12%
70-79 = 7%
80+ = 6%

we all know that the majority of fatalities are predominately our seniors, yet they are only 13% (70+) of positive cases. it's the younger generation that is most infected ( 0-59 = 75%). This is the group that has best chance of survival but also the group that is the cause of the spread and killing our parents and grandparents.

I hope our younger generation that felt invincible and had a great spring break but disregarded basic safety measures will recognize that they their selfish and irresponsible behavior has contributed to the deaths of their own parents and grandparents, at the very least. Also for those elderly snowbirds that violated quarantine protocols, are equally to blame.

The 0-59 are also the ones that study and go to work. They take public transport, they have meetings, they work with numerous people. It's way too simple to blame it on selfishness and spring break travel.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The clinic at Places des Fetivals that was put up a while back, was testing about 2500 people per day at the beginning. Now, they test about 850 per day. A significant drop.

Reactions: llamateizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad