2019 Kia Memorial Cup Discussion.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hoping PA wins it. Small town team, haven't had much success over the years. Hopefully they are not that injured but they have as strong a group coming out of the WHL in awhile. There team defense is excellent and they have a lot of size. Up front, Leason is big and dangerous everytime he is on the ice, Dante Hannoun has had a great playoffs and the big import from Belarus, Protas has had a real good playoffs and should go decently high in the draft. They have a trio of 2002s,Wiesblatt,Brooks and Guhle on defense who could all be 1st round picks in 2020. Ian Scott is probably the best goalie out of the WHL this year.

Reactions: bukwas and JMCx4

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Pretty neat two small Saskatchewan markets made it to Memorial Cup this year and last year. Can Friday come any faster? We're in for a good one! #GoMooseGo

Suzuki goes into the tournament with the most points for Guelph with 42.

Lavoie goes into the tournament with the most goals for Halifax with 20.

Scott goes into the tournament with the best goalie stats for Prince Albert with a 1.97 GAA & 0.925 SAV%

Dobson goes into the tournament with the most points for a defense-men for Rouyn Noranda with 29.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Cheering for our Northern mining town canine bros, the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Always cheer for the WHL rep but I can do so with greater than normal enthusiasm having P.A there.
They'll be a tough out with so many offensive weapons and quality and depth throughout the line-up. Short tourney though so getting hot at the right time is crucial.
Should be a gooder.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
OHL rep plays their 3 games in just 4 nights. It'll be the same thing for the WHL if they end up in a Thursday tiebreaker and 4 in 5 if they advanced from that game to the semi.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What are the chances of grabbing a couple of tickets for Sunday's match?.... Halifax/Guelph

SympathyForTheDevils

Feb 22, 2010
Quebec City
Great start for Halifax, particularly for the top 6. Groulx, Lavoie, Asselin looking good.

Not a great start for the Prince Albert powerplay. Felt like the Mooseheads got more opportunities than the Raiders when on the PK.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I think the nerves started to build after Halifax scored the first one. The goals Halifax scored were minor mistakes on their part where one guy was left completely in the clear and they ended up scoring on it. I’m sure they’ll recognize this and bring a much better game against the Storm and Huskies but those teams have potential to be tougher so it’ll be interesting that’s for sure!

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Maybe it's my age and stage in life however the honouring of a Canadian regiment with the sweater design etc. makes me so proud to be a Canadian, and so proud to honour all of the brave men who gave so much.

Yes it's just a hockey tournament but it is the "Memorial Cup" hockey tournament. Take some time to remember or a moment to read the associated history of those being honoured.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Why does the team who gets an automatic bye into the Memorial Cup seem to have the best schedule? You think in the sake of fairness they would give the teams that earned a shot into the Mem Cup a better schedule

Reactions: hocknow

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Why does the team who gets an automatic bye into the Memorial Cup seem to have the best schedule? You think in the sake of fairness they would give the teams that earned a shot into the Mem Cup a better schedule
For all that goes into a team hosting the tourney I have no problem with them getting a good schedule. This is not new.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
For all that goes into a team hosting the tourney I have no problem with them getting a good schedule. This is not new.

Nothing cheapens the Memorial Cup more than when the host team wins it(unless the Host team actually won it's own League's title)

Reactions: hocknow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad