Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Recap of the weekend and thoughts on some Sens prospect (from best to worst) so far this season...

Josh Norris - Cheers Sens fans. Josh Norris is an outstanding pivot and he’ll have a long, successful NHL career. A bigger Mike Richards with Jeff Carter’s shot.

Logan Brown - Absolutely dominant force at the AHL level. We’ve all waited a long time for this. At last, his play screams too good for Belleville and that’s a great thing for the franchise. Tilts the ice whenever he hits it on the offensive AND defensive side. Very unique and gifted player.

Drake Batherson - World-class talent. Still needs to work on being a factor shift in and shift out as well as assert himself more 5 vs 5.

Rudolfs Balcers - Still a sneaky sniper with a solid shot arsenal and silky mitts.

Alex Formenton - Electric speed. Big. Smart. Underrated passing. Decent shot. Real bite and agitating factor to his game. A surefire NHLer. He’s still deciding what role he’ll occupy once he gets there.

Filip Chlapik - Pageau's heir apparent for a fraction of the cost. Not as defensively aware as JG, but a bit more size and a bit more bite as well as an improving offensive game.

Vitaly Abramov - Still prone to some brutal defensive lapses. But he’s a fierce competitor with solid speed and obvious offensive talent. Still needs some AHL polishing. Also needs to prove it away from other big names.

JC Beaudin - Like him. Like him alot. Extremely smart defensive center. Remains to be seen if his game will translate to anything more than 'NHL 4th liner'.

Parker Kelly
- Based on his compete level alone, he’ll be an NHL player someday.

Morgan Klimchuk - Could play on a bad NHL bottom six and not look out of place. Him and Formenton are legitimate PK treats in the AHL. Perhaps he gets a look after the TDL.

Michael Carcone - Good at everything. Gets fed offensive chances. Works hard. Goes to the dirty areas. But tough to pin his upside as anything more than 'top 9 AHLer'.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
As for defense and goaltending…

Christian Jaros - Call me crazy, but I still like Christian Jaros alot. He calmed his game way down. Looks more composed and less hectic out there. I still see more Shea Weber than Eric Gryba in him once he gets comfortable at the NHL level.

Erik Brannstrom - Been looking all season for that flash he showed at the end of last year. Be it at the AHL or NHL level. For his age, I see a surprisingly good defensive defenseman at both levels. But only small hints of dazzling skills or wow factor. Wish he was a few inches taller. Then we’d be talking about one of the world’s best two-way D prospects (some hybrid version of Werenski/Slavin). Instead, he’s a diminutive defenseman that’s far from the offensive dynamo he was billed to be. Tough to get a read on him. He’s still very much figuring the player he is. If I had to guess, I’d say solid two-way D and PP contributor in the mold of Enstrom/Krug.

Max Lajoie - Slowly becoming an elite AHL defenseman. Poised. Accurate and powerful wrist shot from the point. Smooth skating. Improving in his own end. Don’t sleep on him. There’s still something to be excited about and I get the feeling his game will translate into an NHL career.

Jonathan Aspirot - Has kept impressing since his first rookie camp. Keeps improving. Solid defensively. Physical. Plays the final minutes of close games. A really nice defenseman for Belleville with untapped potential.

Andreas Englund - Okay defensive defenseman the AHL level. Finally showed something positive during his last NHL call up after being a complete wreck for several seasons before.

Joel Daccord - Elite goaltender at the AHL level. Incredible puck handling ability. Very calm and technically sound, but there’s a real battle element to his game as well. Mix Martin Jones and Jonathan Quick. You get something that resembles Joel Daccord.

Filip Gustavsson - Finally started looking like his WJC self since the new year. Perhaps the most technically sound goaltender in the system as far as fundamentals go. But still lots of polishing to do with his angles, post coverage, glove hand and five-hole.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Recap of the weekend and thoughts on some Sens prospect (from best to worst) so far this season...

Josh Norris - Cheers Sens fans. Josh Norris is an outstanding pivot and he’ll have a long, successful NHL career. A bigger Mike Richards with Jeff Carter’s shot.

Logan Brown - Absolutely dominant force at the AHL level. We’ve all waited a long time for this. At last, his play screams too good for Belleville and that’s a great thing for the franchise. Tilts the ice whenever he hits it on the offensive AND defensive side. Very unique and gifted player.

Drake Batherson - World-class talent. Still needs to work on being a factor shift in and shift out as well as assert himself more 5 vs 5.

Rudolfs Balcers - Still a sneaky sniper with a solid shot arsenal and silky mitts.

Alex Formenton - Electric speed. Big. Smart. Underrated passing. Decent shot. Real bite and agitating factor to his game. A surefire NHLer. He’s still deciding what role he’ll occupy once he gets there.

Filip Chlapik - Pageau's heir apparent for a fraction of the cost. Not as defensively aware as JG, but a bit more size and a bit more bite as well as an improving offensive game.

Vitaly Abramov - Still prone to some brutal defensive lapses. But he’s a fierce competitor with solid speed and obvious offensive talent. Still needs some AHL polishing. Also needs to prove it away from other big names.

JC Beaudin - Like him. Like him alot. Extremely smart defensive center. Remains to be seen if his game will translate to anything more than 'NHL 4th liner'.

Parker Kelly
- Based on his compete level alone, he’ll be an NHL player someday.

Morgan Klimchuk - Could play on a bad NHL bottom six and not look out of place. Him and Formenton are legitimate PK treats in the AHL. Perhaps he gets a look after the TDL.

Michael Carcone - Good at everything. Gets fed offensive chances. Works hard. Goes to the dirty areas. But tough to pin his upside as anything more than 'top 9 AHLer'.

Good stuff but seems a touch optimistic. We are one of the worst teams in the league and Klimchuk hasn't even got a sniff.

I'm not confident Chlapik is going to develop into a regular non-replacement NHLer.

And I will be surprised if Parker Kelly ever sees more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Good stuff but seems a touch optimistic. We are one of the worst teams in the league and Klimchuk hasn't even got a sniff.

I'm not confident Chlapik is going to develop into a regular non-replacement NHLer.

And I will be surprised if Parker Kelly ever sees more than a cup of coffee in the NHL.
Have you watched him on this road trip? He’s really started to wake up. Talkin about jelly

*kelly

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad