Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Absolutely baffled why they took him in the 4th. Struggling to understand the thought process. I know he was our Swedish scouts guy for a couple years, but that was a mulligan.

My guess is they somehow expect a breakout with that kind of obscure prospects. Something must tell them it could pay off or they wouldn’t select them. But that being said, why not go with another Gunenette type instead? It’s weird, those picks seem to have a very low chance and based on their track record, you wonder why they didn’t choose differently

Reactions: derriko

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Absolutely baffled why they took him in the 4th. Struggling to understand the thought process. I know he was our Swedish scouts guy for a couple years, but that was a mulligan.
He was their guy for a couple of YEARS???

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Tkachuk should definitely be ahead of Kotkaniemi. I would also move Hughes up to 2

Not sure I agree about Kotkaniemi at this stage. Both players probably surpassed expectations of each fan base and both look like they have lots of room to grow.

Reactions: derriko

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Not sure I agree about Kotkaniemi at this stage. Both players probably surpassed expectations of each fan base and both look like they have lots of room to grow.
I gotta think that after their rookie seasons if you asked the GMs of each team which player they’d rather take most would take Tkachuk. My opinion but I could be wrong.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I gotta think that after their rookie seasons if you asked the GMs of each team which player they’d rather take most would take Tkachuk. My opinion but I could be wrong.

Not sure about that myself. I think Kotkaniemi has a lot more room to grow than BT. Top line centre potential which is very valuable. Be interesting to watch.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not sure about that myself. I think Kotkaniemi has a lot more room to grow than BT. Top line centre potential which is very valuable. Be interesting to watch.

I think it's pretty close. Kotkaniemi plays a more important position but Tkachuk is a power forward unlike any the League has seen for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad