2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I, along with everyone else on this board, hope they have the balls to sit Seabrook. I don't think they do.
I think they have put him on the spot and can now rotate him at the least from #6 to press box..De Haan and Maatta here pretty much means Boqvist isn't here next year and Joker has a few months to shine until De Haan is healthy..

Keith - Joker
De Haan - Gus
Maatta - Murphy
Seabs

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think they have put him on the spot and can now rotate him at the least from #6 to press box..De Haan and Maatta here pretty much means Boqvist isn't here next year and Joker has a few months to shine until De Haan is healthy..

Keith - Joker
De Haan - Gus
Maatta - Murphy
Seabs

Koekkoek looked good and IMO is fine to play for the couple months CDH is out

Trade Gus for forward to improve team

Keith-Murphy
Maatta-Jokiharju
Koekkoek-Seabrook (CDH slots into spot next to Seabs when he is back)
Dahlstrom

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Koekkoek looked good and IMO is fine to play for the couple months CDH is out

Trade Gus for forward to improve team

Keith-Murphy
Maatta-Jokiharju
Koekkoek-Seabrook (CDH slots into spot next to Seabs when he is back)
Dahlstrom
STOP WITH THE TRADING OF GUS, that defense can't move the f***ing puck without him...blah!!! Bowman shored up the defensive guys, but 100% needs to keep Gus here until the kids can step in and replace him because not one of those guys can run the point for the power play or come close to the transition game that Gus allowed for us..

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
well i am a self proclaim SB doubter, i will say this. this trade was done by someone other than SB in the Bhawks FO.

and i am sticking to it.

upload_2019-6-24_20-5-15.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
STOP WITH THE TRADING OF GUS, that defense can't move the ****ing puck without him...blah!!! Bowman shored up the defensive guys, but 100% needs to keep Gus here until the kids can step in and replace him because not one of those guys can run the point for the power play or come close to the transition game that Gus allowed for us..

Blocking Joker from roster isn't any better for Hawks and would be terrible

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Kubalik - Toews - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Donskoi (Dzingel)
Saad - AA (Dach) - Sikura
Saalera (Caggiula) - Kampf - Perlini
Caggiula (Saalera)

Keith - Murphy
Maatta - Gus
De Haan - Jokiharju
Seabrook (I wish)
Koekkoek

Crawford
Delia

looks really good to me, but obviously I am a fan and want it to look good.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I would rather move him than Gus right now, but I also am of the belief that Boqvist comes in as a stud after a year and am cool with Gus walking.
SB would not like to let a player like Gus to walk with no rtn.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
SB would not like to let a player like Gus to walk with no rtn.

he becomes a self rental if the Hawks are competing; he is moved if they aren't competing (just like most quality UFA's)

I am just saying I would much rather move Joker than move Gus now that the roster is shaping up to be competitive.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Even if they don't sit Seabrook..

Keith - Murphy
Maata - Gus
De Haan - Seabrook
Dahlstrom (Gilbert) - Joki

That's a legit, defensively capable, dare I say pretty deep D core. I wouldn't have thought it possible after the season ended. Well done Stan.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
he becomes a self rental if the Hawks are competing; he is moved if they aren't competing (just like most quality UFA's)

I am just saying I would much rather move Joker than move Gus now that the roster is shaping up to be competitive.
this is really not meant for you per se, but why the hate on Joker.

last season i thought he was the second coming of a top notch d-man. what change ??

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
this is really not meant for you per se, but why the hate on Joker.

last season i thought he was the second coming of a top notch d-man. what change ??

No hate at all from me. I just think he holds value and is odd man out if we slot Seabrook into the lineup which seems like a must given what he is paid.

For me, I am just way higher on Boqvist in the future and on Gus for the upcoming season if we are trying to win.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think we *could* see a seabrook buyout. They have the room and the buyout matches the Hawks cap structure as they get relief next year when they need to pay Strome and Cat

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Totally agree. Joki has the whole board enamoured after a very short stint in the Nhl after which he fizzled out, while Gus became a legit 60 point first line defenseman yet he's the one expendable?

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No hate at all from me. I just think he holds value and is odd man out if we slot Seabrook into the lineup which seems like a must given what he is paid.

For me, I am just way higher on Boqvist in the future and on Gus for the upcoming season if we are trying to win.
maybe my phrasing was wrong and within that, i am apologizing to you.

but you answered what i think is what i am looking for in your last sentence.

i on the other am not sold on Gus and his offensive numbers. i am willing to trade him now while the iron is still hot.

but hey many thanks for answering.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Totally agree. Joki has the whole board enamoured after a very short stint in the Nhl after which he fizzled out, while Gus became a legit 60 point first line defenseman yet he's the one expendable?
and a simple answer could be, Joker fazed out, which should be expected. esp for a rookie.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

You can still trade guys off when you're looking competitive at the deadline. We saw the Blues do that the last two deadlines before this past season.

You also have more time then to evaluate if the prospects or Joker look like they can quickly fill in the offensive roles or decide none of them do look ready yet and work on an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad