GDT: 2018 World Championships (4-20 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Lindholm gives Johnny Hockey a shove up the board after having done a perfect defensive play against him. Johnny Hockey goes berserk with a axe swing at Lindholms back. Lindholm shrugs it off and laughs at the USA players, while Johnny Hockey goes to the penalty box.
What a wuss. Immediately after the slash rushing to the safety of his own bench too.

Link if you can't see

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Gy8AboA.gif

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
How did Hampus and Rakell play in the US game?

I thought both were good but not great. Lindholm doesn't get much chance for glory as he is not used at all on power play, and when on offense Klingberg is still quite a puck hog - which is fine as it works most of the time. The first line with Rakell was not as dominant as earlier. Rakell had one assist, Lindholm zero points.

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I thought both were good but not great. Lindholm doesn't get much chance for glory as he is not used at all on power play, and when on offense Klingberg is still quite a puck hog - which is fine as it works most of the time. The first line with Rakell was not as dominant as earlier. Rakell had one assist, Lindholm zero points.

Thanks for response!

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Would be amazing if Switzerland won, just for a change someone else than one of the big countries. It's crazy how Germany made the finals in the Olympics and now Switzerland. We need more surprises like this, although it would be even better if Switzerland became one of the big hockey countries. I'm not expecting the Swiss to win tonight but one can dream

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Would be amazing if Switzerland won, just for a change someone else than one of the big countries. It's crazy how Germany made the finals in the Olympics and now Switzerland. We need more surprises like this, although it would be even better if Switzerland became one of the big hockey countries. I'm not expecting the Swiss to win tonight but one can dream

Hmm... "Location: Finland". I see. :skeptic:

Just kidding. Although I'm Swedish, one parent is Finnish.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
This is a supercool and intense game. I think both, Hampus and Rakell play a good game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Crazy how good Sweden’s blueline is, having Hampus as your number 3-4 guy in a WC shows how many outstanding dmen the Swedes are developing.

Last edited:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Crazy that if all their top dmen show up, he might be their #7

Depending on what you want. But yes, Hedman, Larsson will be up there as well. But he is in their top 3 when it comes to defence. What I ask myself, would a coach like Patrik Fischer consider moving to the NHL. I mean the way Switzerland played was very entertaining and effective.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Depending on what you want. But yes, Hedman, Larsson will be up there as well. But he is in their top 3 when it comes to defence. What I ask myself, would a coach like Patrik Fischer consider moving to the NHL. I mean the way Switzerland played was very entertaining and effective.

Larsson wouldn’t crack Sweden’s top 7. I don’t get the hype about him, he’s a number 4 Dman at the NHL level. He’s certainly not close to Lindholms level.

Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Larsson wouldn’t crack Sweden’s top 7. I don’t get the hype about him, he’s a number 4 Dman at the NHL level. He’s certainly not close to Lindholms level.

I agree with that. I watched all games. Adam Larsson is overrated, he was good in the WC but commentators and journalists were gushing way to much about him. Klingberg is also overrated, sure he puts up a lot of points, but there are other D that does that without the issues Klingberg has.

Swedens best D in the WC was Ekman-Larsson, the Nashville guy, and Lindholm.

Hedman is also rated great, but I've not seen much of his games. Strålman also rated highly, but I don't think he is as good as Hedman.

Of course Karlsson is also great when he at least tries to care about defending. Klingberg is no where near his qualities.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Latvian goalie Merzlikins, who is nearing NHL and played for that guy for a while in Lugano, had a big praise for the Swiss coach. He said he absolutely wasn`t surprised about Switzerland being in the final, knowing Fischer. Merzlikins thanked him for what a player he has became so far and he praised Fischers team building skills and character.

Btw I still think Hartley is a great coach but I mentioned it already, and would love to see him behind our bench instead of Randy. And I will say it again - I don`t necessarily hate Randy. I`m thankful to him, but times have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad