GDT: 2018 World Championships (4-20 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
This year the tournament is being played in Copenhagen and Herning, Denmark.

Group A:
Russia
Sweden
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Belarus
Slovakia
France
Austria

Group B:
Canada
Finland
USA
Germany
Norway
Latvia
Denmark
South Korea

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Any word on which Ducks players will be going?

Lindholm and Rakell have said they will play for Sweden. Anyone else? Getzlaf? Henrique? Gibson? Kase? Holzer? Maybe Kossila?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Does anyone know which country Manson would play for in international play? I assume Canada, but it doesn't look like he's been capped at any point.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Does anyone know which country Manson would play for in international play? I assume Canada, but it doesn't look like he's been capped at any point.
I think he's got the option to go with who he wants - he's a dual citizen. I doubt he'd crack Canada's defence, though.

Wouldn't it be funny if the only way we see Fowler and Manson on the same pairing isn't on the Ducks?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Did anyone ever say why the team put Holzer on waivers during the playoffs? Was it just some last ditch move to get him to SD in case they qualified for their own playoffs?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Have tickets to Canada@Latvia pre-tournament game. Pretty excited. Would be cool if Monty would play in this case, actually

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell Lindholm and Holzer are the only ones going according to Murray.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I am hoping that a majority of them don't participate. They need time to recover and reassess.

I'm just happy to see Rakell and Lindholm finally make their international debute at the men's level. Most casual Swedish hockey fans don't even know who they are, so I hope they have a strong tournament and show people here what they can do.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm just happy to see Rakell and Lindholm finally make their international debute at the men's level. Most casual Swedish hockey fans don't even know who they are, so I hope they have a strong tournament and show people here what they can do.
I don't think that is true at all.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The casual Swedish hockey fan is far more likely to follow the SHL and national team than the NHL.

Silfverberg is much more "famous" here than Rakell and Lindholm are, because he was the MVP when Brynas won, and has played in two World Championship's, the Olympics, and the World Cup.

Rakell and Lindholm have played in zero SHL games and Lindholm, because of injury, never even played in the World Juniors. He was on the roster for the World Cup, but didn't play any.

More people in Sweden might know who Dennis Rasmussen is, since he's a two time SHL champion and played in the World Championships.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
The official mascot looks familiar.

13-3-10189623.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
surprised perry isn't playing for canada

glad getzlaf is sitting out. he needs to rest up as much as he can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad