GDT: 2018 World Championships (4-20 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
It's even more fitting that a poster from Sweden was the first one to twist the knife.... :shakehead

Every championship there is some upset when one of the better teams lose against one of not so good teams. It's ok in the group play, but not in the play-off.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Denmark is looking pretty good now anyway. They have 5 NHL'ers plus another 4 with NHL experience on their roster.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Every championship there is some upset when one of the better teams lose against one of not so good teams. It's ok in the group play, but not in the play-off.

Denmark is looking pretty good now anyway. They have 5 NHL'ers plus another 4 with NHL experience on their roster.

I know, I'm just chirping... :)

Being Austrian was really tough today.

Cheer up, you have great things to look forward to...

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I know, there are some nice players like Raffl, Starkbaum and Zwerger. Rossi will be a good player but is basicly a product of the Swiss youth system. Unfortunately, Austria is just a borderline A Team.

Btw, Zwerger had ice stats in NLA. Sure, driven by his linemates but still good. I would love to see an Austrian fellow in a Ducks jersey ;-)
Dominic Zwerger - Elite Prospects

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
How does the ice look like in Copenhagen? I'm not sure if I watched any games played there yet, but in Herning it looks pretty bad. Or the Finns have just been awful and fumbling the puck a lot. Maybe a bit of both, but the ice doesn't look good to me.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
They did a feature on Rakell. Apparently he got hit on the nose awhile back so now he never actually uses his toothguard but just chews on it while playing. Apparently his mom is a dentist and phones him after every game and tells him he has to wear it. But he can't breathe when he does wear it and in any case he's chewed it flat. And when he's hit he has to go look for it, which is hard since it's transparent :laugh:

Also, he has great chemistry with Zibanejad. Too bad the two will never play together except during international tournaments.

Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Hampus Lindholm has 6 points in 6 games, all assists. He leads Swedish D in points and is third D in points total (Charlie McAvoy is first with 7).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hampus Lindholm has 6 points in 6 games, all assists. He leads Swedish D in points and is third D in points total (Charlie McAvoy is first with 7).

Small sample size but still impressive he’s got more than OEL and Klingberg.

Have you seen the games? Was wondering if his production is him being a threat offensively or if he’s picking up loads of secondary assists where he happens to touch the puck before a goal?

Reactions: Getz2perry

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Have you seen the games? Was wondering if his production is him being a threat offensively or if he’s picking up loads of secondary assists where he happens to touch the puck before a goal?

He has been doing some great offensive plays, but overall it's mostly Klingberg doing the offensive stuff with Lindholm backing up. I think Klingberg has 5 points.

Reactions: Paul4587

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Small sample size but still impressive he’s got more than OEL and Klingberg.

Idk lindholm is smart enough and good enough that if you put him with a good offensive minded guy his totals will go up a decent margin... thats why on paper i was always all for the lindholm + montour pairing... because i think it would help take hampus to the next level.

Rakell has been show casing his skill tho, has he fired his agent yet? Cause im pretty sure hes going to be a ppg player, and from his perspective that contract is awful.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I wonder what it'd take to get Zibanejad out of the smoking ruins that are the Rangers? The age, the contract and the chemistry with Rakell is intriguing...

Reactions: Getzmonster

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wanted Hartley that year we canned Boudreau. Hartley just got team Latvia into 1/4 finals in the WC. We are playing basically without our first line and then some (injuries, for the most part). Some 20 and 21 year defensemen (undrafted) are plying successfully against McDavid and other stars. Team morale is higher than I have ever seen, they are playing modern hockey. Latvia got a point from both USA and Canada. Lost only to Finland in regulation.

He is a damn good coach.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wonder what it'd take to get Zibanejad out of the smoking ruins that are the Rangers? The age, the contract and the chemistry with Rakell is intriguing...
a lot i imagine, they have so many solid prospects plus i think 5 1st round picks in the next 2 years.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Given his talent and age, he'll be part of the core that they rebuild around. Unless he asks out, I don't see an in for us to land him. We don't have a forward that would offset the loss for them, and we're a few years off from having a spare defenseman of the talent level to get them on the phone.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Lindholm gives Johnny Hockey a shove up the board after having done a perfect defensive play against him. Johnny Hockey goes berserk with a axe swing at Lindholms back. Lindholm shrugs it off and laughs at the USA players, while Johnny Hockey goes to the penalty box.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
a lot i imagine, they have so many solid prospects plus i think 5 1st round picks in the next 2 years.
Im jealous of their approach. They knew they had no shot at a cup and just sold the house and loaded up picks. If we look like a fringe playoff team without a real shot id love to do that. It could drastically speed up our turnaround. Load up on picks plus a year of tank so you get a really high pick and a few years later after the big contracts are up we have a lot of young talent like the jets and a really good goalie in gibby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad