GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 31 • Gold: SWE (1) - CAN (3) F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
It wouldn't be the WJC:s without constant trolling and hostility! I like Canada but I'm sure I'll hate you all for the weekend, no matter the result tonight.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It wouldn't be the WJC:s without constant trolling and hostility! I like Canada but I'm sure I'll hate you all for the weekend, no matter the result tonight.
Yeah it is a bizarre dynamic. But understandable I guess when people connect success of a hockey team to their national pride. Maybe we shouldn't so much, but oh well makes these threads interesting.

The thing is about Sweden is I've always cheered for them if Canada was out or not playing, and don't have a bad thing to say about their country, hockey team or players. Always been a pretty friendly and respectful rivalry in my eyes. But when the Americans get involved always seems to add an extra aspect to both sides, a big brother-little brother type rivalry. Canada-Sweden seems more like two lifelong friends who are competitive.

Reactions: 99664987

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Canada should win but i hope Sweden wins. It would be a big boost for Swedish hockey. 6-1 to Canada. With a little help from the refs. Its just part of the game playing over seas no hard feelings. 3-1 without help so Canada will win no matter what.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
So is there any update on whether, Steen, Lindstrom and Zetterlund will be playing for Sweden?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I dont know what game you were watching. Sweden was under constant pressure at the end because they were playing in the PK all the time due to the Americans not being able to stop diving. They let in 2 in the end when they had essentially sealed the game in their 5th or 6th PK in a row, big deal. If anything, the Americans were not able to get under the Swedish players' skin.

I'm not talking about getting under their skin. I'm talking about the Americans starting to apply pressure and then quickly getting two goals and sustaining pressure. That's what Canada did against Sweden last year, though much earlier. It often happens at this level between Canada and Sweden, though not always. Then again you are the guy who hilariously said that Canada's depth in this tournament wasn't better than Sweden's, despite a quick look at tournament scoring very quickly proving that wrong, so I perhaps shouldn't expect your takes to be particularly observant.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
First of all, I'm serious about my support of USA hockey and I've been on here long enough to witness a whole lot of disrespect handed out to American fans, hockey teams, players, and markets so spare me the sanctimonious bullcrap, there no more boorish group of people than Canadian hockey fans.

Other than that most of what I post is pretty sarcastic and it's hilarious watching you guys getting so triggered by it. :laugh:
Hey man, I can respect that. I myself was going for the throat on here at every little moment of weakness shown by you guys...because it’s more fun to cut down your biggest threat/rival than admit he’s any good. Good luck against the Czechs, although i doubt you guys will need it if you show up to play.

Reactions: Atticus Finch

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You dont have to hate us. I dont think any of us hate Sweden. Well I dont. I hope its a good game.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
First of all, I'm serious about my support of USA hockey and I've been on here long enough to witness a whole lot of disrespect handed out to American fans, hockey teams, players, and markets so spare me the sanctimonious bullcrap, there are no more boorish group of people than Canadian hockey fans.

Other than that most of what I post is pretty sarcastic and it's hilarious watching you guys getting so triggered by it. :laugh:

But you're no different. Here you are on the gold medal thread stirring shit with Canadians.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
First of all, I'm serious about my support of USA hockey and I've been on here long enough to witness a whole lot of disrespect handed out to American fans, hockey teams, players, and markets so spare me the sanctimonious bullcrap, there are no more boorish group of people than Canadian hockey fans.

Do you get a thrill out of playing these childish games. Let's talk some hockey here.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012

Sweden is always my #2 when it comes to international hockey. I’ll never forget watching the gold medal game for Sochi watching with a bar full of Swedes in Koh Tao, Thailand. Was awesome win or lose but being 1 of 2 Canadians there and having our drinks covered all night by the losing teams fans in such a big game is what true sportsman’s ship is all about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad