GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 03 • Group A: CAN (4) - FIN (2) F

Which team wins this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
This game did not feel like a World Junior game. Seemed like there was no emotion.
Really hoping the next game is different.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I thought the polar opposite.

I saw two sloppy teams while Canada capitalized their chances.

I wasn't able to watch the Swedes underperform against Belarus but if you thought this game was sloppy, you must have thought the first game was a bad beer league game.

This game wasn't NHL quality but it was a solid juniors game, especially considering it was the first of the tourney for both teams.

Canada, Finland and the US are going to dominate this tournament unless the Swedes get their forwards going.

frodo timberlake

Sep 18, 2017
Finland seemed like they didn’t really know what to focus on. One sign I noticed was how distractedly badly they were taking the Canadians’ hits in the 1st. They have the size to take those and dish back, it just seemed like they were scrambling to multitask and just keep up

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
lol, is that some kind of universal rule that only losing side should act like posh Englishmen?

Please, theres every chance of taking the high road but most of you came down to @Brun0 's level and started being obnoxious a-holes. Considering the amount of Canadians vs. Finns its bit unfair to ask every Finn to act like a perfect gentleman when you pile up with your shait.

Your "I'm gonna be dillhole because some other guy is a dillhole"-defense is bit weak.

All fans of the losing side have to do is not start it and it wont get going, simple.

Reactions: Cotton

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
pretty soft showing by the Finns. expected a lot more with all the hype leading up to the tournament. should be interesting to see if they can turn their game around. Canada played a steady game, too many penalties taken but otherwise they got the W which is all that matters.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I disagree about Canada being a lot better. Refs made a mistake, but that is life/game, they aren't fair. If not the 1st goal and the penalty, this game could have been a lot different. But we never know. It happens. Lots of games still to play, which is good.

Good game, could've gone either way. Canada scored when they got a chance and had excellent PK. That is why they won.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
lol, is that some kind of universal rule that only losing side should act like posh Englishmen?

Please, theres every chance of taking the high road but most of you came down to @Brun0 's level and started being obnoxious a-holes. Considering the amount of Canadians vs. Finns its bit unfair to ask every Finn to act like a perfect gentleman when you pile up with your shait.

Your "I'm gonna be dillhole because some other guy is a dillhole"-defense is bit weak.
There is literally a thread on the main page started by a Finnish fan stating that the IIHF rigged the game.

Reactions: 99664987

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I disagree about Canada being a lot better. Refs made a mistake, but that is life/game, they aren't fair. If not the 1st goal and the penalty, this game could have been a lot different. But we never know. It happens. Lots of games still to play, which is good.

Good game, could've gone either way. Canada scored when they got a chance and had excellent PK. That is why they won.

Canada should have pumped home like 4 goals in the 3rd period.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
All fans of the losing side have to do is not start it and it wont get going, simple.
So the common rule about being the better person won't apply if the other party starts a bad argument?
Turns out Canadians aren't the nice guys in the North.
There is literally a thread on the main page started by a Finnish fan stating that the IIHF rigged the game.
There is literally nothing you proved by stating this.
We cannot control stupid people. We Finns contrary to your belief, aren't a hive mind.
This is one of the weaker Canadian teams we've sent in years and they just curb stomped the "Golden Era" Finnish team.
The 'Golden Era' Finnish team you're referring to had the likes of Laine, Puljujärvi, Aho, Rantanen and Kapanen on it. Really doubt anyone has thought of this team being better than that really deep team.

Reactions: Merya and Huokaus

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
no matter how controversial it was, a 1-0 lead 5 minutes in shouldn't be enough to make a team quit

It shouldn't but of course it affects to teenagers with high emotional level. As a captain Välimäki was the one who got informed by the refs why the goal was good and he knew it was a wrong decision. Just seconds after that Katchouk laid a big hit on pissed Välimäki and he took the retaliation slashing penalty which lead to 2-0 goal. "The cause and effect". I'm not there to cry about the refs but just to give an objective observation. The game could have been very different but we'll never know.

How the game went with this causality Canada was a better team in the rink and deserved a win. My favourite team to win the gold.

Reactions: sooni and Huokaus

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
This game was quite uninspiring and boring, even bad and lacked all the emotion in the rink and around it as well. The WJC has reached its saturation point even in Canada and we will witness a steady decline in its popularity in coming years. Hope I'm wrong but my GUTS tell me I am not.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad