Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm fully supportive of punishing and banning anybody who dopes from any country. For the 167 other clean OAR Olympians, they should be proud of being an Olympic athlete as anyone should be. I don't feel the Olympics should be a platform to shame innocent athletes for the sins of others. I'd say the same thing if you were an Olympic athlete

Agree

You fine/ban/strip medals from athletes, coaches, administrators etc. You tell the minister of sports he isn't allowed to come for the Olympics, etc.

But I don't think you punish a 90 pound, 15 year old girl, for something the mens cross country skiing team did, etc. Good grief Alina was in 5th or 6th grade during the Sochi Olympics

Reactions: KrejciMVP

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agree

You fine/ban/strip medals from athletes, coaches, administrators etc. You tell the minister of sports he isn't allowed to come for the Olympics, etc.

But I don't think you punish a 90 pound, 15 year old girl, for something the mens cross country skiing team did, etc. Good grief Alina was in 5th or 6th grade during the Sochi Olympics

This issue has been ongoing, up to and including competitions in 2016 according to the documents.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Agree

The punishment is directed at her country’s federations and committees. Plenty of people have been robbed of standing on podiums at all. Hell, I’d wager a vast number of deserving people have failed to qualify at all because of extensive doping. Some careers have been ruined by having to go up against doped athletes and having to drop out of competitions because of the literally superhuman pace set by doped athletes (As a Swede, Elofsson vs. Mühlegg in Salt Lake City comes to mind).

When a nation systematically punishes others (and, hell, their own athletes) in that manner, it’s hard to mete out a fitting punishment without hurting innocents, or their feelings. Russia/OAR got off easy if anything.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I want to stay up and watch the curling gold medal game but I am soooooooo tired :(

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As Ned Martin would say - MERCY!!!!!

28234803_10214485584026086_2071679865443802909_o.jpg

Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad