OT: 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
We really missed Laba's defense and transition game last night. I didn't think AJ, Tchani or Williams had particularly good nights. Tchani's challenge that resulted in the 2nd yellow was obviously brutal. If not for Waston, Parker and Ousted it might have been a real gong show. Going forward I would dress Nerwinski over Williams most nights.

If Davies keeps doing what he did last night it is going to really hard to temper the hype. He's a game changer 16 year old.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Pickin up more points.

Good win with making so many changes. Were outplayed based on the possession stats but was clinical.

That being said, I wasn't expecting goals from Hurtado (and unsurprisingly he only provided an assist).

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Why are they the Vancouver Whitecaps "FC" now? It sounds lame and pretentious. They were just the Whitecaps in their NASL heyday, and the 86ers in the CSL. "FC" sounds like a reach to a strata they're not in. Not as silly as Real Salt Lake, but close.

JBIZ14

Nov 22, 2007
Lethbridge
Why are they the Vancouver Whitecaps "FC" now? It sounds lame and pretentious. They were just the Whitecaps in their NASL heyday, and the 86ers in the CSL. "FC" sounds like a reach to a strata they're not in. Not as silly as Real Salt Lake, but close.
They started using FC after establishing a women's team in the early 2000's. They now have a full youth program with academies all over the country. It is a football club.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yeahhh boys. Looking good against RSL.

Harder than it needed to be, Davies has to start passing a bit more. He gave away the ball on RSL's 2nd goal.

Still a big win, pushes the Caps 6 points ahead of RSL (would have been tied had they lost). Moves the Caps temporarily into 3rd place. 1 point behind Seattle with a game in hand and 3 behind Portland with 3 games in hand. Hopefully the Caps get that midweek win against Minnesota.

Last edited:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Harder than it needed to be, Davies has to start passing a bit more. He gave away the ball on RSL's 2nd goal.

Still a big win, pushes the Caps 6 points ahead of RSL (would have been tied had they lost). Moves the Caps temporarily into 3rd place. 1 point behind Portland with a game in hand and 3 behind Seattle with 3 games in hand. Hopefully the Caps get that midweek win against Minnesota.

Cascadia trio on top of the west.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Enjoying the Caps season this year. The other teams I follow either suck (Canucks, 49ers, SF Giants, Bluejays) or are at best meh (Lions).

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I think he's hurt but I can't confirm.

I thought he was just getting the night off? They're playing 3 games in a week so I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to give him a rest before the weekend game.

Reyna with a great first goal and Hurtado scores? I'm shocked.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I thought he was just getting the night off? They're playing 3 games in a week so I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to give him a rest before the weekend game.

Reyna with a great first goal and Hurtado scores? I'm shocked.

Like I said...cant confirm lol. What's you think of that De Jong pass on the Renya goal?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I'm just happy I'm not the only one around here to see it. I love a good set up pass.

When I played, I was always the setup man, never the scorer (only scored 2-4 goals a year) but set up about 30-40% of the goals my team scored. I appreciate the pass more often than the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad