OT: 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Robo. should be embarrassed of him self. Portland had a huge road victory over a rival and they were so short handed.

Porter should be elated and doing pelvic thrusts at the caps bench:)

Robo team just crapped themselves again as usual and he should of just shook hands and walked off with his tail between his legs

When does Lenarduzzi cut ties with Robo?

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
Look at that, dare I say it Vancouver may actually win a game in Dallas. (And with that, I will sit back and watch the collapse I'm terrified I have brought about)

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Whitecaps 4 - 0 Dallas

Wow. What a result. A four nothing victory over the top team in the West.

Robo switched up the lineup, inserting Reyna, Ibini, Shea, De Jong, and Williams, and switched the formation to a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2.

He brought in a lot of attacking players and it paid dividends. Ibini opened the scoring with a goal that took a deflection. The 'caps were a bit fortunate to get that penalty awarded, while the red card really put Dallas in a difficult position. I wasn't paying super closer attention when the red happened, and only caught some of the replays. It certainly looked like he elbowed Reyna but I would've been okay with a yellow since he was rolling a bit and it was awkward, but I'd really have to watch it again.

I thought Montero looked better with someone closer to him.

Encouraging signs from the 'caps but lets see if they can string some wins together.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
A somewhat entertaining game yesterday, without Waston our defense looks awful. Was easily Williams worst game as he misplayed passes and lost possession too easily.

This was the worst team in the west and the Caps didn't make them look like it. Reyna seemed to be trying too many fancy passes, he just needs to simplify his game a bit and he did lose possession a couple times trying to run through the entire team. I don't think Bolanos is going to be able to play week and out with the fast pace style Vancouver should be playing, would prefer to see Mezquida instead. Was pleasantly surprised with Shea coming on as an impact sub and Techera looks more motivated to track back and get stuck in when he's not in the starting lineup. I think on occasion he needs to sit on the bench to keep that fire underneath him to play hard.

Frustrated as ever when Montero gets withdrawn for Hurtado, what has Hurtado done to deserve a spot on the bench and time on the field?

On the plus side, like Tchani's goal and Montero's movement. But realistically, it was a poor game by the Caps. Bad defensively on the first goal and somewhat unlikely with the bounce on the second.

Frostage

May 23, 2014
A somewhat entertaining game yesterday, without Waston our defense looks awful. Was easily Williams worst game as he misplayed passes and lost possession too easily.

This was the worst team in the west and the Caps didn't make them look like it. Reyna seemed to be trying too many fancy passes, he just needs to simplify his game a bit and he did lose possession a couple times trying to run through the entire team. I don't think Bolanos is going to be able to play week and out with the fast pace style Vancouver should be playing, would prefer to see Mezquida instead. Was pleasantly surprised with Shea coming on as an impact sub and Techera looks more motivated to track back and get stuck in when he's not in the starting lineup. I think on occasion he needs to sit on the bench to keep that fire underneath him to play hard.

Frustrated as ever when Montero gets withdrawn for Hurtado, what has Hurtado done to deserve a spot on the bench and time on the field?

On the plus side, like Tchani's goal and Montero's movement. But realistically, it was a poor game by the Caps. Bad defensively on the first goal and somewhat unlikely with the bounce on the second.

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

I will say that Colorado got back Gashi which does upgrade their squad a bit.

I still think Montero gets too isolated, and that this wasn't Ibini's best game.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Pretty much agree with everything you said.

I will say that Colorado got back Gashi which does upgrade their squad a bit.

I still think Montero gets too isolated, and that this wasn't Ibini's best game.

That's what happens when you play 1 striker up front. Makes the defender job easy. I don't understand why we don't play a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-4-2, I think we need that extra guy up front (though preferably not Hurtado).

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
That's what happens when you play 1 striker up front. Makes the defender job easy. I don't understand why we don't play a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-4-2, I think we need that extra guy up front (though preferably not Hurtado).
I love how they basically did it in Dallas, without a number of their usual starters, and had their biggest statement game since... ever? You'd think Robbo might do a little crowd-sourcing here...

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Laba out for the season with torn ACL...

:cry:

Good thing we signed Ghazal then. Hopefully we can get him fit sooner rather than later.

I'm surprised we didn't go after Piette (Montreal signed him in the transfer window). For Canada, he was their MVP in the Gold Cup. Yes, Davies scored but Piette was a rock sitting in front of the Canadian defense and reminded me a lot of Laba.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Hahahaha that was hilarious. I know players fake it a lot but mOntero ...come on. He was pushed in the right shoulder. Then he stood, looked around. Then grabbed the back of the neck ROFL.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Brutal game. Absolutely no consistancy from this team.

edit: Out of nowhere...magic from Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad