GDT: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
We absolutely NEED a top 8 pick. The talent drop after that is pretty substantial.
I’m sure Ken Holland agrees.
The talent drops off a clip after the top3. Even the top1 really separates itself from the rest of the 1st round.

Reactions: jkutswings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We are walking a fine line. We want to stay competitive, we want a good environment for our players. I get what Holland is saying and I’m in.

The problem? We can’t win enough games to make the playoffs. We absolutely NEED a top 8 pick. The talent drop after that is pretty substantial.
I’m sure Ken Holland agrees.

If he does, he needs to try and do something about it.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Trade green to Tampa for their first

Trade Tatar and ouellete to Nashville for their first and some B level prospect

Trade Nyquist plus AA plus Tampas 1st plus Ottawas 2nd to Ottawa for Karlsson and Ryan

Just being crazy here

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Trade green to Tampa for their first

Trade Tatar and ouellete to Nashville for their first and some B level prospect

Trade Nyquist plus AA plus Tampas 1st plus Ottawas 2nd to Ottawa for Karlsson and Ryan

Just being crazy here
You're crazy.

We're only 5 points out of a playoff spot.

BUY BUY BUY!!!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: mantha39

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Sounds like CHI/NASH working on something...Ryan Hartman is someone who interest the Predators

Would probably move them away from Tatar

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Probably, but even if GMs know that, you have to assume they’ll exhaust every possibility
Yep. I think as far as defensive dominos, it's trying to sort out Karlsson, then giving up and trying to sort out McDonough, then giving up and going after Green as a Plan C.

Hopefully somebody likes him enough to nab him as a Plan C today.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I don’t see Karlsson going I think we are waiting on McDonough. I hope he goes to the leafs and that will force Stevie’s hand to come to green because the leafs make a massive improvement

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
leafs trading marner+ or nylander+ for mcdonut makes too much sense. They would continue to have an elite offense, but their defense would go from average to great

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
leafs trading marner+ or nylander+ for mcdonut makes too much sense. They would continue to have an elite offense, but their defense would go from average to great
I don’t even see them having to give up Marner or Nylander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad