GDT: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Watching TSN there talking about Ben Hutton maybe being on the block. Not sure of his value, but could that be a buy low option?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
A couple vets to make a playoff push?

Are the wings buyers or sellers?!?!?!?!

Sellers, the Wings have like a 1% chance at making the playoffs. Holland makes plenty of foolish decisions, but he isn't stupid. I expect Green to get moved and maybe one other piece.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Jesus H Christ just give us a low first for Green and a low first/high second for Nyquist/Tatar. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm not afraid of buying, I'm afraid of not selling.
I just want nothing to do with, "we like our team" turning into, "we just saw a red and white carcass get scraped off the road in the first round".

Realistically, if Detroit is ever going to do serious damage in the playoffs again, they need some highly impactful players. And I don't know that I see this franchise finding that caliber outside of a top 5 pick.

Depth? Easily.
Secondary scoring? No sweat.
But top flight, cornerstone guys? Not so much.

So I hope they make some good trades today, and make some great draft picks this summer.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don’t see much happening today league wide. I’m about 50 50 that Green gets moved for a decent return.

Let’s hope everyone!

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Mike Green gave Red Wings clearance for trade to Lightning, Capitals. <a href="Report: Green gave Red Wings clearance for trade to Lightning, Capitals">Report: Green gave Red Wings clearance for trade to Lightning, Capitals</a> <a href="theScore on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/Rg9soLsbrZ</a></p>&mdash; theScore (@theScore) <a href="">February 26, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I just want nothing to do with, "we like our team" turning into, "we just saw a red and white carcass get scraped off the road in the first round".

Realistically, if Detroit is ever going to do serious damage in the playoffs again, they need some highly impactful players. And I don't know that I see this franchise finding that caliber outside of a top 5 pick.

Depth? Easily.
Secondary scoring? No sweat.
But top flight, cornerstone guys? Not so much.

So I hope they make some good trades today, and make some great draft picks this summer.
We are walking a fine line. We want to stay competitive, we want a good environment for our players. I get what Holland is saying and I’m in.

The problem? We can’t win enough games to make the playoffs. We absolutely NEED a top 8 pick. The talent drop after that is pretty substantial.
I’m sure Ken Holland agrees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad