GDT: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I heard there’s coverage on the tdl? When is that cause I’ve got nothing to do today :laugh:

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Holland will sit on his thumbs and then say the return wasn't there, don't worry the better deals will be before the draft... or next training camp.... or the end of preseaon... or next trade deadline.... . or whatever the "next" trade period is. Same bullshit he's been saying for 6 years now with nothing significant to show for it.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
With Green being hurt lately... I wouldn't be too upset if we got a couple of 2nd round picks.

I think the 1st round pick is done

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Holland will sit on his thumbs and then say the return wasn't there, don't worry the better deals will be before the draft... or next training camp.... or the end of preseaon... or next trade deadline.... . or whatever the "next" trade period is. Same bull**** he's been saying for 6 years now with nothing significant to show for it.

You are probably right. Can't wait for his post-deadline bs interview,

"we're only 5 points out here, I didn't want to move any of our players who can help us with a playoff push here. Sure I kicked tires here and there, but at the end of the day we're 5 points out. All you have to do is get a ticket to the playoffs, then anything can happen. Let's play hard here and punch our ticket" :banghead::facepalm::surrender

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Thanks for the update. Great to hear that he'd waive for more than one team.

From the player's perspective, I can understand why you'd limit your options, especially if you have a young family. But from the team's point of view, that would stink if, for example, Vegas was willing to offer the most for Green, but they were "never in the race" because a guy with an NTC didn't want to go there.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Normally I wouldn't include any rumors in this thread, but there is a portion that's a Green update from Khan:

NHL Trade Deadline Rumor Roundup – February 26, 2018 | Spectors Hockey

MLIVE.COM: Ansar Khan reports the Red Wings seek “a first-round pick or at least some combination involving multiple high picks and a prospect.” They’ve had extensive talks with the Lightning and Green is willing to waive his no-movement clause if a deal can be worked out with Tampa Bay. Toronto and Florida are also linked to Green, while Khan observes the Capitals lack the cap space to bring Green back to Washington. The Wings would also like to move Tomas Tatar or Gustav Nyquist. The Predators are among several clubs with interest in Tatar.

Good to know they're still pushing for the best deal possible. Hopefully something materializes this afternoon.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Cole to Columbus for a 3rd and a prospect.

I think if Cole gets that wings should get a 1st for green

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Won't lie, I'm extremely nervous nothing will get done. With Green being hurt and Tatar and Nyquist having term on their contracts.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
For a guy with a no-trade clause, like Green, who you would probably lose at the end of the season anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to not get offered full value or even close to it. Especially if Green only agreed to possible trades to two teams and one of the two can't afford him. Holland might be having delusions of grandeur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad