NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know at what point we can hand off our pick to Colorado. Like say we get the 4th overall, but are only really are pumped about 3 guys, if the guys we want go, can we tell Colorado right before the pick at draft day that we are giving it to them? Or do we have to hand it off at a certain point prior?
I think the decision has the be made when the pick is up. Which would be logic because you never know who are going to be already drafted until their name are officially called.

Well we know Dahlin is 1st... But.. i think you understand what I mean.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Do not UNDERESTIMATE the density of Dorion!

I watched some Dahlin highlights this morning and dear lord.

Chabot-Karlsson
Dahlin-Ceci

even dorion would find it hard to screw a team with that top 4 up.

I mean that would be the #1 and #2 best d in the world, as well as another top pair D in Chabot.

We'd be Pittsburgh but the defence version.

Reactions: Alex1234

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
What's the next tiebreaker? Head to head?

I'm pretty confident in saying that the next tie breaker is goal differential. As of today, Arizona is -52 and Ottawa is -62, so Arizona would be ahead of the Sens in the standings.

So Ottawa getting blown out these last few games has been pretty handy.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I'm pretty confident in saying that the next tie breaker is goal differential. As of today, Arizona is -52 and Ottawa is -62, so Arizona would be ahead of the Sens in the standings.

So Ottawa getting blown out these last few games has been pretty handy.

From the NHL site:

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

So, since the Coyotes won both games against the Sens, that is the tie breaker in question.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I think the decision has the be made when the pick is up. Which would be logic because you never know who are going to be already drafted until their name are officially called.

Well we know Dahlin is 1st... But.. i think you understand what I mean.

I believe we can choose to send the pick to Colorado as late as being announced on the clock at the draft itself, now can you send it to them with 10 seconds left in the selection timer? Does the timer renew for them etc...?that I do not know

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I believe we can choose to send the pick to Colorado as late as being announced on the clock at the draft itself, now can you send it to them with 10 seconds left in the selection timer? Does the timer renew for them etc...?that I do not know

Another poster clarified that if we pick 5th. We have to decide once the 3rd pick is made.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Another poster clarified that if we pick 5th. We have to decide once the 3rd pick is made.
Really? Lebrun said on the radio a few weeks back that we had until we were on the clock, not that it makes a great deal of difference.

I'm pretty stoked about the draft though. Dahlin I'm assuming we'll miss out on, same with Svetchnikov, buy I think we have a good chance at getting Zadina. Even if we miss out, I'm still happy with one of Tkatchuk, Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, or Bouchard depending on where our pick ends up. Lots of good players this year imo.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Really? Lebrun said on the radio a few weeks back that we had until we were on the clock, not that it makes a great deal of difference.

I'm pretty stoked about the draft though. Dahlin I'm assuming we'll miss out on, same with Svetchnikov, buy I think we have a good chance at getting Zadina. Even if we miss out, I'm still happy with one of Tkatchuk, Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, or Bouchard depending on where our pick ends up. Lots of good players this year imo.

OK well now I'm totally unsure. Does make more sense to be able to make the decision once you are on the clock though

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
OK well now I'm totally unsure. Does make more sense to be able to make the decision once you are on the clock though
I guess maybe the second the pick right before yours is made, you're on the clock and it's now too late? idk. Maybe they can say if x pick is made with the pick before ours, we hand it over, otherwise we keep it... Idk.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Does anyone know at what point we can hand off our pick to Colorado. Like say we get the 4th overall, but are only really are pumped about 3 guys, if the guys we want go, can we tell Colorado right before the pick at draft day that we are giving it to them? Or do we have to hand it off at a certain point prior?
On this board, I've read that the rules say that just before the pick before Ottawa's goes on the clock. Once the team two before the Senators has picked, if they haven't given it to COL, they're stuck with it.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
On this board, I've read that the rules say that just before the pick before Ottawa's goes on the clock. Once the team two before the Senators has picked, if they haven't given it to COL, they're stuck with it.

Anything anyone says on this board is suspect unless a source is provided to a definitive NHL rule or statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad