2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, too bad we didn't make it -edition

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Sorry FloBros.

Hope Ovie gets his cup. I feel too conflicted about what went on between the Panthers and Vegas to feel good with the idea of the Knights winning it all.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think it's gonna be 4-1 or 4-0 Washington just so the talk of "GG got outcoached" can resume.

Reactions: 5 Hole

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
12G/10A. Whatever Trotz told him last season, Ovie really took it to heart. He's been killing it.

Remember this?

haRBQL7.gif

Those days are gone. Ovie is backchecking like a madman nowadays. And yeah, still putting up great numbers, Trotz done a great job with him.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Remember this?

haRBQL7.gif

Those days are gone. Ovie is backchecking like a madman nowadays. And yeah, still putting up great numbers, Trotz done a great job with him.

Meh, you can find clips of Crosby doing that. Ovi isn't the best defensive player, but that lack of backchecking on that one play was overblown.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's gonna hurt like hell (not me personally) if Vegas wins.

But as I mentioned before, it would be really good for this franchise if it happened....although there should be plenty of motivation as is even if Vegas doesnt win.

I look forward to the response this team will have from top to bottom. Barkov and company wont say it, they will act like they are happy or them, but deep down no one wants to see their ex do better than them. Hell f***ing no.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Can you imagine if Marchessault wins the Conn Smythe! This board would cease to exist!

edit. yeah, I know it is Fleury's to lose at the moment for Vegas.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
could be a tough series, or possibly a 4 game series. hard to tell. give the goaltending edge to Vegas. after that i don't know who to give the edge to. we'll have to see who steps up and how coaching strategy pans out. the Caps have the more established talent, but Vegas is no slouch in the talent department either. could be very interesting!!!!!

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
And this is just my personal feelings, but I don't care if Washington wins. Washington being a former division mate, used to beat the Panthers brains in for years. Ovi used to crush this team. They weren't trying to let us win because of the suffering we went through as a franchise, I don't care if Ovi ever wins, even with the suffering he went through for not winning it.
I don't care about what player has never won the cup, to me, you just don't win it then. Plus, there are a whole lot of other players who never won the cup, no player deserves it more than any other player. If your team is good enough, they win the cup, and that's that.

Reactions: harv33173

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
After this final, there will be 12 franchises without Cup wins, and assuming Washington wins, 5 teams who have never won it who have been around longer than Florida: Buffalo, St Louis, Vancouver, San Jose, Ottawa (not counting the Coyotes because they moved).

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
I'm just going to say this and go back in lurker mode; I don't want Vegas to win because I don't feel like their FANS have earned that right. So many fans wait years...decades for a chance to even go to the SCF and this team comes in on the first year. If they win it all, the bandwagon fans will be unbearable. I don't feel like they've faced any adversity. They pretty much swept through the previous rounds unscathed, and they've grown somewhat arrogant as a team.

Yeah, I'm jealous too. I see our old coach and a couple of our players out there, and I *want* to cheer them on, but I just can't do it. Here's to a good series.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Yeah, I'm jealous too. I see our old coach and a couple of our players out there, and I *want* to cheer them on, but I just can't do it. Here's to a good series.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I like all three of them and wish them success, but I can't help feeling bitter.

*Posted as Smith scores in the Stanley Cup Finals. Sigh.

Reactions: Ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I like all three of them and wish them success, but I can't help feeling bitter.

*Posted as Smith scores in the Stanley Cup Finals. Sigh.
Then proceeds to cheat and try and go on offense while his guy scores.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad