2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, too bad we didn't make it -edition

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Preds in 5. I think their depth is just too much for most teams.

Jets in 6. Same as Preds, also playoffs Boudreau.

Kings in 6. This was probably the worst match-up Vegas wanted for the first round, I feel LA's veteran team with cup winning experience finds that extra gear that VGK doesn't have.

Sharks in 7. Coin flip series, could go either way.

TB in 7. This is a huge if, if Tampa plays more like the first half than the second half. If the latter happens, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see NJ take the series.

Leafs in 7. Another coin flip, Leafs have more forward depth, Bruins have a better defence and goalies are pretty even. 7 games whoever takes it.

CBJ in 7. Huge question marks for Caps in goal, can Holtby bounce back or does Grubauer handle the pressure? I think Columbus is less suspect going in.

Flyers in 7. Another 2012 esque series, please.

Reactions: Boothinator

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Preds in 5. Preds have a great shot at the cup this season

Jets in 6. I dont see it with the Wild. Jets too strong

Kings in 6. As Soupy said. Nightmare matchup. Vegas also has some injurys. Struggling the last month

Sharks in 7. Ducks have been hot , Sharks cold but could go either way

TB in 6. I think TB will beat the trap from NJ and shut down Hall .

Leafs in 6. Take it to the Bruins!

WSH in 6. Washington will take but dangerous matchup for them

Flyers in 7. Fylers will take it to the Pens. Not a good matchup for them in the playoffs. Flyers neeed to get their goaltending going though

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Preds in 4
Jets in 6
Golden Knights in 5
Sharks in 7
Lightning in 6
Leafs in 7 Caps
in 5 Pens in 6
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smakk.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/smakk.png

finnishflash

Mar 19, 2018
Preds in 5. Truth to be told, the Avs have been pretty bad lately. Lucky for them, the Blues sucked even more during the last 5 games or so. It just seems like the Avs top guys are totally spent. The Preds are definitely more experienced than the Avs and have so solid defense. The goaltending edge also goes to the Preds, especially when Varlamov is out for the first round.

Jets in 6. Suter is day-to-day for Wild and there is no question that the Jets has more offensive depth than the Wild. The Wild veterans will probably win one or two home games because of their playoff experience. Since Dubnyk does not have a career year this time I think there will be some pretty ugly numbers in the Jets home games.

Kings in 7. This is truly the most difficult series to predict. I just feel like maybe Vegas won't excel when playing several times in a row against the same team. But the momentum these Golden Knights have is phenomenal and I consider this going to game 7. More salt to the wound for us Cats fans if Gallant gets the team to round two but he has yet to prove that he can actually win a playoffs series.

Ducks in 6. I really haven't followed the Quackers or the Sharks, so this series is really hard to predict in any way. Ducks got the home ice advantage with 1 point before the Sharks, might turn out as a huge factor. I think the goalie edge goes to Anaheim, Gibson has been excellent.

Lightning in 5. The Devils live and die with Taylor Hall. They really had a hell of a run this spring which spoiled the Cats' chances to clinch that WC2 spot. But I really don't think that the Devils can beat the Lightning while leaning solely on Hall and some second liners. Devils win one of their home games but that's it.

Leafs in 6. Bruins have truly struggled lately and I don't know why but they always tend to have very weak starts to games. The Leafs are known to be so tough in the first period, this might lead to some games being over before the second period. Rask has looked shaky during the past few weeks and the Bruins' core skaters have also looked weak lately.

Capitals in 7. What I find interesting is that Holtby has looked so bad this year. He had two playoff runs when he posted magical numbers (around 1.71 GAA with .943 SVS% for those two years) but last year he really let in some soft ones in the playoffs, and this spring he has again sunk to a mediocre level. I really hope the Caps start with Grubauer, he definitely deserves it and is the hotter goalie at the moment.

Penguins in 6. I hate to believe in this outcome, but the Flyers are super shaky in the goaltending department. The Penguins' lethal offense knows no mercy. Since the Flyers will be stupid and take lots of penalties, the series goes to the Penguins. If some games in this series become a goal-scoring contest, it is 100% certain that the Penguins prevail.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Preds - 6
Jets - 5
Kings - 7
Ducks - 6

Lightning - 5
Leafs - 7
Caps - 7
Penguins - 6

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Preds in 5
WPG in 5
Vegas in 7
Anaheim in 6

Tampa in 6
Toronto in 6
CBJ in 7
Pitt in 6

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Watching couturier play in the playoffs is hilarious. Guy gets a stripped on one goal and they score and on the Malkin goal he doesn’t even backcheck. Laughable they think he’s better than Barkov in any aspect of the game. Literally been carried by Giroux all year. And Brian Elliot is god awful.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Preds in 6
Jets in 7
Kings in 5
Sharks in 6

Lightning in 6
Leafs in 7
Caps in 6
Pens in 5

Jets in 7
Sharks in 6

Leafs in 6
Pens in 7

Jets in 5
Pens in 6

Jets in 6

Torn between Jets and Preds. Would take either winner of that to win it all.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
WPG in 7 Its not about Winnipeg ita about, i cant win a single Round Team, no matter where we end the Season, who is there opponent.
PIT in 5 Maybe im late but i posted many times befor, that PIT was not playing 100% the last 10 Games today they proof it
LAK in 6 VGK are good Team, but LA in PO is a tough Team, the play so good 2 Way Game and a Physical Team always tough to play against in PO
TBL in 5 TBL they will reach Conference Final again
BOS in 7 That will be also a tight one, i mean a roster full of expierence, vs young Team with a Coach who is better then his opponent. Two strong Goalies tough serious.
WSH in 6 I think Washington has still the bigger expierence
NSH in 5 NSH is pure dominant, last year they even swept a Round
SJS in 7 SJS vs Anaheim always a tough serious and pretty tight.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Severely jelly of watching VGK right now. Looking forward to this 1st round series the most other than Bruins sweeping the Leafs to haymaker my friends verbally all summer long

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Guess the Flyers saved the team that did this for the playoffs.

cbeyGTJ.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->